Mihane, Saranghae

LEAST EXPECTED LOVE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*when i was writing about ChangWook in this chapter, this songs keeps repeating in my head. Coincidently, this is one of ChangWook's fav song and he even sang it in his concert. I was imagining him singing this wholeheaterdly waiting for Yoona*

 

 

Once again ChangWook arrived late at work. It has been 3 times that week alone and it is not even Friday yet. His manager understabds the probelem he is facing now but still it is not a good behaviour to present to his other colleagues. Worried of his work discipline he called him in. 

"I know you are having a hard time at home now and I fully understand that but it has been 3 times you're late this week and if I count since last month it maybe close to 15 times you came late." his manager point out the issue about his dropping work etiquette. 

ChangWook drop his head down and nods. He know it is his fault. He failed in time management miserably and he cannot make anymore excuses. "I am so sorry manager-nim." that's all he can say.

"i advice you take absent without pay. Take it for a month first. Get some rest. Work out on your schedule. Try to settle your problems. It makes no point if you come to work but your work quality drop. I pity you but business is business." he continues.

Changwook feels bad and embarassed too that he can't look up to his manager. 

"I will give you one month break without pay. Please hand over your work to your team mates and I hope you can settle your problems. This is all I can do for you." his manager pats his shoulder before dismissing him. 

When he gets back to his place, he start to do handover notes of his current work to his colleagues. his manager is right, he can't let the team's work goes down just because of his personal problem at home. It has been almost 2 months since Yoona left home and life has been a struggle for him. He needs to juggle work, taking care of Inha, looking after the cafe and searching for Yoona at the same time. This break is much needed. He needs to focus on finding his wife and how to juggle with his current status especially. He is still lucky still because he his close friends are willing to help even his neighbours. Bogum and his mom help to look after the cafe during the day since Bogum has a little experience working part time at a cafe he know the basics of managing and his mom is such a great help as she can cooks most of the menu in the cafe. In the evening, HaNeul and JiWon will take over from them and run it together with him until closing time. Bora still help to babysit InHa at night and ChangWook is outstation or out to find Yoona on weekends, he will sent InHa to ChaeWon and JoongKi's. They have been a good support system for him for these past 2 months and he is beyond grateful to them. Even it is hardwork, but he needs to keep the cafe at the very least. That is Yoona's heart and soul, something she work very hard to achieve and he can't let it run out of business even when she wasn't around. Not only that, that place too holds many memories of them. It's the first place where they had their first kiss and the place where they usually had their quiet dates after long days at work before going home. It's their place. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Yoona just came back from her monthly check up at the clinic at the town with Mrs Kim. She has been taking a very good care of her for this past 2 months moreover when they found out she is pregnant. Yoona feels so much gratitude towards her and her husband.  She is in her 12 weeks now and just enter her second trimester. Her baby is healthy and is growing well. Only Yoona need to take care of her health more as the doctor said her blood pressure is slightly high even at the early stage of pregnancy. She was advised to eat healthily and do not stress herself as it will cause her blood pressure to raise and it is dangerous for pregnant woman. 

"You listen what the doctor said just now right? You need to eat well and healthy. I will cook a lot of nutricious meal for you from now on. Don't refuse to eat like before." Mrs Kim hold her hand and determine to take care of her diet. 

"It is not I do not want to et eomonim, but I do not have an appetite and I would throw up everytime I eat. Is it always like this?" Yoona is having a bad morning sickness. She lost her appetite and she hardly can eat anything. She also would vomit everytme he eats or she smell something unpleasant. Most of the time, she only drink milk to get some energy. 

"It's normal to have morning sickness at the earlier months but it will soon go away when the baby grows.Even so, you still need to eat to keep being healthy, arasso." 

"Nae, eomoni." she replied obediently. 

"Tell me what do you want to eat today, we can go to the supermarket and buy the ingredients and I will cook it for you. Tell me." 

"I have something that i really craving for but it's quite expensive." she hesitate to tell the older woman but the later assures her again to just tell what she wants and she will cook it for her. 

"Seasoned blue crab stew. I can pay for the crab eomoni. I have some money."

"Gwenchana. Save your money for the baby. I'll buy you the crab and promise me you will eat it ok? Aigoo this little one wants to have crab. Halmeoni will mad it for you." she lower her head and talk towards Yoona's belly while rubbing it. 

