Good Night, Love

The Flower That Dies (One-Shot)

A greetings to everyone. Happy Valentines! Enjoy reading^^

 

"How's my wife? My baby?" The broken, total wreck young husband asked. The doctor shakes her head and quickly handed him the permit. "Quickly sign this Mr. Jung" Not in a second, he handed it back to the doctor, his about to leave but Yonghwa stops her. "There's no time! Your wife is dying!" She runs back on the delivery room leaving the speechless Yonghwa outside. He slowly dropped his body on the floor and cupped his face with the both of his palm. Words can't explain what he felt right now, his wife delivering their first baby both in danger. He can't think straight no more! 

"Yonghwa~" his family runs to his direction and quickly comforted their son. "They will survived. Shinhye going to make it!" Instead to stop, he cried harder. He knows this day will come right after knowing about his wife pregnancy ten months after their marriage. Shinhye been suffering leukemia ever since she's five years old, she's living in misery not until the right person come to her life accepted her for who she is and even married her despite her illness. Yonghwa knew she's the one the moment he saw her he didn't waste anything anymore and approached her. Even though Shinhye is stubborn hard headed woman he never give up instead he shown her how much he loves her that he will love and take good care of her until his last breath.

"I can't lost my wife, I'm going to die" he whispered. And then, They all looked up upon hearing the sound of a crying baby carried by a nurse walked out from the delivery room. Yonghwa stood up and can't help but smile as he watched the baby carried by the nurse, The doctor come out followed by her assistant. "My wife? How is she? My baby?" 

"The baby is healthy.... Shinhye's conditions worsen, her discontinue medication for the past nine months have a huge effect to her...." 

"What should we do?" He asked worriedly hoping for any good news. "Her vital signs dropped upon she delivered the baby. In this case, there are only few patient survived. But your wife is a strong woman, she's stable now for the mean time." --- "I can see her now?" The doctor nods her head and told her assistant to give him a hospital cloth before he goes inside. 

Yonghwa felt like his heart is breaking down every step he took towards his ty weak wife laying on the hospital bed, she's sleeping peacefully yet her face full of pain, sadness and sorrow. His tears fell down and slowly cares her face before he planted a deep loving kissed on her forehead. "Wake up soon my lovely wife, I'm waiting for you" Said, Yonghwa. And, he cried harder seeing those buries on her body caused by her stage four leukemia. He let out a deep breath and rest his head on the crook of her neck. "I know your going to make it. I'm always here and never give up on you. I love you, My lovely Shinhye."

"Yooong.. Yonghwa" he get up and saw his wife awake looking at him. He smiled immediately and cupped her face with his palm "shhh, don't talk if you still can't. You have to recovered your energy" Shinhye never lost her smile on her face, he closed his eyes and savor the feeling of his wife holding his chin lovingly. "I Love You" Said Shinhye. He opens his eyes and saw her tears rolling down on her face. "Don't cry. Don't cry" he wipes it away and peck her lips to comfort her. "Where is our baby? Is she fine?" Worry, that's the only emotion can figure out on her face. Yonghwa nodded his head and smile showing her an assurance. They both looked at the door and saw the nurse carrying the baby, properly warped with a thick cloths to protect her from cold since the whole city of Seoul is perfectly covered with snow. Shinhye smiled as she watched Yonghwa carried the small human into his strong arms. "I want to see her" He sitted beside his wife and lowered the baby showing off to her. She begin to cry, she's a perfect replica of her and Yonghwa "such a cute baby" she sobs touching her chubby chicks. The baby moves her little lips showing a smile, her eyes are still closed and leaning to her Daddy's chest enjoying his warmth coming from his body.

"I want to discharge tomorrow" Said Shinhye, out of nowhere. Yonghwa froze on his place and looked at his wife laying on the bed watching him feeding their baby with her milk formula. He sigh heavily and slowly placed the baby on her crib and made his way towards his wife. "You still need to recovered!" 

"I want to spend my remaining time with you and the baby, not here in this hospital." ---- "If you want to spend more time with us you have to undergo with your Medication"

She wipes her tears and move her body not to face her husband. "There's no time. I'm so tired, Yong" she cried harder yet manage to finished her words. Yonghwa walked closer and settled beside Shinhye caressing her arms, wiping her tears. "You have to be strong. You have to!" He hold her and sitted on the bed, she quickly clung her arms to her husband. He can't do anything but to comfort his wife, he can't hold back his own tears and just let it. Shinhye notice her husbands tears and she immediately loosen their grip and cupped his face. Yonghwa just let his tears and let her see him crying. He never shown to her how much his hurting because he doesn't want her to felt guilty or what so ever. He used to acted as if his very very strong yet his already broken into million pieces. "I'm sorry" said Yonghwa and wipe his own tears. 

