four.

falling for the dove.

 

 

Haeun waited patiently in front of the detention room. She quietly tapped the floor with her shoes, counting the time. She looked around, there was no one at that time. 

 

Her eyes wandered inside the class. Haeun could see Taehyung doing his punishment. A few minutes later, the bell rang. Haeun stood up and held her school bag tightly.

 

Taehyung happily went out of the class after he saw a glimpse of Haeun outside the class. "You waited?" The girl just simply nodded, not really care.

 

"Let's go." Taehyung followed her from behind. Later, they walked next to each other and talked without noticing the surrounding.

 

The girl even failed to notice her brother's car not far from the school entrance. 

 

As they entered the cafe, they quickly ordered, not to waste time. "What do you want?" He asked. Haeun looked at her side, "Why? Are you going to pay it for me?" She smirked.

 

"Em, since you decided to help me, so I should at least do something for you right?" He rubbed his back neck, shyly. "I would love to have Banana smoothie."

 

"One Banana smoothie, one ice coffee." Taehyung ordered.

 

They took a seat at the corner of the cafe. Both stayed silent while sipping their drink, looking around. But then the silence broke when Haeun asked him a question.

 

"Why do you hate Banryu so much?" Taehyung scoffed, "I thought you said we were going to discuss about our mission." Haeun stared at him, "Really? With that attitude of yours? Do you really think Sejeong will accept someone with that attitude? Think again."

 

"Then, let's just stop this." Taehyung glared at her. "You give up too easily." Haeun chuckled. "There must be a reason why you hate Banryu so much." 

 

He kept quiet for a while, looking outside the cafe. "Naah, just for fun. I love seeing him suffer." His face turned from angry to a creepy smile.

 

But Haeun knew, that wasn't the truth. Still, she just let it slide off. "Stop it. I know it's not my problem but it annoys me, really. If you could change your attitude and try to be nice, maybe our mission could work."

 

The boy stared at her for some few seconds and agreed . "Alright, I will try." 

 

"Hey, why don't you get expelled? You've caused a lot of trouble." Haeun smirked. "Another trouble, then I will get expelled."

 

Haeun let out a sigh and muttered under her breath, "I wonder what will happen to Banryu after this.." The boy turned to look at her, "Did you say something?" She quickly shook her head while fishing out some notes from her school bag.

 

"Here, this may help you to get to know Sejeong." She said."How did you fall for her? Did you guys even know each other?"

 

He nodded, smiling. "We know each other only as schoolmates, I guess. Actually it all started when  I was playing football with my friends. One of them passed the ball way too far until it came towards Sejeong and that bear looking girl. I guess you weren't there, right? Luckily it didn't hit Sejeong."

 

 

"The bear lookng girl you are talking about is Seulgi our classmate, stupid! And you do realize that's just slight crush, right? It's not like I want to disappoint you or what, but that's not love."

 

Taehyung was dumbfounded, "What's the different anyway?" Haeun thought for a while then answered, "For me, crush is just like a simple feeling you have for someone. You don't really mind having others to like them too, you don't really think about them all day.

 

"Moreover, you only think about them when you see them like Oh, that's my crush! but that's all and you get on with your daily life again. You don't really boost about them to others. You will just say like Ah, my crush is so good-looking. You even share your silly feeling with your friends and spazz over it. What can I summon in crush is it's actually a stupid immature feeling that will only last for three or four months.

 

"But love is different. Love makes you feel crazy. You think about them all day long, you feel like you want to get to know them deeply.The feelings are....complicated. It makes you feel messy but without knowing, you love it. Your heart beat fast not just when you see them, but when you think about them.

 

"You hate if you know your friends like them too, you don't want to share. Sometimes you don't even want to share your feelings about your love to your friends because there are so many things to say, but you still choose to just keep quiet. You love it having butterflies on your stomach, the sudden blushing cheeks and ears whenever you see a glimpse of them.