Yoona smile at Mrs Kim which she has comfortably called eomoni now and head towards the market to buy crabs. She already is excited thinking about the crab stew. 

"It must be your lucky day, Yoona ya. There are alot of big an full of flesh crabs today and it is not that expensive. I can buy more for you." Mrs Kim bought few pieces of crabs and some other ingredients for cooking before they take a taxi to go home. Yoona just want to take a bus but the elder insist to take a taxi as she doesn't want to tire the pregnant lady. 

When they reach home, Mrs Kim straightaway gets into the kitchen to cook. Yoona wants to help but she asked her to rest instead. So she just watch from afar and gets the table ready when it almost done. 

"It's done. Come let's eat." Mrs Kim said as she put a pot of crab stew on the table. She had prepared a few more banchans to go with the stew as well and of course 2 bowl of rice one for her, one for Yoona. "Mashike meogo."

"I will eat well." she digs in the food in no time. "Mmmm...it's nice eomoni. Really delicious." Surprisingly she regain her appetite and she finish her first bowl of rice very fast. 

"Your baby must love crab stew so much." 

"Nae, just like the father." Yoona said subconciously. When she realized what she just utter, she reminded of ChangWook and how much her husband love crab stew and she always made it for him. It's a lie if she said she never miss him. She does miss him, a lot.

Seeing her face change, Mrs Kim know that Yoona is thinking about him. The baby's father. Eventhough she didn't talk much about the guy but Mrs Kim know Yoona still love him and miss him everyday. She just hope that one day the young lady in front of her will go back to him before the baby comes. Do not want to make her lost her appetite again, Mrs Kim change the subject. "Just tell me what do you want to eat from now on and I will cook for you. Surely you must have some cravings. Name it and i'll do it."

"Komawo, eomonim. My baby is happy today gets to eat this crab stew. Can you save some for dinner later." she said as she is finishing her second bowl of rice. 

"Arasso. I'll save some for dinner. Halmeoni will keep the crab ok, baby." she talk towards Yoona tummy again and Yoona just smiles happily. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every other day, ChangWook will come and pick up InHa at JoongKi and ChaeWon's house a little bit early because he knew Yoona will call InHa around 6pm. She is using payphone so it is hard to track where she is. ChangWook will listen to the phone call quietly from a corner like a statue. He knew Yoona doesn't want to talk to him still but he just wants to hear her voice and make sure she is ok. From her phone calls, he knew that she is staying with a middle age couple and is well taken care of. Her voice seems cheerful lately which is a relief for ChangWook. It means she is not sad anymore. The new place she is in now must be a good place for her to release her stress and not thinking about her problem. As usual, at 6pm sharp a phone rings inside ChaeWon's house. She pick it up after few ring tone and put it on loud speaker. 

"Yeoboseyo, eonnie. It's me. Is InHa there" a familiar voice can be heard from the other line. 

"Yes, she is here with me. InHa ya, eomma call." InHa ran towards ChaeWon when she heard her eomma is calling. The little girl run towards the ChaeWon and sit next to her. 

"Eomma~~~ annyeong." the little girl starts the conversation with her mom. 

"Annyeong InHa.. how are you doing baby? Are you being good to ChaeWon imo? and JoongKi samchon?"

"Eung.." the little girl nods as if her mom can see. 

"Are you being good to appa too?" 

"Nae~~~" 

Yoona chuckles at InHa cute answer. "Good girl. Don't be naughty to appa ok baby. To imo and samchon as well. Eonni, i hope InHa didn't trouble you so much. " 

"She is an easy baby to take care of. Don't worry. Actually Joongki oppa take care of her more than myself. What about you Yoona, are you ok over there?" ChaeWon ask in concern. Actually she is asking on someone behalf. 

"I am good. Eomoni and abeoji takes care of me well. Mmmm...eonnie....how is ChangWook oppa doing? Is he ok?" there's a sadness at the end of her tone. 

"Do you think he is ok? Life is hard for him Yoona. I told you right he is trying his best to juggle with everything. He is coping and trying really really hard." silence fill at the other line. "Don't you want to come back?" ChaeWon ask again.

"I am afraid eonnie. What if.. what if he still misunderstood me? I can't stand him having trust issues with me." 

"I think he realized his mistake and he really want to ask for your for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter