Chapter 10

Love Returns
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This is a double update!

            “What should we do now?” Amy asked in a panic voice. She was fiddling with the end of her shirt as she bit her lips nervously. Her eyes were focussed on the man in front of her who looked blankly in front of him. Amy never felt as afraid as this. Waiting for her parents to scold her could not compare to anxiety she was having right now. Since she never heard any reply from Jackson, she called him once again.

            “Jackson, are you listening?” Jackson seemed surprise to hear his name. He turned to look at Amy and the look lingered for a few seconds as he was sinking all of the fact into his brain. He knew they never regret what happened before but this was something he could not think of. It was so unexpected and he could only blame himself. He gulped as he saw how restless Amy was. He squatted down so that his eyes met hers. He held her hands in his and he could feel how cold it was.

            “Listen here, Baobei. I’m going to take the responsibility. I… I just need to talk to my parents about this and I think you need to do the same too.”

            “But… but… I’m scared, Jackson. They would hate me for this.” Amy was so close to tearing up. Jackson held her cheeks and caressed it, trying to calm her.

            “Hey, don’t say that. You don’t know what will happen in the future. I don’t want to call this as a mistake. We both want it. It’s just we don’t expect this to happen. We must admit to this then only we can settle things. Okay? I’ll tell you after I tell my parents about this. For now, you need to have a good rest and make sure to tell your parents later. Is that okay?”

            “Can’t you… can’t you do it with me? Let’s tell my parents together. I’m scared.”

            “Sure, Baobei. We are in this this together.” Jackson said as he leaned in to kiss her forehead before engulfing her into his hug.

           “What have you done, Jackson?!” Jackson squinted his eyes as the loud voice hit his eardrum. He was back in Hong Kong to consult his parents regarding the matter he promised Amy. Everything seemed to go well when he started to introduce Amy but when he told them what actually happened, his parents were shocked. His dad was taken aback by the news as he shook his head while his mom exploded right away.

            “I want to take the responsibility and I’m telling this to you because I don’t want to hide anything from you.” Jackson continued.

            “Are you crazy or I am the one who are crazy? You said you wanted to take the responsibility? Do you even remember what your responsibility is when we sent you to Korea, when we allowed you to stop fencing?!” His mom responded. Jackson looked down. He knew he was not supposed to do this but what choice he had in this situation?

            “Sophia, calm down. Let’s talk about this calmly.” His dad said. Jackson knew, he was trying to keep his anger on him.

            “You tell me how we are going to solve this then only I can be calm.” His mom looked away as she folded her arms on her chest. His dad heaved a heavy sigh and shifted his eyes to Jackson. Jackson gulped nervously.

            “It’s a lie if I tell you that I am not upset with you. I’m over the fact you wanted to quit fencing but this is very disappointing, Jackson. Now you’re telling us that you wanted to take responsibility and then, what will happen? Are you going to quit being a singer too?” Jackson went silent at that. He never thought of what would happen after that. Amy clearly would not be able to continue so what about him?

            “We give you everything you want, every chances you need. We never ask anything in return but I thought you know better. We thought we raised you well. How can you do such mistake?” His dad continued. Jackson shook his head at the last sentence.

            “That’s not a mistake.”

            “Then what should we call this? Is it even a right behaviour for someone who are going to be a singer in South Korea in the future? Not to forget you are from Hong Kong, a former fencing athlete. A former gold medallist. No, Jackson. Once people know about this, they will never look at all those thing I mentioned just now. They will only pick on your bad side.” His dad retorted. Jackson let out a heavy sigh from his mouth. He palmed his face, holding himself from breaking down. The pressure he was having right now was too much. He started to think whether it was a wrong decision to take the responsibility. As what he knew, taking the responsibility is the right way but why did it seemed difficult to have that as a solution? Because of his position right now? But how about Amy? What would happen to her? Too many questions were going around in his mind, he felt like it was going to explode in any minute.

            “Break it off with her. You are not going back to Korea unless you are done with her. I will call your agency.” His mom said as she walked towards him and took his backpack from him. Jackson was speechless.

            “What? Mom, you can’t do this.” Jackson said as he tried to reach for his backpack from his mom. He could have it by force though, but as a son he did not want to do that to his parents.

            “I can do whatever I think it’s best for my son. You promised us, remember? You are going to be an idol and that’s it. Not something else. Yet, you are playing around with this girl when you have not even debuted yet.”

            “Her name is Amy.”

            “I could care less about that. You better clear your head then only we talk about this again.” With that, his mom walked away with his backpack which he placed his passport and wallet. His mom knew that he always packed his important things in the backpack by the way because it was a gift from his parents for being able to get into JYP Entertainment. Jackson’s shoulder slumped as he watched her walked away. He turned to look at his dad but he was looking away, as if he was thinking of something with a devastated expression on his face. From there, Jackson finally admitted that he made a mistake as he had disappointed his parents.

            “Baobei, I think you need to tell your parent by yourself because I can’t go back as I planned. I have things to settle with my parents here.”

            “They are angry, right?”

            “No. They are… they just… they are in shock. I just need a few more days to talk to them again after they calm down.” Jackson said. He felt guilty for telling her lies but he did not want her to worry. It would not be good for her body and emotion.

            “If that’s what happened to your parents then what I am going to do with my parents?” Amy on the other line sounded so hopeless and Jackson grew worried over that. He wished he could be by her side to calm her and made her forget all the problems.

            “You wouldn’t know until you try, Baobei. If they could be supportive, it would be good. Then I think it might help me to solve things with my parents here.”

            “What if they got angry? What if they tell me to get rid of…”

            “Hey, don’t take it there, Baobei. Calm down. You are their daughter. How can they do that to you? You always tell me that they are very loving.”

            “Yes, but what if?” Amy was already tearing up and Jackson started to have a headache. He was planning to call DanHee to help him to take care of Amy. If she was under pressure, it would be harmful.

            “Baobei, you are starting to overthink. Let’s stop talking about this, okay? You have to take a rest. I’ll call you again. For now, let this matter aside and have a good sleep. I love you, Baobei. We are in this together. Remember that.”

            “I miss you already.” Jackson smiled upon the small voice that was fighting with tears.

            “I miss you too, Baobei. Now, let’s end this call, okay? Good night!”

            “Good night.” The call ended.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter