oo1 Fate

Singed with Fire
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jungkook eyed his phone that had kept on vibrating in his pocket for the past five minutes. He’s been ignoring it because he was sure the sender was just going to bug him about how his soulmate was the most handsome thing on earth or something similar along those lines, and of course, the fact that it was cold as hell and he didn’t want to be freezing his hands for the sake of pushing his best friend away with just a simple text.

He decided to enter the door of the closest cafe and sat down as a waitress came by to take his order of a sweetened, warm americano. When she left, Jungkook pulled his phone out and saw that his best friend had at least left fifteen voicemails and thirty messages…

And it was still going.

Jungkook watched his message notification go up and has basically had enough. He keys in his password and decides to call the most annoying person on earth, who also happened to be his best friend.

“Can you please get over it Tae?” he scolds as soon as he hears his call being received.

The person on the line laughs. “I’ll never get over it Kookie.” he answers. “I’ve been waiting all my life, and I would never be able to get over it.”

“That’s just you,” Jungkook whines. “Don’t involve me with your happiness.”

“Of course I’d want to share my happiness with my best friend.”

“Well, I don’t want any of it.”
“You’re still getting some Kookie.”
“Don’t call me Kookie.”
“I’ll share my happiness then.”

Jungkook sighs, not knowing what to do anymore. “You’re incorrigible.”

“You still love me anyway.” Taehyung replies, and Jungkook hears a voice from somewhere behind Taehyung that said 'You’re cheating on me already Tae? ’ Jungkook hears his best friend laugh. ‘Of course not, hyung.’ he says. ‘It’s Kookie.' there was a laugh. ‘I know. He's the only other person I know of that would be able to stand you.’ another laugh from Taehyung. ‘That’s why you two love me.’

To be quite honest, Jungkook would be lying to himself if he said he wasn’t jealous of what Taehyung and his soulmate had.

It’s been a while since his last relationship, but they had all been flings or one night stands as he found them, be it male or female lovers, looking for their soulmates.

But the sad thing was, Jungkook didn’t believe in superstitious things like soulmates. They were a bunch of bollock ideas implanted in people’s brains that would let people long for an individual that would have probably not even existed.

From what he’s heard so far, there is a certain sign that would come out if one has found their soulmate. A brief encounter would do for the sign to come out.

Taehyung’s had been a tattoo of an Arbutus flower that had appeared on his left shoulder blade. Jungkook had told his best friend about it during that one time they took their shirts off after running in the middle of the pouring rain when they got to Jungkook’s apartment that one night a few weeks ago.

When he told Taehyung about it, his best friend seemed to have had an idea who it had been already.

Two months ago, when Jungkook and Taehyung had visited Taehyung’s older brother, Seokjin, or Jin, he had a friend over, one Min Yoongi. Prior to that, the Arbutus flower had not been under their radar, but it had appeared after meeting Yoongi, though they didn’t know of the tattoo appearing as it had been somewhere that no one really looked at.

Once they found out about the flower, they had contacted Jin, who was luckily with Yoongi at the time of the call.

Yoongi, too, had apparently gotten the same Arbutus flower tattoo engraved on him, though it had appeared on his pelvis.

Since then, Taehyung and Yoongi had been attached to the hip, heck, he’s barely hung out with his best friend the past week, and before the two were official, it was Jungkook and Taehyung who were attached to the hip.

“I’m hanging up.” he breathes out.

“Wait, Kookie!” Jungkook sighs and puts the receiver against his ear again.

Please log in to read the full chapter