Chapter 7

Our Honeymoon Day

Hani: Seung Ri ah, omma cannot send you to school today because appa is sending. Is that okay?

 

Seung Ri: Ne!

 

Hani: There, appa has come. You should go right now. Take care. I'll pick you up after school.

 

Hani walked up to the stairs and dress to go to the supermarket. The groceries had nearly finished and she wanted to make another dish which needed some food from the supermarket. Hani walked slowly towards the market which is at the opposite site of her house. After an hour of checking, she bought the foods and went to jaywalk across the street. Hani wasn't looking at the street and there was a car driving on her direction.

 

Hye Ra: So long, Mrs Baek!

 

Hye Ra press her pedal and sped off towards Hani. Hani didn't have time to react and she was knocked over. She was bleeding badly and many passerby came to the rescue. They stopped Hye Ra from speeding off.

 

Hani: If I die, I make sure I'll haunt you every night in your sleep! I make sure to be a guardian angel to Seung Jo and Seung Ri until they die. I'll curse you from now on!!

 

Hani spluttered black blood by the time the ambulance came. She is confirmed dead with her babies. Seung Ri and Seung Jo cried in the third night.

 

Seung Ri: Appa! Wae omma is not with us? She cannot leave me. But I'm grateful cos I have you. I always feel this present of omma when she's here. Appa, nado saranghae!

 

Seung Jo could only hug his son. He decided to clean up Hani's clothes and he will keep it forever. When cleaning, Seung Jo found Hani's diary. It was filled up with memories of Hani and Seung Jo together.


"I want this diary to be read by him, my lovely husband, Baek Seung Jo.
       Dear Seung Jo,
I know you're crying very hard. To overcome the sudden of my death and to overcome the living with Seung Ri. That's the reason why I put him in a play group. He could make friends and forget about his dead mom and his dad. I could only say I'm sorry. I've become a nuisance to your life by the sudden marriage. If you flip through over later on, you'll find our memories. OUR. I'm happy to be your wife for this 3~4 years. I'm happy that I can make you smile though you are the cold man in the hospital. You're a great father and husband and I want Seung Ri to inherit it from you. I hope you keep me in your heart forever and have a new life. You know what I mean right? Seung Ri needs a mom and don't feel peer pressure. People will need how to heal through time. Even if it takes your whole life. I need someone to replace me and I'm just your guardian angel. Watching and protecting you from danger, and Seung Ri too. I want to talk about how you are to me. I need to. And mostly, I feel to talk how you are to me because I love you. I'm always here for you. The places we have been together, replace them. I love you my dear husband and take care of you and Seung Ri.

P.S I want to know how you feel by writing to me too! Just burn that paper and put it on top of my grave. If I could read it, I would. 27/9/2009.

Sincerely,
from your Guardian Angel, Baek Hani."

Seung Jo: Nado, nado saranghae!!