 

"Whatever things you do, you will think about them. Like you will think if they like it if you wear this outfit or that outfit but in reality you are just going to a family gathering that will never involve them...maybe just not yet. It's stupid, yet an mature feeling."

 

Haeun smiled, "For me that's what love is." He cleared his throat, "So you're saying that I'm actually just like her as a crush?" She nodded. "Honestly speaking, I am both of it. Crush and love. I don't know if I really or not really like her. I don't think about her everyday but whenever I see her, my ears redden and I feel like I was drunk. Drunk in love. Whatever it is, I still want her to be mine."

 

Now, it was Haeun's turn to get confused. "That's weird.. But I will still try to help although I have like 80% feeling it's not going to work."

 

 The boy in front of her chuckled, "I found it's funny when Jungkook said you never fall in love yet know everything about it. How did you learn that?"

 

"K-Dramas and K-Fanfics."

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"I told you, you don't have to walk me home!" Haeun whined. Too bad, they were already in front of her house. "Wow, your house is so big..ay how can I just let a girl walk by herself beside it's already 7pm. It's dangerous to walk alone at this time."

 

Taehyung's words just made her whined even louder. Haeun took a quick look from outside her house. She got panicked when she saw the light in her brother's room has been switched on.

 

"Yah! My brother's home. You better leave now!!" She pushed him slowly, making him laughed. "I know, I know. Bye Haeunnie~" He sang.

 

Haeun sighed, "Go home safely." The boy just nodded without looking at her and took a few steps away from her. Suddenly his steps stopped when he heard her calling him.

 

"Thanks for today." She smiled. Taehyung just waved his hand while smiling before turner around and started walking again. "Hm, quite pretty.." He mumbled.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Another day without Banryu feels a bit weird.." Seulgi sighed. "Yeah, we used to have him answering all the questions given by any teachers." Haeun said, putting her face on the desk. 

 

"Oh Mr. Jung is here." Seulgi quickly turned around from facing Haeun. Ah..it was art subject. One of the subject she hated the most.

 

Their class president then stood up and asked others to stand up too. "Attention, Bow." Mr Jung was their art teacher and was very strict. The reason Haeun hated art was because she never good at this. Unlike her bestfriend who was sitting in front of her, Seulgi who was known as Artist Kang.

 

"Alright, today I have a task for you to do. But you have to do it in pair and I will pair you up." He said while looking through the names.

 

"Oh Haeun and Park Banry--" "But sir, he is absent." Haeun quickly cut Mr Jung's word. The old man stared at her boringly, "So it seems like you have to do it alone."

 

Haeun was panicked, "What? You know I'm not good at art." She was about to continue when the class door was opened. Without even knocking or saying sorry, Taehyung just walked in casually making others looked at him.

 

"Oh, yah Taehyung! We're partners as usual!" Jungkook from behind the class. "Cool!" Taehyung walked to his seat and was about to high-five with Jungkook when suddenly he heard Haeun said something.

 

"No, Taehyung is my partner." Seulgi turned around and narrowed her eyes. "Girl, you never talk to him. Why so sudden?" She whispered.

 

Haeun ignored her bestfriend, still looking at the confused Taehyung with her big-round eyes. "Choose me or not..." She mouthed, threatening him.

 

The boy understood the sign so he faked a cough, "Em, yeah my partner is Haeun." Jungkook's eyes widened. "Dude, you just went in and you don't even know her, don't you?"

 

Like Haeun, he chose to just ignore his bestfriend. "Whatever, now sit with your partner." Mr Jung instructed. Taehyung pulled a chair and sat beside Haeun.

 

"Don't get me wrong. We can work on the mission too, well actually I'm not really good at art." Haeun said while glaring silently at Seulgi. 

 

"Well then, you chose the wrong partner." Taehyung said casually, while showing off his drawings on his sketchbook. Haeun widened her eyes, "Gosh..I thought you were good at art."

