A Pair of Lightless Stars

A Story of Separation (DISCONTINUED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I hope these tears will stop someday.

I hope someday the warm sunshine will dry off these tears after the darkness has lifted.

- Someday by IU

 

“Kei, come over to the management office after the practice is over! There is a new project to be talked about” Lovelyz members were just finished with their dance practice for the day when one of their managers appeared to inform Kei.

“So, Kei is unnie is getting another solo project? I wonder what it would be…” the youngest member, Yein, spoke up about her curiosity after they ended the practice and Kei had left the room.

“She is probably going to feature for someone again…. or maybe another drama OST? Who knows?” the leader, Baby Soul, casually answered the youngest, sounding somewhat indifferent.

The other girls did not stop talking about Kei either even after they finished packing up their stuff and prepared to leave the room. Little did they know, that one of their members had been hiding her disappointment ever since the manager left the room.

“Myungeun-ah, are you not leaving?” the other girls had left the practice, leaving Mijoo and Myungeun, the last two to finish packing up, alone.

But, Myungeun did not move an inch from the spot where she was sitting, and instead, responded the older by shaking her head.

“I will join you later, unnie! I still want to practice a little bit….” She gave the other girl a nod, as if trying to convince her to leave her alone.

Seeming to be convinced that Myungeun indeed wanted to practice, Mijoo left the room after telling Myungeun not to take too long to finish.

But, as soon as the older left the room, Myungeun began sobbing at the corner of the room.

These days, things just did not seem to go right with her. Nope, it was not only about Howon and her miserable love story with him, but also her career as an idol.

Among the other Lovelyz members, she was the only person who never had any actual individual schedule. She lost count of how many times she had been telling the CEO that she wanted to sing an OST for a drama. She even expressed her wish to sing more in front of their fans several times. But everytime an opportunity came, the CEO always ended up handing it to Kei, and sometimes Sujeong. She understood that Kei was a better vocalist than her. But would it hurt to give her at least one chance? It was as if all her efforts for four years were pointless.

All the thoughts that ran inside her mind just made her feel lost as she continued to cry alone inside the practice room. However, she suddenly heard a sound of the door to the room being opened. She looked up to see who the person was, which turned out to be one of Infinite’s members, Woohyun.

 “Myungeun….?” The male was frozen for a moment on his spot. He was quick to shut the door upon noticing the girl’s puffy eyes and tear-stained cheek, which she failed to hide from the guy.

As Woohyun walked closer towards her, Myungeun hurriedly stood up from her spot while she continued making a fail attempt to hide her crying face. “I-I am alright, oppa….”, a sniffle could be heard from her as she said so. “You want to use this practice room, right? I will be going no—“

But, before Myungeun could sprint out from the room, she felt a hand grasping on her wrist, which was no other than Woohyun’s.

“What happened…?” Woohyun shifted his body a bit, trying to get a better look of the girl’s face. For a reason he did not even know, he felt concerned towards his hoobae, and he knew he should not leave her alone.

“Tell me…” he simply uttered the words as he received no response from the girl.

Myungeun shifted her gaze to look at Woohyun. As her eyes met with the guy’s, she remembered how Woohyun and her used to be pretty close and hung out a lot when she was a trainee. The two shared the same interests in ballad and Myungeun truly admired him as a fellow singer. But they stopped hanging out together after Myungeun became busy with her debut, more-over, when she started dating Howon.

Myungeun also remembered how Woohyun was one of the the most supportive among the Infinite members when she made her solo debut with ‘Gone’. He kept telling her that she did a great job and complimented her vocals. He even promoted her song on his sns account.

Thinking that she could trust Woohyun, Myungeun decided to tell him the truth.

“I just…. I feel like nothing is going right with me…” she took a deep breath before she continued to speak.

“All I want is to sing…. Like, you know, oppa, just like the other idol-vocalists often do, sing for an OST, make appearance in singing shows…. but somehow, everytime an offer came, sajangnim never hand the opportunity to me….”

Silence filled the room after the Myungeun stopped talking. As she heard no response from Woohyun, the girl st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter