Goodbye Chapter One

A Story of Separation (DISCONTINUED)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Like being sick with a nasty cold for the first time, no one will understand my aching heart - Goodbye Chapter 1 by Lovelyz

 

 

Myungeun sighed as she stared at the necklace on her hand.

Ten months. It had been ten months since she broke up with Howon.

The two began dating a few months after Myungeun debuted. Having admired the main dancer of Infinite since her trainee days, her feelings gradually turned into love.

She was not sure whether it was a mere luck or something else, but turned out that Howon also shared the same feelings as hers. She still remembered how it started, that eager confession she bravely told the man when the two were spending time together at the pool-side in the hotel when they visited Japan for a concert. Never did she expect that her one-sided affection would turn into mutual feelings. And so, the two began dating since then.

But being in a relationship as idols is not something easy. The job demands you to sacrifice a lot of ‘ordinary’ things that ‘ordinary’ people could do and have. One of those things would be love-life.

Myungeun was never one to hide it when she was in love with someone. When she loved someone, she would go all out, always made sure to let the whole world know how much she loved that person. Because of that trait of hers, she would constantly talk about Hoya sunbaenim even before she and Howon started dating. It even reached the point where a fan gave her a Hoya fan as a gift during an event, which Myungeun gladly accepted.

But because of that as well, it became harder for the two to continue their relationship. Some fans found it suspicious as how the girl constantly talked about Hoya in broadcast, to the point that Jooeun, Myungeun’s sister, had to clarify on her social media that there was nothing going on between the two and Myungeun merely admired ‘Hoya’ as her ‘Sunbae’.

Myungeun understood that being an idol, not to mention a rookie one, meant that ‘love’ should be the last thing she wished to have in life. Her job as an idol, her future career should be her first and biggest priority. But it was easier to be said than done. The main vocalist of Lovelyz was still young and immature, thus it was difficult to hold herself back. But in the end, Myungeun’s constant desire to go public became a burden for Howon.

Myungeun still remembered it clearly as well. It was a cold autumn night in November, and Myungeun was busy promoting Ah-Choo with Lovelyz. The two met up, and Howon asked for break-up. When Myungeun asked if the reason was because he had fallen out of love, Howon said it was not.

Instead, Howon said that it was because they were both idols, and those nine months had not been easy at all for the two of them. But Myungeun could not accept it. She almost begged to him even, because she did not want it to end yet. It was too early for them to go to separate ways when the two just started knowing each other better.

But Howon’s decision was final. It was a break-up for them and there was no other choice. And so, that night became their separation, their farewell as Lee Howon and Park Myungeun, before they went back into Hoya and JIN, a sunbae and hoobae in the idol industry.

It had been ten months since then, but Myungeun still could not move on from him. The man, however, looked just fine even after the break-up, despite saying that he still loved her. Although the two remained a good relationship as senior and junior, Myungeun could still feel her heart ache every time she was met with the sight of him.

Indeed, the break-up was not something easy for Myungeun to deal with. To her, Howon was one of her support pillars, someone whom she needed no matter what, and even after ten months passed, her feelings for him never faded, leaving her in a miserable one-sided love.

What made things harder was Howon still treated her so well. He even gave Myungeun a necklace for her birthday present this year. The very necklace she was wearing today. Myungeun chose to wear it especially today because she and Howon were attending the same schedule.

It was the day of Music Bank special for Korean Sale festa, and both Infinite and Lovelyz were performing at the event. Howon had spotted Myungeun wearing the necklace when they met at the backstage earlier, and it seemed like the man was delighted to see his ‘hoobae’ wearing the birthday present he gave to her.

Everything went just fine, in fact, it was a happy day for Infinite especially, since the group just won a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter