001

Christmas Holiday

Tick tock tick tock tick tock…..Chanyeol sat in his 3rd grade class next to his best friend Lay tapping his pencil along with the ticking of the clock as he stared at it. “Chanyeol please stop tapping on the desk you have two minutes left in class ok” Mr.Junmyeon said trying to keep his patience with the boy. Chanyeol sighed and sat down his pencil only to start whistling and humming.”Just breathe Junmyeon breathe you have dealt with this for months now you can last a few minutes” Junmyeon thought to himself. Luckily before Junmyeon could yell out for Chanyeol to stop making noises the school bell rang signaling that the children were finally on Christmas Break. The children all jumped up running out the doors so they could finally start there break “Everyone have a safe Christmas Break and no running in the halls please” Junmyeon said with a sigh but nonetheless was smiling as he packed his briefcase. “Come on Lay we have to hurry up so we won’t miss the bus” Chanyeol said pulling on Lay’s arm. “H-hold on Chanyeol I need to do something first” Lay pulled his arm out of Chanyeol’s grip and ran back to his teacher. “Um Excuse me Mr.Junmyeon I have a holiday gift for you” Lay said with a shy smile and went through his bag pulling out a bag of cookies that were tied with a ribbon and he held it out to his teacher while looking up at him. Junmyeon smiled and took the small baggie of cookies from the boy and ruffled his hair. “Thank you Yixing this is very kind of you have a good break” Lay nodded and said a quick you too before hugging Junmyeon and running off with Chanyeol to the buses. As Lay and Chanyeol got outside they saw there bus start to slowly pull off. “I told you this would happen” Chanyeol yelled while running after the bus and flailing his arms trying to get the driver’s attention. “Hey Sehun isn’t that your big brother” Kai said looking out the back window, Sehun sat up peeking over the back of the chair and could see his brother flailing his arms. Sehun giggled as He slid down the bus windows and peeked his head out Kai doing the same. Chanyeol smiled feeling that luck was on his side when his younger brother finally noticed him “Hey Sehunnie tell the bus driver to stop the bus please” Sehun stared at him. “Alright I’ll tell the driver, but you have to tell me where my bubble tea went” Sehun said furrowing his eyebrows. “Alright fine you were right I was the one who took it the other day now tell the driver, my legs are starting to hurt” Sehun nodded and sat back down. “Aren’t you gonna tell the bus driver” Kai asked as he sat back down beside Sehun. “No way! That’s what he get’s for drinking my bubble tea” Sehun said with a pout. “What about Lay hyung he’s out there too” Kai peeked back behind the seats seeing the two boys still running they weren’t too far behind since the bus had to drive slower in the snow.Sehun also sat up too look out the back window again “I know but Lay hyung is a sacrifice that I’m willing to make in the name of bubble tea” kai nodded in understanding and they both looked at lay and saluted him which only made the two boys running outside confused nonetheless lay saluted back. “See Lay hyung understands that this is important.” Sehun said “ Stop the bus my little brother is running outside.” said one of the older boys on the bus. The bus driver slammed on the breaks causing sehun and Kai to fall backwards. The doors opened and two shivering boys quickly got on and sat down in the back with their friends. “W-What the heck Sehun w-why did it take so long for y-you to tell the dr-driver to stop the bus” A shivering Chanyeol asked. “I stopped the bus. I was wondering where you were lay”Xuimin said giving his younger brother his scarf  to warm him up some more. “Before you even start yelling Chanyeol please don’t ok” Chen said when he noticed Chanyeol about to open his mouth. Chanyeol sighed and sat down in his seat. “Are you guys ready for the trip” asked a very short boy with a quiet voice Everyone immediately smiled as they thought of the big trip all of their parents planned to take together. All the boys and their parents would drive up to a large cabin near the mountains and spend their time together until a day after Christmas. “It’s going to be a lot of fun I can’t wait for it” said Baekhyun and the rest joined in voicing out all the different things that they wanted to do or try. “So is mission O.C.S still a go?” Kai asked and suddenly all the boys got serious except for Lay who was looking around with a confused look on his face.“Um guys what’s operation O.C.S” Lay asked and they all face palm “Hyung we go over this every year it stands for “Operation Catch Santa” Kyungsoo said and Lay nodded in realization. “We must not fail this year guys we have to catch him this time ok” Baekhyun added. “Is it considered bad trying to catch santa what if he decided not to give you presents” Lay said as he yawned. “WHAT!! NO PRESENTS” Kai and Sehun both yelled at the same time and started to regret being involved in this operation. “Nonsense nothing like that will happen because by the time we ambush him he will already have our presents, It’s not like he can just take them back” Baekhyun said to quickly calm down the two youngest. “Now let’s go over the plan again and Lay listen closely” Chanyeol said as they all leaned to go through the plan once more and decide who will bring what. One by one the boys got dropped off and went straight inside to pack their bags even though they weren’t leaving until two days before christmas. Even though it seemed like the trip would take forever it was soon upon the boys as their parents packed up the cars and all lefts at different times during the morning listening and singing along to christmas songs as they took the 3 hour journey to the cabin.

