Ideal Type

Ideal Type

 

We were asked to wait in the dressing room after rehearsals for our segment in a music show. I was sitting on the couch with Jonghyun on my right. Jungshin was nowhere in sight while Minhyuk was sitting on another couch with our new coordinator, who was only a few months older than me. She was rather clumsy but did her job with enthusiasm.

 

“Noona, what’s your ideal type?” Minhyuk suddenly asked our coordinator.

 

“Well,” she started. She thought about it for a few minutes and then looked at Minhyuk. “I don’t think I have an ideal type.”

 

“Why is that?” Minhyuk probed.

 

 I couldn’t help but listen. After all, she became rather close with all of us in a span of one month. I could see Jonghyun listening intently as well.

 

I guess we were all curious.

 

“I don’t know. I just don’t have one, I guess.” She stated nonchalantly.

 

“I can be your ideal type, noona.” Jungshin, who just came, said with a cheeky smile. Noona just laughed at his silly comment.

 

“Don’t be stupid. How can you be her ideal type?” I commented without thinking. The members, as well as noona, just looked at me.

 

“I was just joking, hyung. There’s no need to be irritated.” Jungshin said.

 

“Maybe Yonghwa’s jealous,” Noona joked.

 

“Shut up, noona!” I exclaimed with a red face and they all laughed at me.

 

“Well anyway, I don’t think you all should be looking into my preference. Just focus on your music,” she said while patting Minhyuk’s head.

 

“We just find it weird that you don’t have an ideal type.” Jonghyun said honestly.

 

“If it makes you feel better, I don’t think I have an ideal type because I haven’t found him yet.” She said, gaining our interest yet again.

 

“What do you mean?” Jungshin asked.

 

“I guess I can only have an ideal type if I like someone. I don’t really want to fall in love with the standards that I have set.” She stated while playing with her fingers.

 

“And?” I urged her to go on.

 

“In a sense, it means that I don’t want someone who needs to become my ideal type before I can fall in love with him. Rather, I want to fall in love with someone who will end up becoming my ideal type.”

“Oh,” was what escaped from our lips.

 

I guess her answer was rather confusing but I think I kind of get what she was trying to say. And to be honest, I liked her answer.

 

“Well, I guess our noon isn’t the easy type,” Jonghyun concluded with a smile.

 

“Of course she’s not!” Minhyuk exclaimed.

 

We were informed that we were about to go on stage in less that a minute. I asked noona to help  me with my tie.

 

“Err...how do you do this?” She asked me and I laughed at her.

 

“Noon, how can you not know?” I asked her and she just pouted at me. With a grin plastered on my face, I held her hand as I guided her in fixing my necktie.

 

“There,” I said with a satisfied smile. She just stared at me for a few seconds and then gave me a warm smile.

 

She was about to go when I called out to her.

 

“Noona!” I said. She turned around to look at me.

 

I smiled at her and said “Someday, I will become your ideal type. Just you wait.”

 

She chuckled and smiled at me.

 

“Well then Jung Yonghwa, I’ll be waiting,” she said.