You Are Pretty

Seventeen Oneshots [OPEN + NEW STAFF]

Requested by: LeeSoEun_92

Pairing: Eungyu (Mingyu x Eunha)

Author: _VernonDicaprio

Start: 07.12.17

Finish: 07.17.17

---

Request:

Author : Random Author


Pairing: Mingyu x Eunha (Eungyu)


Genre: fluff, romance


Plot: Eunha confessed to the popular Kim Mingyu under a cherry blossom tree. When he merely shrugged and said 'sure', Eunha could not've been happier. Eunha was always there for Mingyu, but she soon realized Mingyu never treated her right. What will Mingyu do when his girlfriend stops caring? 

 

Note: Sorry if you didn't like it, I haven't written anything in awhile! >.<

---

"I like you," were the 3 words that started it all. Eunha looked down at her shoes as cherry blossom petals brushed past her face and into her hair. The grass danced in the wind as she fiddled with her bracelet. "Would you... Like to go out with me?" she asks, almost in a whisper.

Mingyu leaned against the tree and shrugged, "Sure."

The shorter's eyes widened as a large smile formed on her face, "Seriously!?" she exclaimed, grabbing onto his muscular arm.

 

"Sure, why not?" nothing in the tone of his voice or face expression showed any sign of happiness or excitement in dating the adorable, short haired girl, but Eunha was ecstatic, smiling from ear to ear.

They stood like that for awhile, no words, just the shorter hugging Mingyu's arm as he relaxed against the tree. Not long after, they found themselves sitting down, noting but the sound of wind making its way through the branches of the towering plant.

After moments of sitting under the tree in a somewhat awkward silence, Eunha spoke, "So... Do you... Maybe... Want to walk me home?" Mingyu looks as Eunha with the same emotionless expression as when she confessed to him a few minutes ago, "I-I mean, you really don-"

"I guess I'll walk you, I have nothing better to do..." replied Mingyu as the got up and stretched.

Eunha's eyes widened with joy, she quickly sprung to her feet and grabbed his hand, "Let's go!"

 

And so they dated, Eunha was constantly taking care of Mingyu and always trying to be the best girlfriend she could be, whether it be waking him up every morning, supporting him at his basketball games, or reviewing his homework, she always worked as hard as she could. Sure, she would only get a 'thanks' or a nod, but she felt content knowing that he at least appreciated her work for him.

But while Eunha was madly in love with Mingyu, her friends had different opinions about him.

 

"What do you mean he's a bad boyfriend?" The brunette argued.

"Look, we're not saying you have to break up with him," SinB starts as she lightly taps her nail on the wooden table of the cafe.

"We just want you to hear us out, if most of your friends don't like him..." Yuju continues, "We might have a point."

Eunha crosses her arms and squirms a bit in her seat, "Okay, I'll listen... But only because you're my friends." 

"Number one," Umji speaks, "when was the last time Mingyu asked you out?"

"U-uhm..." Eunha stuttered.

"Number two," Umji begins once again, already knowing the answer to the previous question.

"Have you guys even hugged or kissed yet?" continued Sowon.

"We haven't kissed yet, but we've hugged many times, thank you very much." Eunha replies confidently.

"Has he ever hugged you back though?" Sowon asks again with an eyebrow raised.

Eunha thinks for a moment, "No... but a hug is a hug, right?"

"Face it Eunha, Mingyu doesn't like you the way you like him, he makes you do all the work!" SinB complains.

Eunha places her forehead on the table, frustrated and in thought, "Well..." she starts her argument, "Ugh... You guys win..." she ends up saying instead, "I guess love is blind."

 

And so, the next day Eunha stopped hanging around Mingyu, avoiding him, not talking to him at all. The basketball player enjoyed some time alone at first, but something didn't feel right. Something was missing.

"Hyung!" Mingyu called to Seungcheol, the team captain. It was far past practice time, but Mingyu always stayed this late.

"Ah~ Mingyu," Seungcheol smiled, "Where's your 'girlfriend', I haven't seen her in awhile."

"Actually, hyung, I was just about to ask you about that."

"Wait... You're not being serious, right? You're asking about the girlfriend you never actually liked?"

"I was just wondering, it's not like her not wait on the bleachers for me to finish practice." Mingyu spoke as he glanced at the bleachers, scratching the nape of his neck.

"Ahhhh~" the captain started in a teasing tone, "You fell in love with her, didn't you!" He exclaimed.

"What!? Are you kidding me!?"

"I kid you not, my dear dongsaeng, love is love," with that, the elder patted Mingyu on the shoulder before dashing out the gym doors.

"Yah! Choi Seungcheol!" Mingyu yelled, "That little..."