"It's ok, if you want to cry, just cry infront of me. I know you've been holding back for so long... Just cry, I know it's hurts alot" As she said, he yelp harder like a liltle boy left by his mom. She strech her arms and wipes her husband's tears. "When I die, don't cry. Okay? Because I won't be there to wipe your tears" He shakes his head and pulled her to his embrace. "Don't say that. Your not Leaving me." His heart is breaking again and again, again. Shinhye smiled and cares his back. "You have to be strong, Honey. " 

"How can I be strong with you by my side?" She sigh and cupped his face again. "HaEun, you have her. She needs you and you have to stay strong for her. She's our precious baby."

"Please fight and never give up, I'm not giving up on you" he kissed her forehead deeply. "I'm so blessed to have someone like you, you're a very sweet, caring loving husband. I love you so much, Yong. I'm so thank you I have you." ..... "And in the next life I will take all the good memories with you and cherish them forever. I love you yesterday, today, tomorrow, forever and till the next life"

"Stopped Shin nah! You're not going to die. No!" He said firmly to her, Shinhye just chuckles softly. "I can't let you go." He added. Shinhye grabbed his hands and hold it tightly. "Always put this in your mind that there is no way you could go that I won't be with you. I may not be here physically, but I'm here always" said Shinhye while pointing his heart. Without saying a word, he leans to her and claimed her lips. They kissed each other so deep showing how much they love each other. 

"Grant my last wish, please honey" she murmurs while Yonghwa slowly laying her to the bed, He weakly smiled and pulled her blanket. He nods and kissed her lips again. "You have to take a rest. Sleep now."....

-- He dropped his body on the couch feeling lost and empty looking at his wife sleeping then move his gaze to his baby on the crib. He stood up near side of the crib and watched his daughter sleeping with her pillow pincesses, he can't help but smile admiring how she look so adorable, a complete replica of him and Shinhye. "My princess" he whispered and kissed her forehead. "Daddy doesn't know what to do now, baby. Please tell your mommy to be strong." He thought. "I don't know how to be strong anymore." He sobs still staring at his little precious daughter.

"Sweetheart?" He whisper and pulled a chair positioned beside her bed. There is no respond from Shinhye. He settled down and hold her hands intertwined it to his. "My dearest wife, I love you. Please don't give up because I'll never give up on you nor get tired, I need you more than you thought, I want you to be here beside me always because I don't know how I'm going to survived in this world. I'm not complete without you, I'm used of you're always here beside me, I can't go on all by my self I need you here with me forever." He kissed the back of her palm and cares her face. "I know you're tired, I know. But, we need you, I need you" he added. He looked up and watch her sleeping. Even tho, she's so thin and pale her beauty never failed to amaze him. "You are the best thing ever happened in my life" he said and hugged his sick wife buried his face on her neck.

Words can't explained how much he loves her, the moment he saw her, he knows that she's the one. Even he found out about her ill he never had the second thought of not marrying her. Instead, he married her wholeheartedly and vow to Take care, love and cherish her till his last breath. He become the best husband in the world for Shinhye, Shinhye always thank him for everything but Yonghwa always told her there is nothing to thank for since he vowed to do it and he wants to do it for his beloved wife. Sometimes, Shinhye felt really insecure for she think she can't be a good wife because she can't sustain his need but Yonghwa never failed to explain to her that sustaining the ual needs of your husband is not the only way how to measure the love you have for them.

{{ I wanna grow old with you

I wanna die lying in your arms

I wanna grow old with you

I wanna be looking in your eyes

I wanna be there for you

Sharing in everything you do

I wanna grow old with you}}

 

~~••~~

One month after...

Yonghwa stops on the door way towards their room when he saw his wife standing in the corner seem like busy of something. She's been discharged in the hospital weeks ago just few days after sge told him that she wants to leave the hospital Yonghwa can't say no. As Shinhye stay home nothing change nor improvement sometimes Yonghwa sending her in the hospital everytime she felt something wrong. And to their baby HaEun is e month yesterday she grown fast, Shinhye felt so much happy seeing her baby girl growing before her eyes. She knows to her self that she can't stay long anymore and all she wanted is to be with her husband and daughter every single seconds of her life.