 

*Damn, Mr Jung. He really put Seulgi with another artist in our class, Yura.* She thought to herself.

 

They need to make an art about a colour and something meaningful behind the art. They were given two weeks to complete the task.

 

The rest of the classes went like usual except for Seulgi kept on bugging her to talk about Taehyung. "It's nothing, okay? Gotta have a new mission." Seulgi chuckled, finally understand Haeun's answer.

 

"Uuu, the dove gotta shine again."

 

Meanwhile, Jungkook was still confused with what happened between Haeun and Taehhyung. "So, what you're saying right now is you really talked to her.." The latter just nodded nonchalantly.

 

"Wow, you really asked for a help from the dove.."

 

"Hey, why do everyone call her dove? She is not even graceful, though."

 

"Dude, you're so dumb."

 

 

 

"What do you mean you can't pick me up? Yah, oppa!" Haeun sighed madly when her brother decided to decline her calls."It's not like we never walk to your house." Taehyung smirked 

 

"Is it okay for you?" It's quite far actually." She unknowingly pouted. "That's okay, we can talk about our mission." He said, smiling.

 

Soon, they started walking. The walk to her house was a bit far. On the other day  felt near because they went to the cafe first.

 

"Did you study what I gave you about Sejeong?" She asked about the notes. A few seconds later come a small 'hmm' from the boy. "Actually there's nothing to say, just follow my instructions okay."

 

"What do you mean?" He asked back. "What I mean is we'll take this step by step. First, you have to get to know her. Try to talk to her a bit. Then, get closer with her. "

 

Taehyung suddenly laughed while nodding in a silly way. That wasn't what going on in his head because he actually had another plan.

 

After 20minutes of walking, they finally arrived. Just before Haeun opened the door, they could hear loud noise inside. She knew her brother wasn't alone. She slowly turned to look at Taehyung.

 

"Yah, just walk behind me. Don't say anything, okay?" Slowly, they opened the door and walked inside. To her surprise, the noise suddenly disappeared.

 

"Now, now. What do we have here?" Sehun said, pausing the game that he played with his friend. His little sister scoffed, "You are here all day long playing video game and chose to not pick me up?"

 

"I chose the right choice." He glared at Taehyung who was looking so nervous.

 

"Eh, is that your boyfriend Haeunnie?" Sehun's friend, Jongin asked. "No--" Just as she was about to asnwer, her brother cut her words.

 

"Do you want to get mad at me first or do you want me to get mad at you first?" He stared at the two figures in front of him, more likely at the boy beside his little sister.

 

Taehyung moved forward and bowed, "Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Kim Taehyung. I'm Haeun's partner in art project" A groan left Haeun's lips. "I told you not to talk right!"

 

"Oh, so you're here as my little sister's partner in art project and that's all right? Do your work here." This time, Kai groned. "You gotta be kidding man! We're playing a game here." He reasoned out.

 

Sehun glared at his friend. "Then let alone them together in a room? Dude, you're the one who gotta be kidding." Kai raised both of his hands, not wanting Sehun to be mad anymore.

 

"It's actually a part of our plan to do this in here. But I didn't know you were home since you didn't want to pick me up. And you, Jongin oppa. I thought you have a date with Soojung unnie today. You're so dead if I tell her."

 

Jongin suddenly looked paled, "No, Haeunnie. It wasn't like that." The girl shook her head and took her partner's hand before dragging him with her.

 

"Ah no no touching!" Sehun snapped, taking away Haeun with him. "You will be going to sit here." He placed Haeun on the floor. "And you," He pointed at Taehyung.

 

"Sit here." Sehun placed him in the opposite of Haeun's seat. "Jongin will be monitoring Haeun and I will be monitoring you so that it's easy for me to kick you if you dare to do something to my little sister."

 

Taehyung just shrugged it off. "Wow, so overprotective." He could hear Haeun muttered something under her breath. "--And annoying."

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Thanks for subscribing !