Make Sure That We're Remembered

Scream 'til the Words Dry Out
Please log in to read the full chapter

Please leave a comment... I've been feeling really down lately. Writing for people makes me feel better but I need actual comments to feel like I'm writing for SOMEBODY. It's been too quiet here lately.

 

TRIGGER WARNING: This chapter deals with a suicide.

 

 

It was the third day of my stay when I heard a commotion in the hallway as I laid in bed. There was screaming and banging. It couldn't have been later than 6 AM.

That was the only noise that was audible and therefore it was amplified a hundred times as it echoed through the hallway. I my bed and saw my roommates covering their ears with the blankets as if this happened often and was of no surprise.

There were hushed voices from the PS's and nurses but yelling from one of the kids.

"It's my fault, it's my fault!" the voice cried.

Wait a second.

"I made it happen! I was the reason!" the voice continued.

Seulgi?

I hopped out of bed and poked my head out the doorway. I noticed an overall mess; her hair was tousled, her nose and tears were running down her face, and her expression was the most pained I'd ever seen.

She banged her head against the wall, really hard. I flinched the first and second time, but my the third time I was already stepping out of my doorway and making my way toward her. The PS's were trying to restrain her without using excessive force and were struggling big time.

"Seulgi!" I exclaimed.

"Irene, you can't be out here right now," said Stanley as he tried to block Seulgi from my view.

"Seulgi, stop!" I exclaimed once again as I ran around him.

She paused midway from slamming her head against the wall again and whipped her head in my direction. Tears and snot were covering her soiled face and there were strands of hair stuck to her cheeks.

"Stop," I breathed. "Come here."

She ambled past the nurses along with the PS's and I held my arms out as she ran straight into them.

"It's my fault, it's my fault," Seulgi repeated.

"Shh, it's not your fault," I hushed her. I didn't know what she was talking about, however I knew that I wanted to calm her from her distress.

The adults among us stood and looked on for they didn't know what to do in a situation like this. We weren't allowed to touch and I knew it but it, they're gonna have to make an exception for this one time.

"Tell me what's wrong," I told her, worried.

Between sniffles and hiccups from crying, she managed to get out, "S-she k-killed herself."

"Who?" I asked quietly.

Please log in to read the full chapter