"You look so busy, Sweetheart" He circles his arms around her before he peck her chin making her giggles. "I just fixed our photos and placed it in this photo frame" They both stared at their family photo. It was taken yesterday when they had their family picturial yesterday also for the celebration of HaEun's one month. In the picture, HaEun smiles brightly as her mommy Shinhye carrying her while Daddy Yonghwa back hugging the both of them, it was such a sweet lovely family picture.

"Our daughter grown so fast. I'm so happy that I'm able to witness her growing, I hope, I'll be there when she speak her first word and took her first step." She shed tears while talking. "Of course, honey. You'll witness it, when that happens me and you will be there" he wipes her tears "Don't cry now. I always telling you that you can over come this. I believe in you." He smiles comfortingly at her before he gave her a deep sweet kiss on her forehead.

And then a loud cry belong to their daughter can be heard. They look simultaneously on the side where the crib is located. "Aigoo, my princess is awake now" He said while getting baby HaEun into hia strong arms. Shinhye smiles seeing him carrying their baby trying to stop from crying. "She might be hungry, I'll make her milk" She walks near by HaEun stuffs and Yonghwa settled down on the couch inside their house-like bedroom. HaEun leaning her face on his chest soon as Daddy Yonghwa successfully stopped her crys. "How was your nap, sweetheart?" Shinhye whisper.

Yonghwa handed HaEun to her since she quickly offer her small to her mothet soon as she saw her. "Ahh, come to Mommy now. Your milks ready" Shinhye giggles when HaEun drink her milk hungrily. "Take your time sweetie" said Yonghwa while he slightly pinch her chubby chicks that look so very very cute. 

Shinhye watched her daughter looking at her so deep trying to memorize every inch of her face. Then unknownly her tears falling down on her face. HaEun smiles to her mommy giggles so happy. She then pulled HaEun closer and hugged her made her rest on her chest. Yonghwa signing as he watch the scene, his heart is breaking once again. He move closer and warped his arms to them. "Everything is going to be alright" he murmured. Shinhye moved and face him with her tears rolling down. He wipes her tears with his thumb. ''Gwenchana.. " he smiles, "Look HaEun, Eomma is crying" he said cutely made Shinhye smiles alittle. And then he puller her to his embrace. He hugged his wife while she's carrying their daughter. "You and our daughter are the best thing ever happened in life" she said continue to shed tears as she remembered what happened inside the bathroom awhile back.... When she vomited and there's a blood on it. 

"HaEun falls sleep again. Let me bring her back on her crib" he said and get the baby to her. Yonghwa walks towards the crib and slowly laid down baby HaEun. "Shinhye???" He panic and run towards her... She looks so pale her color turning white and she's sweating alot looked so very exhausted. "Hey!! Shin nah. Can you hear me?" --- "gwencha... na.... Yong.. Water please..." He cares her face and kissed her Forehead. "Wait for me here" said Yonghwa and rushed out of their room. 

He started to get panic after he heard the tragic scream from their room which is belong to Shinhye, his wife. He fastly put down the glass of water which its supposed to be for Shinhye but because of nervousness he left it and run towards the room. "Shinhye" his panting hard and feeling lost the moment he saw his beloved wife laying helplessly on the floor. 

"Shinhye!!!" He grabbed his wife and shake her body. "Shinhye, honey! Wake up." 

"Yoong.." She is trying her best to open her eyes but she's too weak to do so, until her husband lifted her and carry into a bridal style. She's so pale, weak and turning white already. "I'll bring you in the hospital, hang on there Shinhye." 

"Yong... Please put me down. I want to lay in the bed, please." He stop and stared at his wife who is lifeless crying on his arms. "Please" he sigh heavily and went back to their room. He slowly put her down and settled beside her. He lifted his wife to make her seat on his lap while his hand protecting her back and his other hand caressing her hair for him to see her beautiful face. "Im tired Yong" she confessed. He shake his head and peck her lips. "Don't say that. You can over come this. Okay, im here for you" he said without losing smile on his face. But deep inside his broken in to a million pieces. "I gave you so much problem ever since we got married. I am a burned to you. You deserve to be happy and free not staying here, at home taking good care of a sick and useless person like me. I can't even give what you need" Shinhye broke into tears and lean her face on his chest. 

"Shinhye! No! Don't say that." He said and hug her so tight. 