 

As Mingyu walked home, he found himself listening to a song that Eunha told him was her favourite. He hummed along, Eunha played this song all the time, he found it annoying that she didn't get sick of it, but he's grown to like it. 

 

On one fine day

you magically appeared

You took my heart and attracted my eyes,

you’re greedy

 

Later, he found himself thinking about her, her sparkling eyes, pretty hair, cute smile, why was he only thinking about her like this now?

Mingyu finally snapped out of it once he felt 2 arms wrap around each of his shoulders.

"Mingyu-yah" Seokmin, his friend on the left started, "Let's go get some noodles!"

"I thought we were going to get cake!" Whined Chan, the little one on his right.

"But we got cake last time!" Argued Seokmin.

"That's a lie! You said we would, but we went for barbecue instead!"

Mingyu let out a groan, but the two were to engulfed in their fight to notice. Letting a sigh, he continues to mumble the song.

 

Oh we chose each other and

focus on by nano unit

When I see you, it’s breathtaking

Normally I’m not like this

 

Without realizing, he instinctively made his way to Eunha's house.

"Hyung, where are we?" Chan asked as he cocked his head to the left.

"Huh?" Mingyu replied, suddenly bringing his attention from his own thoughts.

"Ahh~~~ We're at Eunha's house!" exclaimed Seokmin with a devilish grin.

"Eunha! Like, that-girlfriend-you-never-really-cared-for, Eunha!?"

"Omo! Don't tell me you've fallen for her, have you!?" 

"Calm it you idiots, I just came to pick something up," of course, he was lying to cover up the fact that he had no reason to be here whatsoever. 

Walking up the steps and ringing the doorbell, he waited, but no answer. Cocking his head to the left, he rang again, Eunha always opened the door, always.

Heading back to his friends, they teased the taller as they made their way to get noodles.

"Argh! What does that Mingyu guy even want!? So annoying!" SinB growled, watching him through the window.

"What's annoying, is that you're leaving chip crumbs everywhere," replied Sowon, picking up the trail of crumbs left behind.

"What about Mingyu?" Eunha asked as she hopped down the stairs, drying her hair with a towel.

"Hm? Oh, nothing... We were just saying that... Sowon's little sister was missing you!" lied SinB.

"Ah~ Well tell Min that I miss her too."

 

Eventually, those days bled into a week and Mingyu still felt something missing. He knew exactly what it was, but admitting it would be hard.

As Mingyu and his 12 friends walked around the mall, he spotted a tiny figure skipping towards a store in her group. He knew that skip in a heartbeat. "Yah! Jung Eunbi!" Mingyu called, completely forgetting that his friends were behind him. Eunha turned around with a smile before being pulled away by SinB, the latter soon giving him a death glare.

Showing a bit of a pout, he turned around, only to be teased by his group.

 

And soon, a new week began, and Mingyu finally gave up. He admitted it, he liked Eunha. 

"Ugh! But she hates me now!" Mingyu yelled into his pillow on the Friday morning.

He thought of the only reasonable thing to do at that moment, and grabbed his phone from beside him.

"Hello?" Seungcheol yawned.

"'Hyung," Mingyu started, "I think I like Eunha..."

"Called it." Seungcheol chuckled. "And...?"

"And what?"

"Are you going to confess?"

"Confess!? Are you crazy?! She probably hates my entire existence by now!"

"Well, its that or be Eunha-less forever, I have to get ready."

"What! Yah! You can't do that! Choi Seungcheol! Don't you dare hang-" a beep sounded, "up..."

 

As he walked to school, he thought about the blunt advice from Seungcheol, Well, its that or be Eunha-less forever.

"Dammit hyung..." Mingyu mumbled.

Slipping on his headphones, he played the song that had been on repeat since the day Eunha stopped hanging around him. Ding! 

Taking out a pen and a scrap piece of paper from the side of his backpack, he started scribbling down some words and speed walked towards the school. Once he entered the building, Mingyu slipped the paper into Eunha's locker and continued on with his day.

 

And soon enough, the bell rang. Mingyu gathered his things, fixed his hair, and headed towards the cherry blossom tree.

The taller chuckled, "Of course you're here first!"

"Just hurry up and tell me what you need to say!" Eunha called back with an annoyed tone.

Finally reaching the tree on the small hill, Mingyu started singing.

 

I want to pick and gather all
the pretty words for you
They stick in my
throat in front of you

I promise myself, while drinking
a glass of water in the morning, to tell you
I will confess what has been
on the tip of my tongue tomorrow

 

Eunha cupped her hands over , almost in tears. The taller wrapped his arms around her, 

 

"You are pretty."