“Mom did you bring the hot cocoa box with you” asked lay from the backseat of the car. “Yup don’t worry honey we have everything packed up” she said with a smile “What about the marshmallows” xuimin asked “yes I have the marshmallows too minseok” Xuimin gave a relieved sigh and they continued there singing. Meanwhile in the Parks car “Are we there yet I’m tired of sitting my hurts” Chanyeol whined “Yes, Chanyeol we are close just wait a little longer how about you color with your brother” said their dad and Sehun Held his coloring book close to him. “No I don’t wanna share with a tea thief” Sehun said as he glared at his brother.”Why are you being such a baby I already said sorry for it” Chanyeol retorted “I’m not a baby! Mommy! Chanyeol called me a baby” Sehun said with a pout. “Chanyeol be nice to your little brother and apologize” his mother said as she looked at the two through the rearview mirror. “What why do I have to apologize I di-” before he could continue his dad cut him off “Chanyeol please just listen to your mother and apologize”  Chanyeol gave up “Sorry Sehunnie” said Chanyeol and Sehun gladly accepted his apology giving his brother a page out of his coloring book and some crayons and they both sat there quietly,for the first time since the car ride started, coloring. The four families reached the large cabin and the kids jumped out of their cars to run around in the snow covered yard making snowballs and going into battle, every man for themselves. Kyungsoo ran behind a tree  and started to form his snowball delicately trying to make sure it was perfect until he felt something cold go down the back of his pants making him jump and drop his snowball onto the ground while chen laughed. “Hyung what was that for you aren’t supposed to put it in my pants” Kyungsoo said shivering from the cold snow sliding down his backside. “Rule number one never turn your back on the enemy” It was now Kyungsoo’s turn to laugh as a snowball hit Chen in the back of the head. “Leave my hyung alone” Kai yelled and quickly started to make another snowball to throw at Chen. “Oh no you don’t” Chen bent down to start making another snowball and Kyungsoo took this opportunity to take his revenge scooping out a handful of snow and shoving it down Chen’s pants causing the older boy to  shriek in surprise. Kyungsoo took Kai’s hand and they both made a run for it “Yah!! Get back here you two” Chen yelled as he took off after them. After almost an hour of playing in the snow the boys came inside and there parents made them all take warm baths and change their clothes before they got sick. The boys came to the living room after changing into their pajamas and helped decorate the tree while the moms gathered in the kitchen to start cooking xuimin soon decided to go into the kitchen so that he could be the official taste tester. “Can we have some hot chocolate please Lay and Xuimin’s mom” Baekhyun asked “Sure” she said and made all the boys a mug of hot chocolate making sure to put plenty of marshmallows in xuimins she passed all the mugs out and the boys thanked her and started drinking their hot chocolates. After watching Rudolph the red nosed reindeer everyone gathered to eat dinner then head to bed.