"Stop crying sweetheart" he said lovingly while caressing her face and wiping her tears at the same time. "Im really tired Yong, i want to give in" 

"You can't. You just can't, im not going to give up on you, Shinhye. If i need to search for the best doctor around the world. I will. Please be strong, please im begging you." Yonghwa broke into tears already, he can't take it anymore. He knows that his wife is suffering too much, he hates it alot because if can't do anything about it. He just hug her and let her head buried on his chest. "Yonghwa...." 

"Yes. Baby" he murmured and kissed her forehead. Shinhye smiled to her husband and wipe her tears. "Don't cry when im already gone, because i won't be here anymore to wipe your tears" He grabbed her face and kissed her lips deeply. "Your not going to leave me" he said soon as he broke their passionate kiss. She never lost the smile on her face while still looking at the crying man infront of her. "Please sing me a song. My favorite one. Give me a smile" she said and buries her face on his chest wanting to smell his scent and hear his heart beat. 

~••~••

utseobwa seulpeohajiman malgo

(Give me a smile, don’t be sad)

•••••

The moment Yonghwa sang the first line, Shinhye started to sob uncontrollably.

•••••

gwaenchanha nunmul heulliji malgo

(It’s going to be alright, don’t shed tears)

 

jigeum bureuneun nae noraega

(The song that I am singing now)

 

jakeun wiroga doegil barae

(I hope that it can bring you a bit of comfort)

 

utseobwa apahajiman malgo

(Give me a smile, don’t get hurt)

 

gwaenchanha sesangi neol himdeulgehaedo

(It’s going to be alright, although you are going through a hard time now)

 

i sigani da jinagamyeon

(Time will pass)

 

modu da neol ihae halgeoya

(Everything will look up again)

 

utseobwa ne gyeote ittjanha

(Give me a smile, I am right here by your side)

 

saranghae nae mami deullini

(I love you, can you hear my heart?)

 

•••••

"I Love You too, so much. Neh.. I can hear your heart baby, his calling my name" Yonghwa let out a soft chuckle and kissed her lips. "I love you more" and he continue to sing agian. 

•••••

nuga mworaedo neol midgoitneun

(No matter what, I believe you)

 

naega hamkke ittjanha

(I am always here for you)

 

utseobwa nae nuneul barabwa

(Give me a smile, look into my eyes)

 

saranghae neol saranghan mameun

(I love you, I have always been looking at your heart)

 

byeonhaji anha nae eokkae gidae

(It has never changed)

 

jamsiman swimyeon dwae

(You can lean on my shoulders, take a rest)

 

utseobwa

(Give me a smile)

 

utseobwa apahajiman malgo

(Give me a smile, don’t get hurt)

 

gwaenchanha sesangi neol himdeulgehaedo

(It’s going to be alright, although you are going through a hard time now)

 

i sigani da jinagamyeon

(Time will pass)

 

modu da neol ihae halgeoya

(Everything will look up again)

 

utseobwa ne gyeote ittjanha

(Give me a smile, I am right here by your side)

 

saranghae nae mami deullini

(I love you, can you hear my heart?)

 

•••••

"Deh. I love you so much" she murmured.

•••••

 

nuga mworaedo neol midgoitneun

(No matter what, I believe you)

 

naega hamkke ittjanha

(I am always here for you)

 

utseobwa nae nuneul barabwa

(Give me a smile, look into my eyes)

 

saranghae neol saranghan mameun

(I love you, I have always been looking at your heart)

 

byeonhaji anha nae eokkae gidae

(It has never changed)

 

jamsiman swimyeon dwae

(You can lean on my shoulders, take a rest)

 

utseobwa

(Give me a smile)

 

neol midgoittneun naega ittjanha

(I am here for you, me who believes in you always and forever)

••~••~••~••

 

He wipe his own tear and look down to his wife. "Shinhye?" 

She lifted her face and smiled at him. "Yong, ..I love you..you and......o..our daughter.. I love you both forever......" Her tears falls uncontrollably trying to speK more but she can't no longer do it. "I love you. You're are only woman I love." He lean his forehead to her. "Yooong.. "

"Shhh, i'll bring you to the hospital" his about to carried her but then.... Shinhye cares his face lovingly... "Shin nah..." 

"GoodNight, My Love" just then, Yonghwa felt the whole universe fell off to him....... "Noo." He yelled and hugged his lifeless wife .... 

 

 

 

 

It

,

I know. ㅠㅠㅠ

 

 

 

 

 

BlueDooley is logging out.