ONE

oh happy day

September 23rd of every year is just an ordinary day for some, but for those concerned it is an special day. It is Kim Ki Bum's birthday. The Almighty Key's natal day. 

Every year, the said event is celebrated differently, depending on who the organizer is. Yes, his SHINee members are the ones who organize his birthday because he is special && sassy like that-- more like he threatened them that he won't cook them delicious breakfast anymore. Everytime his birthday ends, he picks a name on his fish bowl on who will organize his birthday for the next year.

It was Jinki's turn this year. Kibum is so excited on what the old man has instore for him and how would the leader win over the events his dongsaengs organized.

Jonghyun was the first victim, 4 years ago. He organized a pool party, invited all of Kibum's friends to either drown themselves underwater or drown under the influence of alcohol. Kibum was so wasted that year.

The next year, it was Minho's turn. He organized an event very opposite of what Jjong's party was. He organized a charity visit. They celebrated it with playing and feeding children in an orphanage for the whole day. It was tiring yet, Kibum was so fulfilled that year.

Though SHINee aren't living in the same dorm anymore, they still continued the annual ritual since they've been doing it for two years already and okay, Jonghyun whining about it being "unfair" is so tiring for their ears. So, the next organizer was...

Taemin, holding the maknae's title, prepared a... well, a children's party. All invitees are required to dress up like children, cute and colorful. They played various parlor games and ate lots of candies. It was fun and Kibum enjoyed it so much like he had gone back to his carefree youthful days.

Fast forward to this year, a month before the event, they are on their vacation. They just ended their Japan tour and is now on break. Jinki has a lot of time to prepare, well that's what Kibum thought.

Jinki, on the other hand, is always on the gym. Even the fans notice how his body is getting buffer and built. Fans says he's getting ready for the comeback, but Kibum says he's getting ready for his birthday (which is partly true).

The old man goes to the gym because he needed time to think on how to celebrate Kibum's birthday. He likes to think in the gym, since gyms are quiet. Well, it was quiet before Kibum suddenly popped out one day running on the threadmill beside his.

"So how's planning old man?"

"Kibum??"

Kibum smiles brightly "I just dropped by to remind you about my birthday."

"Oh, I am still thinking about it" Jinki said simply, but deeply, he was relieved that Kibum just dropped by,

Or not, because on the next day and the next and the next which is in short, everyday--- Kibum was always there, dropping by for the whole 3-hour session.

He keeps giving Jinki suggestions, more like hints, on how he wanted his birthday to be celebrated.

"A trip to Europe would be wonderful" Kibum blurted out one day while they are weightlifting.

Jinki almost hit his feet when he suddenly dropped the weights on the floor.

"I was kidding, Jinki! What the hell! Are you okay??" Kibum panicked, he immediately checked Jinki 's whole body if he was all right

Jinki, on the other hand, is seriously shocked, either by Kibum's suggestion or by the weights on the floor, or because Kibum's face is now so close to his face, the younger's soft hands holding his cheeks.

"Ki...bum" Jinki's cracks. Kibum is so beautiful. Jinki gulps.

Kibum noticed that Jinki is blushing and tensed. Kibum smirked, and planted a peck on the older man's lips and ran away to the locker room as fast as the wind.

Jinki was left standing there, his mind cannot process how fast the things have happened. From the sudden Europe trip to Kiss real quick.