#01

Teach Me How To Love

Yongsun sighed for the nth time for the day as she propped her elbows on her thighs, resting her chin on the palms of her hands. She was seated on a bench near the park of her university after a long day filled with tests and project work.

 

Her eyes strayed off to the left and curled into a frown unknowingly when she saw a couple taking a stroll. Oh, how she envied them. She wished she could do that with her special someone too. For her whole twenty-five years of existence, never once had Yongsun felt long-lasting happiness with the people she had dated. She herself found it pathetic but her exes had never made her feel special.

 

Click.

 

Yongsun’s head made a sharp turn at the sudden sound and there, standing beside the bench was a tall figure with long platinum hair, smiling at her sheepishly while holding her camera close to her chest.

 

“I'm sorry about that,” the stranger apologised as she rubbed the back of her nape.

 

Yongsun quirked an eyebrow as her eyes trailed from the girl's face down to the camera.

 

“Wait,” Yongsun muttered to herself.

 

The platinum haired girl scrunched her nose slightly and tilted her head curiously when she heard Yongsun talking to herself.

 

“Did you… did you just take a photo of me?” Yongsun narrowed her eyes at the stranger and pointed her index finger to the camera.

 

“Well, guilty as charged,” the stranger flashed yet another sheepish smile as she raised both her hands into a surrender position. “You look really beautiful at that angle I just had to take a candid. I was too focused on getting a perfect shot that I forgot to turn off the shutter sound.”

 

Yongsun was surprised at her straightforwardness. She felt blood rushing through her cheeks and she immediately looked elsewhere, hoping that the cute looking stranger had not notice the pink hue on her cheeks.

 

“It wasn't nice of you to do that. Someone else would have think you're a stalker or a ert,” Yongsun pointed.

 

“N-no, I'm neither of those!” the photographer's eyes widened and shook her head. “I'm one of the photographers for the newspaper club in my university actually.”

 

“Weird. I've never seen you before,” Yongsun turned her head back to take a good look at the stranger, still finding her unfamiliar. “I've been to the club's room plenty of time since my friend Wheein is in the club too but… I've never seen you.”

 

“Ah, so you're Wheein’s friend,” the stranger grinned. “I've heard a lot about you from her but it seems like whenever you visit, I am never in the room.”

 

Yongsun furrowed her brows. “Wheein talks about me?”

 

The stranger only shrugged and smiled cheekily. “It's getting late. You better hurry home before it's rush hour.”

 

“Before you go,” Yongsun hesitated to continue but when the girl turned around and looked at her cluelessly, she asked. “May I know your name?”

 

“Byulyi. Moon Byulyi. It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Kim Yongsun.”

 

Shocked was an understatement to what Yongsun was feeling at the moment when the girl mentioned her name but she never thought much of it because…


God. The way she smiled warmly at her made Yongsun’s heart skip a beat.