There's No Need to Be Ashamed

Scream 'til the Words Dry Out
Please log in to read the full chapter

Subbies make my heart warm. Comments make my heart warmer! (; ♥

 

 

"Would you like some Skittles?" offered a boy with a smooth voice. He outstretched his hand and I could see a few pieces of the candy in his palm.

It was snack time and we were all cramped in a tiny kitchen-themed room with a single refrigerator and sink. Day Room A.

"Ah, no thank you," I replied.

Dejected, the boy said, "Oh... I'm Mike, by the way."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Irene."

"Good to meet you as well," he said as he turned to leave to his table. He sat down next to a skinny, suspiciously Korean-looking girl and talked to her in a hushed voice, obviously not happy with the fact that his precious offer of Skittles was declined by me.

She looked up, saw me watching them, and immediately smiled, "Irene! You should come sit next to us." She patted the spot in front of her.

I looked at the people around me and noticed that they were all lost in their own conversations so I stood up slowly and made my way over to the two Skittle doofuses.

"I'm Seulgi, by the way!" Seulgi introduced herself a little too eagerly. Such a happy person had no business doing here. Why would she want to kill herself?

"Hi, Seulgi. Nice to meet you."

"I heard Oxygen and Potassium went on a date," said Seulgi.

Huh?

"It went... OK," said Seulgi, holding her thumb and forefinger together with outstretched fingers to make the "okay" symbol. She guffawed at her own joke and slapped her thigh.

"That's a knee slapper, I tell you," she said.

I felt the corners of my mouth curl and puffed a short laugh. Maybe the stay here won't be so bad.

"Oxygen then asked out Sodium on a date, but it said Na," she continued between breaths of laughter. Her face bunched into a delighted expression and she howled. "And then Hydrogen called Oxygen a HO!"

"She's not usually like this..." Mike revealed. "I don't know what's wrong with her. Defense mechanism, I guess."

"Ah, I see," I nodded slowly as I looked at the catastrophic girl in front of me who was lolling her head side to side as tears ran down her face from laughing too hard.

"This... This is why I'm in the loony bin," Seulgi expressed breathlessly. She wiped the corners of her eyes which were filled with tears.

"Would you like some popcorn?" Mike offered.

"Ah... no thank you. I'm fine," I said as politely as I could. As I said this, an exclamation shut up the room.

"YOU'RE TRIGGERING ME!" a loud voice yelled. It was Yori who had just entered the room with a scrawny Caucasian boy dressed in hospital gowns following her.

"Hear me out, Yori! The PS's will start noticing if you keep yelling like that," he rapidly said.

Yori plopped down on the chair next to mine and replied, "Maybe that's the point, Reagan!"

The boy, Reagan, pulled up a chair in front of Yori. He leaned as if what he was saying was top secret.

"

Please log in to read the full chapter