Cuddle With Me

Cuddle With Me

 

In the haze of Eli’s barely-awake mind, he had a gut feeling that it was Christmas morning when he was torturously pulled from his death-like sleep by his bed slowly dipping next to his torso. He made a soft snorting noise as he was jolted awake by a gentle touch on his shoulder.

“Huh?” He lifted his head a few inches and blinked weakly at the hand on his shoulder, following the skinny arm with his eyes until he made eye-contact with his secret-boyfriend. “What’re you doing here?” He asked softly, his voice husky with sleep.

“It’s Christmas, silly,” Kevin said, sliding off of the bed to crouch beside it and rest his arms on the bed, smiling adoringly at Eli. “I’d hate for you to spend it alone!” Eli blinked weakly at Kevin before closing his eyes and dropping his head back onto his pillow.

“I don’t wanna get up!” He whined, pulling his comforter over his head.

“But it’s Christmas!” Kevin insisted while laughing, pushing Eli’s covers out of the way and tugging his cuddle-pillow out of his arms. Eli whined as he opened his eyes, watching Kevin drop his cuddle-pillow on the floor.

“Kevin!” He whined again, squeezing his eyes shut.

“Eli!” Kevin whined back, obviously mocking Eli. Eli pouted and scooted back, lifting his blanket up. “What?”

“Cuddle with me,” Eli demanded childishly.

“I’m fully dressed,” Kevin pointed out, tapping Eli’s nose.

“Go put on some of my clothes,” Eli said, pointing at his closet. “Bottom drawer on the far right has my PJ’s in it.”

“Are you serious?”

“It can be my Christmas present,” Eli said without opening his eyes, but still smiling. “You took away my cuddle-pillow, which means you should take its place.”

“Eli!” Kevin laughed, crouching on the bed and nudging Eli. “Come one, get up – ack!” He yelped as Eli jumped up, wrapped his arms around him, and dragged him back down, clutching him tightly. “Eli!”

“Go to sleep,” Eli demanded, quickly draping his blanket over the two of them and nuzzling his face into his hair.

“Eli, I’m still fully dressed -”

“If I let you go then you’ll keep harassing me to wake up and you won’t let me do this again.” Kevin sighed and rested his head on Eli’s chest. As Eli’s room went silent once more, Kevin became hyperaware of Eli – his smell, his warmth, his steady heartbeat on Kevin’s cheek. Kevin felt more comfortable in Eli’s arms and found himself wishing that he had agreed to cuddle with Eli sooner. He couldn’t hold back his contented sigh as he wrapped his arms around Eli and cuddled closer, smiling against Eli’s chest.

“Kevin?” Eli mumbled, the huskiness from sleep returning to his voice.

“Hm?”

“I love you,” Eli whispered, and Kevin felt a burst of butterflies in his stomach at Eli’s words, which intensified when Eli pressed a soft, sweet kiss against the top of his head.

“I love you, Eli,” Kevin responded, feeling himself getting sleepy in Eli’s embrace. “And merry Christmas.”

“Best Christmas present ever,” Eli sighed.