milk tea with extra milk?

why are you crying?

"Milk tea with extra milk, babe?", Kibum chirped, walking over to the cashier counter as soon as he spots Jonghyun there.

"Wooow, you take so many orders every day, how'd you remember mine? I'm just one drink out of a few hundred after all." Jonghyun asked, always fascinated by Kibum's exceptional memory. His cutely puzzled expression brought a smile to Kibum's face as he began to prepare Jonghyun's drink.

"Well, I just do."

"Ahh, you surprise me sometimes." Jonghyun's eyes wandered across the cafe, looking at other people's drinks.

"I mean, I am the almighty Kim Kibum~", the sassy barista replied in a sing-song voice as he served Jonghyun the beverage.

"My milk tea is lucky to be remembered by you then, Kim Kibum."

Jonghyun stood by the counter, with a dreamy smile on his face as he looked at Kibum doing his job, happy that this was the face he could see everyday.

"Hey, my shift is ending soon, wanna wait for me and go out later?" Kibum turned around from washing cups to ask Jonghyun.

"Yeah I have nothing on today, I don't really feel like going home either."

"Wait...are you sure you have nothing on?"

"Yessss," Jonghyun took out his little schedule book where he wrote things he needed to remember and showed Key his empty page for the day except for one line which repeated through every page: Go to Kibummie's cafe 

"see? I have nothing on today, don't be such a nag!! I'll wait for you there okay?"

"Alright alright, see you later babe~"

Jonghyun sat at the very back of the cafe in the corner, he couldn't see Kibum very well from where he sat but to him, it was the best spot to people watch. People watching gave him all sorts of thoughts and inspiration. Inspiration to write music or just write.

Ahh that couple over there, they look so dazed. Like the fire between them kind of just died down? I don't know. Right! They must feel that way too, not knowing what they are. But... the fact that they're sitting together now means they're trying, I guess. Maybe just one of them. Oh! My notebook, my notebook!

Jonghyun grabbed a notebook from his bag- no, not his scheduler. Another notebook, where he writes lyrics, melodies or concepts, anything that hits him at that moment really. He couldn't ever do without that little pink notebook, he would end up forgetting his ideas and getting upset.

"Yah Kim Jonghyun! Jjongie-ya!"

"Huh? Oh! You're here already?"

"Oh hell no, I'm at the counter making drinks, totally not standing here," Kibum answered, rolling his eyes at how engrossed Jonghyun could get in writing.

"Aish I was just writing lyrics!!  That couple over there inspired me you know."

"Yah.. you write about everyone don't you, let me take a look at what you've written this time, my genius~"

Though I extend my hand,
Though I extend it with all my strength,
I can’t reach you
It seemed like I got closer so I called you with a fluttering heart
But there’s no answer,
I guess I can never reach you

"So? What do you think?" Jonghyun asked, looking at Kibum expectantly.

Kibum lets out a sigh, not in awe of his boyfriend's talent, but a sigh of relief.

"It's good! I like it, I really do."

Jonghyun smiled wider at the compliment, he loved it when Kibum praised his work, it's rare that a picky guy likes anything at all. That's why sometimes he wonders why Kibum chose him, a clumsy and forgetful romantic.

"Let's get going then, I'm hungry~ Let's have grilled meat todayyyy~" Kibum whined as he passed the book back to him.

"How'd you know I love grilled meat?" The same puzzled expression found itself all over Jonghyun's face again.

"Gosh...Like, I'm your boyfriend???"

"I know, I know, Kim Kibum, my one and only boyfriend." Jonghyun got up and planted a soft kiss on Kibum's lips.

"Aish, cut it.. you're so cheesy sometimes."


The two regulars found themselves a seat in the restaurant, and Kibum immediately got on his phone while Jonghyun rested his chin on his palm, looking at Kibum with the same dreamy gaze.

To: Minho 

Thanks for just now, everything went according to plan. Thank Yuri for me too.

"Ding!" Kibum's phone screen lighted up with a new message as soon as he put it down on the table.

From: Minho

I'm glad to help, just drop me a text if I'm needed again. Take care of yourself too alright

Kibum smiled faintly at the message from his best friend, and typed a quick reply.

To: Minho

Thank you, but... now I just want to focus on helping Jjong, nothing else matters, I'll stay healthy for him, though.

"You okay? Who were you texting?" Jonghyun asked, noticing the worry that was written all over Kibum's face.

"Oh, just Minho. It's um, nothing really. What do you want to order tonight?"


[A/N] hello i hope you liked this, remember to leave your thoughts and feedback in the comments!! and i hope to see you in chapter 2  (。・∀・)ノ

p.s the lyrics that jjong wrote are from selene 6.23 by shinee :,)