I'm no Baby

Like a Baby

“Yah, Minah?” Her mothers voice filled the foyer. Minah and Ricky looked at each other with panic in their eyes. Minah could feel the adrenaline rush through her veins before she literally picked up Ricky and tossed him into his room. She rushed hurriedly to the front room to meet her mother.

 

“Yes mom?” She sat down on the couch like nothing was wrong. Her mother walked in setting down her books and purse. Her smile turned into a frown. she immediately threw her hands up into Minahs face.

 

Minah’s POV

 

OH NO! she can’t have figured it out already. my heart quickened as she tossed her hands on both sides of my face.

 

“Yeobo!” She called to my father who was probably in the kitchen. He closed the fridge door and stepped into the doorway.

 

“Look, our Minah’s face is all puffy! darling have you been crying?” Her mother asked me before squeezing me tightly to her chest. My eyes widened...This is my chance. Ha, chunji can babies cry like this?

“Um-ma, chunji broke up with me....” I looked away letting the tears well up in my eyes. She fussed even more over me. I really wasn’t listening anymore just hoping that Ricky wouldn’t come out saying that I had broken his arm, when he had clearly broken it himself.

“Oh! My darling, don’t worry, we can have a girls day out and you can forget all about him.” she cooed at me. I suddenly felt guilty, my mom didn’t have to do all of that I just needed her attention diverted. I can’t lie to my mom again...But....This isn’t a lie right? hadn't Chunji broken up with me, no less than twenty minutes ago?

“ Who’s chunji? Isn’t he that flower boy?” My father asked plopping down and opening the newspaper.

“Appa! He’s more than that to me....” I wiped my tears.

 

My pocket vibrated.

 

From:Trickstachicka (Ji Hae)

Time: 9:02 pm

Yah, Minah what happened, all of us are at the e-mart and Chunji is with this other girl. You want me to teach him a lesson? ;D


 

I shoved the phone in my pocket angrily.

 

“Woah, your emotions change so quickly these days.” My mother crossed her arms heading into the kitchen. Ricky’s door creaked open slowly.

“Noona!” He whispered loudly.

“What?! Stay in your room!” I whispered back before grabbing the bandages out of a basket on the shelf. I pulled out my cell phone again.

 

To: Trickstachicka ( Ji Hae)

Time: 9:04 pm

 

  Nah, that would be too easy for him. I’m going to hit him where it hurts the most. I’ll show him that i’m no baby.

I closed my phone. Chunji, I'm going to get you and show you I'm no baby.

“Yah! Dongsaeng come here!” I yelled skipping over to Ricky’s room.