That one evening

Snowflake

Yoongi was sitting on a bench in a dressing room of their studio. Deep in thought he waited for Jimin to get dressed up so they could finally leave. Even though Yoongi loved his work sometimes it didn't go quite well, ideas just couldn't come to his mind and he got all upset about it so much that he rather decided to have a break. This was one of those days.

On the other hand Jimin finished all work he wanted today and some of his good mood also transfered on Yoongi. It always did. And he was so glad for it. While he was with Jimin he could forget about his own misery and bad thoughts that often lead to depression. He was looking forward spending even just a walk from studio to their dorm with him. But he planned something else since Christmas were coming up. 

Even though it was freezing past few days it didn't feel like Christmas at all. Actually this didn't happen for the first time. It was happening for the past few years. Christmas atmosphere happen to vanish every year a bit more. Maybe it was caused by rush about buying presents which he hated or by the fact that Yoongi won't be home for Christmas this year. 

He thought about times when he was little and used to enjoy Christmas so much. He started to think about what could he possibly do to feel more festive. Suddenly door opened and cut Yoongi's line of thoughts. ,,We can go now." Jimin annouced putting on his coat. Yoongi nodded put a beanie on his head and stood up to go. 

As expected Jimin was in a good mood and started talking how productive his day was. Yoongi was frustrated but after a little while he couldn't help but felt happy that at least someone had a good day. They kept talking as they were walking down the street. Yoongi was one of those people who always noticed little details and he was proud of it. He noticed few people walking here and there in the street. He noticed how the yellow light was shining on the slightly frosted and slippery path and how their breath turned into uprising clouds of steam. Jimin was the one who talked most of the time and Yoongi didn't mind he liked the soft sound of Jimin's voice.

,,Errm we're actually not going to dorm yet." Yoongi said after a short silence. ,,So where are we going then?" Jimin asked excitedly. ,,We're going to the markets, you'll help me with buying presents for guys." Yoongi explained. ,,WHOAH!" Jimin slipped and if he didn't grab Yoongi's arm he would be already on the ground. ,,Watch out for ice." Yoongi laughed while he was helping him to get back to his feet. He noticed Jimin's slightly rosy cheeks and found himself smiling widely while thinking of how cute it was. Jimin laughed embarrassingly and said, ,,You better hold my hand firmly next time." he joked. It caught Yoongi off guard. He let out quite shocked look at Jimin's words for a moment. He shook it off and than realised how cold his hands were. He put them in his pockets as they started to walk again with embarrassing silence at first.

Yoongi felt like some weird creature inside him was crawling its way out. He pulled out his hand from pocked and found Jimin's smaller one. ,,I just don't want you to break anything. You know you wouldn't be able to dance well if you did." Yoongi uttered quietly Jimin could barely hear the end of the sentence. The older made it sound careless but Jimin knew he cared under that cold image of his. Jimin smiled at him even though he felt a bit concerned at coldness of his hand. They continued walking to the markets that weren't so far away now.

Soon they started talking again and Yoongi uttered a litte joke here and there. He liked when he could make laugh other members and liked to be in the middle of attention but he was more comfortable in the corner of all the drama. But now just seeing Jimin smile and laugh with his eyes cutely squinted and showing his slightly crooked teeth was more than enough. It made Yoongi smile too and he could feel warm spreading in his chest and creature moving in him. He tightened the grip on Jimin's hand that felt so small in his one. 

When they arrived in markets there weren't lot of people due to cold weather and it was not long till closing but market owners were there with Christmas hats on and smile on their face. It helped a little to the festive feeling. Jimin started excitedly pointing out things and food like a small child and Yoongi really tried hard not to but couldn't stop smiling while looking at him. 

,,This would be a great present for Jin-hyung." Jimin picked up some handmade kitchen equipment leaving Yoongi's hand. ,,Mmhm." he mumbled and put his hand back into pocket. Suddenly feeling much more colder. He wasn't in mood for this. He started regreting his decision. He wanted to go home. But he couldn't just chicken out like this. He needed just that one thing to be done today and unfortunately this was the only thing left. 

Through his little inner fight he didn't notice fluffy white chunks of snow started falling down from the sky. He tapped Jimin who was still observing handmade products on shoulder. ,,Hey, look!" Yoongi pointed his finger to the sky. ,,It's snowing!" he laughed in disbelief. He looked back at Jimin who looked suprised just as Yoongi was, half-smile still lingering on Yoongi's lips. He couldn't stop looking to Jimin's eyes which were shining so brightly while he was looking to the dark sky. He started chatching snowflakes letting them fall onto his wide opened palms and then spinning around with his arms wide open just like a little kid.

,,Wow it's pretty." He said back to Yoongi who still stood at the same spot and his stare moved up on falling snow. Yoongi stretched his hand for Jimin's and pulled him closer. His other hand sneaked around younger's waist. Jimin's orbs widend and little snowflake fell on his chubby round nose. Yoongi couldn't help letting out a smirk. ,,So pretty." Creature inside squeezed all his organs and his heart pounded happily. 

Jimin broke this intimate eye-contact looking up to the sky once more and it throwed Yoongi into reality. Freeze washed over him and smile slided off. What was he thinking? This was wrong but felt so right at the same time. He pulled away slightly. But Jimin kept smiling. He was smiling at snowflakes how pretty they were falling in a lamp light and then how they stucked in Jimin's black bangs. There he was Yoongi's happines in front of him. So precious so beautiful yet so untouchable. It hurt so bad that it must have reflected on Yoongi's face. 

,,Are you in pain Hyung?" Jimin asked voice full of worry frowning a little. Yoongi tried really hard to push the pain in his chest back but couldn't fight it completely. ,,No I'm just really cold." Yoongi forced himself to smile weakly. Jimin grabbed the olders hand and brought them close to his mouth. Yoongi held his breath watching the younger with wide eyes. Jimin breath out to make Yoongi's hands warmer. Smile spread on both of their faces when their eyes met. 

,,Let's buy the presents quickly and get something hot to drink afterwards." Yoongi nodded on Jimin's words and they focused on markets again. But still his eyes was mostly glued on Jimin's profile, smile and voice in which he kept losing his straight mind. He often had to force himself to focus on his today's goal - to buy presents. Though Yoongi didn't really wanted to. He wanted to continue watching Jimin's eyes full of excitment about falling fluff spin him so much that he would fall into his arms once again but for now he had to find satisfiction in what they had so far. Time spent alone together, little eye contacts and touches here and there all that was enough for now.

And at some point of that evening Yoongi could sooth the creature somewhere inside him that kept crawling its way out and squeezing his heart every time some of those moments happened between them two. Every time he felt like his heart is gonna give up under the pressure yet it kept him going at the same time. It kept his hopes up that maybe someday he could let this creature control him completely. And he knew sooner or later it would happen. Not just yet.

 


 

Well that's it. I kinda dirifted away from Christmas spirit because I wanted to focus the story more on Yoonmin and capture some of my feelings and ideas. Well I hope you don't mind and will excuse mistakes I've made. It's maybe quite confusing and I think I'm going to edit it later on but for now I'm leaving it like this.

Thank you for reading c: 

xx