final

pink pencils
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon’s six-years-old and tiny. She’s quiet and awkward and painfully shy, so for the past couple of years she’s spent her breaks coloring butterflies pink and purple and flipping through fairytales. It’s when Tiffany Hwang stumbles into her world that everything changes.

 

Tiffany’s everything Taeyeon’s not: bubbly, social, bright, positive. She recently moved from Los Angeles in the United States (and wow, was there anything cooler than a foreigner from the United States?) and talks in broken Korean, but she’s just so radiant that everyone forgets to ask questions about burgers and hot dogs and ends up asking her how Korea is, if she’s happy (which is obviously yes), why she likes pink. Taeyeon’s curious too, because everyday, she practically skips to school swathed in pink, from the little hair clips adorning her dark hair to the t-shirt with balloons printed on it to the sparkly Hello Kitty shoes encasing her tiny feet. And every time she’s asked, Tiffany just shrugs and giggles, “I just like it! I love Korea, and I love pink!” and that’s that. Boys love her, girls love her, the teacher loves her- even Taeyeon can’t help but love her, even though Taeyeon doesn’t like loud noises and Tiffany has a strange tendency to squeal whenever she gets really happy.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter