#02

Teach Me How To Love

Moon Byulyi

 

Yongsun was on Facebook as she typed the girl's name on the search bar, hoping to find her. She had stalked Wheein’s friends list but she was dejected when found out that her friend did not add Byulyi as her friend.

 

“None of this is her,” Yongsun muttered as she scrolled down the list, feeling slightly frustrated. “Ah, maybe she's on Instagram!”

 

Closing her Facebook application, Yongsun tapped onto her Instagram and went to Wheein's profile, stalking her account’s following.

 

“It wasn't nice of you to do that. Someone else would have think you're a stalker or a ert.”

 

Yongsun scoffed at her own words, finding it ironic that she was the “stalker” now. She continued to scroll down Wheein's following list, rolling her eyes whenever she sees her ex boyfriends’ names. Sometimes, Yongsun disliked how friendly Wheein was to everyone.

 

m.b12

 

This must be her.

 

Yongsun’s finger lingered above the name. She was not sure if she should check her profile. What if she accidentally liked a photo? What if worst of all, she accidentally pressed the follow button? The brunette exhaled deeply, not realising that she had actually been holding her breath.

 

“I'm not a stalker. That's right. I'm just curious,” Yongsun chanted in her mind.

 

Using every ounce of confidence she was left with, Yongsun pressed onto Byulyi’s profile only to be disappointed when the latter’s account was locked.

 

“This is useless,” Yongsun groaned and put her phone aside. “I should just call it a night.”

 

~.~.~

 

Yongsun woke up the next day feeling a little grumpy. She sat upright on bed and ran her fingers through her hair with her other hand reaching out for her phone that was on the edge of her bed on the other side. As if on cue, her phone rang and her brows furrowed when it was a number that she did not recognise.

 

“Hello?” Yongsun said sleepily.

 

“Good morning, princess,” a soft but husky voice could be heard from the other line.

 

“...” Yongsun had no idea what to say but she was definitely wide awake this time with her heart beating erratically.

 

“I must have scared you,” the caller laughed nervously. “It's me, Byulyi actually.”

 

Yongsun's eyes widened and she held onto her phone even tighter. “H-how did you get my number?” she asked warily.

 

This Moon Byulyi person… she was scaring Yongsun.

 

“I asked Wheein last night. It took me a lot of courage to ask,” Byulyi answered and Yongsun somehow knew the former was smiling sheepishly.

 

“Are you sure you're not some sort of stalker?” Yongsun pursed her lips. Byulyi was too good to be true.

 

Byulyi chuckled softly and once again, Yongsun's heart fluttered. “I swear I'm not. I just want to get to know you more.”

 

“... why?”

 

“You seem like an interesting person from Wheein's perspective and I guess that's why I want to know more about you.”

 

Yongsun kept silent.

 

“Are you free later after 5? Let's meet at the same spot yesterday.”

 

“Sure,” Yongsun agreed.