The next day in the afternoon all the boys sat circled up in one of the bedrooms with various items sitting in the middle of the circle. “Alright guys it’s the day we have been waiting for. It’s Christmas Eve which means that O.C.S is a go alright now Chanyeol is gonna fill you in on the plan” Baekhyun said and looked to Chanyeol for him to begin. “Alright Kyungsoo and lay you two are in charge of the cookies your goal is to go downstairs and add some of this hot chili powder into the mix that we make for santa ok” Chanyeol looked at the two “Isn’t that mean” Lay said not feeling happy with the plan “No no it’s all apart of the plan trust me” Chanyeol said and the two boys nodded grabbing the chili powder from out the middle of the group and going downstairs to start their mission. “Alright now Sehun you are cute and small so you will be in charge of getting the adults to let you pour the milk but when you pour it add as much salt as you can” Baekhyun said and Sehun gave him the thumbs up. “Alright now that’s only phase one, for phase two  we will need Chen hyung” Chanyeol looked at Chen and Chen smirked “Alright what do you need me to do I can do anything” Chen stated confidently “you will be the distraction then ” Chanyeol said and was about to move on “What I wanted to do something cool or fun not be a distraction” Chen pouted “It’s alright I’ll help you out Chen besides being a distraction is important if we mess up then the mission fails” Xuimin said trying to cheer his friend up. “Yeah I guess you’re right baozi, alright I’m in so when do I need to distract them.” Chen asked and Chanyeol turned his attention to kai “You will distract the adults when Kai is putting the oil down on the floor near the sink” Chen and Xuimin nodded but Kai looked confused. “Why do I gotta put it there” Kai said “Because when santa tastes how nasty the milk and cookies are of course he will go to the kitchen to get some water and he will slip and fall. Santa’s supposed to be fat so when he falls the whole house will shake and wake us up and that’s when we run downstairs to get him.” Baekhyun finished explaining for Kai who now understood. “You know this is a pretty good plan”Xuimin added and the others in the room nodded. “Alright everyone meeting over let’s go play downstairs” Chanyeol said. Lay and kyungsoo were allowed to help make the cookies and when no one was watching kyungsoo dumped a lot of chili powder into the cookie batter and quickly stirred it up as lay hid the powder quickly. No one noticed and soon the cookies were baking in the oven and the two high fived each other and left the kitchen to join back up with their friends “Alright phase one complete” Kyungsoo said. The day slowly passed by and the parents were a bit surprised at how quiet the kids were being  the mothers were just happy for the silence but the dads new something was up and gathered up to talk about it. “What do you think is going on” Mr. Zhang asked “I’m sure it has something to do with Santa” Mr.Do said “Of course it does last year Sehun almost caught me putting presents under the tree” Mr.Park said “Don’t worry I came prepared I brought a Santa suit for who ever is going to put the gifts under the tree just in case the boys decide to try and catch santa.” Mr.Kim stated feeling proud of himself for thinking ahead of time. “Good Job taking one for the team” Mr.Park said and the others nodded making Mr.Kim raise an eyebrow. “Hold on I didn’t say I was gonna wear it I only brought it for someone else to wear” Mr. Kim stated and all the men looked at each other  before throwing out their fist and getting caught up in a long battle of rock paper scissors. “Hah congrats Park looks like you’ll be wearing the Santa suit” The other men laughed and Mr.Park grabbed the suit leaving out of the room grumbling about being unlucky. Later Sehun was able to pour the milk and add the salt when no one was paying attention and the boys were tucked into bed by their parents and kissed goodnight they all went to sleep except for Kai, Chen, and Xuimin.Kai tiptoed downstairs while Chen and Xuimin stood near the parents rooms feeling a bit relieved that they were staying inside the rooms unknown to them that they were actually wrapping presents up. Kia finished his job and quietly came back upstairs and the three boys returned to their rooms. The parents finally finished wrapping gifts and Mr.Park got into his suit and carried them down stairs carefully placing them under the tree and after a few more times of going up and down the stairs all the gifts were placed under the tree. “Well I guess one good thing comes out of all of this” Mr.Park said as he grabbed a cookie and ate it all in one go. “Mmm pre-” Mr.Park stopped talking and his eyes widen at the sudden burning sensation in his mouth and grabbed the milk taking two big gulps without thinking and soon regret that decision as all he could taste was the saltiness of the salt. “Who made this gosh this is terrible”Mr.Park thought to himself  as he ran into the kitchen going straight for the sink only to slip and land hard on his back. A loud noise resonated throughout the house as the boys were startled awake and were confused until they remembered the plan  they were all running downstairs and so were the parents. Kyungsoo’s eyes widened even more than everyone thought possible. “It’s him it’s really him I knew he was real.” Kyungsoo said making the boys cheer in victory as they were the first kids to ever catch santa. “What is going on down here” Mrs. Zhang asked “We caught Santa Clause” Kai said as “Santa” was rolling around in the floor in pain. “You boys are in big trouble for hurting Mr.P-Mr.Santa” Mrs.Kim corrected herself and the boys looked down a bit sad at what they realised they had done. “Now apologize and then go back upstairs understood” Mrs.Park says and the boys nodded and turned to “Santa” all of them bowed and said sorry after being forgiven they went up to their rooms. “Well at least we caught him” Sehun said “Yeah he was a lot Skinnier than I thought” They all agreed to Lay’s statement. “Well The presents are still there and we said sorry so there is only one thing to do” Baekhyun said with a smirk. “Yeah what’s that” Chen asked “Catch the tooth fairy,,”

 
 

FIN  

 

Author’s note: Well yes that did happen lol and for anyone who is reading my other fic don’t worry I will be updating soon most likely after this upcoming week because this upcoming week is finals week and after that winter break. AKA: Updating time. So stay tuned and thank you all for reading :D