i know, you (don't) know

why are you crying?

"So, my place?"

"Yeah, I like it there," Jonghyun answered, interlocking his fingers with Kibum's.

"But what about Byul Roo? There's no one at home to feed her if I'm not around."

Kibum stopped short at Jonghyun's question, trying to find an answer to his concern.

"Yah.. I'll just text your sis to drop by your place and take care of her for a bit okay?"

"Oh, okay then. Just make sure she's fed, she'll be barking through the night if she isn't," Jonghyun smiled to himself as he talked about his furry companion.

Kibum could only respond with a helpless sigh.

Jonghyun-ah, you put Byul Roo to sleep last year because she was sick. You cried all night that day, don't you remember?

The walk home was silent. Jonghyun knew Kibum had a lot on his mind, but he didn't know how to get him to open up either- he's always got a strong front put up, and especially hates being vulnerable in front of the people he wants to protect. Kibum knew Jonghyun cared, but how could he bring himself to say anything when Jonghyun doesn't know anything...at all?

The silence broke once the two reached Kibum's apartment, in the same awkward manner that it had begun.

"I'll go for a shower first, the TV remote is there if you want to watch anything. Oh, and your favourite channel is 19." Kibum reminded before heading to his room.

Jonghyun was confused by Kibum's words as he walked to the living room to turn on the television.

What's up with that kid, of course I remember my favourite channel...

His fingers hovered above the remote buttons,

It's...it's...

", I can't remember," he muttered under his breath as he sank into the couch, going through the different channels one by one.


Kibum the shower faucet, letting the cold water rain onto his bare skin. Normally, he'd flinch at the freezing cold water but today, he felt too numb to notice. The coldness was refreshing to the man who only felt hot tears stream down his face every night. He had so much on his mind, oh how he wished the water could wash everything away.

Yet, someone had to bear the brunt- he took it upon himself to do so, till death and beyond; And if he was given another chance to decide, he wouldn't change a thing. 

Kibum promised Jonghyun to walk the rest of this journey with him, and he wanted to keep that promise no matter what. Even if Jonghyun had long forgotten about it.

He turned off the faucet.

The warmth of his tears embraced him once again.


[A/N] a short chapter to get u prepared for the next!! hopefully, it showed you a little about both characters as well <3 every comment is appreciated- remember to leave your thoughts n feelings in the comments!! see u in chapter 3~ (ノ^ヮ^)ノ*:・゚✧