Un Changement De Rythme

Chassé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3:. Un Changement De Rythme

((from now on i will be using chittaphon's nickname as his name in the fic!))

The ballet instructor briefly stuck his tongue out before continuing, "First I want his name, age, and occupation."

"Johnny, 25, college english professor." Ten bit his lip as he admitted the details.

"Oh. Oh my god so that's who you mentioned earlier! How long have you known each other? Are you guys official? How did you meet?” Taeyong paused, "What the hell dude, I feel so out of loop."

The thai was currently cringing at the tone of Taeyong's voice and it was visible that he was regretting his decision to withhold information. Shame on him. He deserved the guilt.

At least that's what Taeyong really wanted to think but he couldn't. Not with the expression that was beginning to appear on his friend's face.

"I'm sorry Tae but I was just...so caught up and I wasn't sure it was like ya' know...a thing I was gonna be able to hold onto."

Well, Taeyong could understand. Yeah, his best friend was attractive and talented; there were so many positive aspects about himself that even he acknowledged, however, that didn't mean that the male was invincible.

"Alright, alright....okay. I get it but still, Ten I'm your friend and if you're...worried about this sort of stuff then talk about it with me."

Their relationship was great, Ten and Taeyong just clicked. They were like two peas in a pod, sort of; they had their own differences. Their main issue laid in the fact that when it came to speaking about certain emotions, they didn't do so well.

"I realize I'm not the poster boy for relationship advice, I'd say that's you to be honest, but when you have issues I want you to talk to me about them..." Taeyong murmured softly, fiddling with the blanket in his lap.

He knew without looking that Ten was staring at him, causing his cheeks to flush a soft shade of red.

"Thank you, Taeyong." his friend smiled at him and then reached over to ruffle his hair.

Taeyong batted his hand away and started to chuckle. His friend took that as an opportunity to tackle him onto the couch and begin tickling him back, "Revenge!" The male shouted.

The ballet instructor wreathed helplessly, squealing and grunting until suddenly the other stopped.

"I'm glad you're my best friend." He heard Ten mutter before adjusting his posture and sitting up beside the brunet.

Taeyong gasped for air before tilting his head in the direction of the other male with a small smile on his face, "Tell me about this Johnny guy before I start my own investigation and believe me, you don't want that to happen!"

Taeyong's threats seemed empty because because of the other's tendency to radiate kindness but Ten had learned the hard way in the past and he wasn't planning on suffering once again.

"Okay well you gotta tell me what you wanna know first!"

"First you need to know that if this guy isn't up to my standards then he can't date you." Taeyong straightened his back and crossed his arms over his chest. The posture affected Ten only slightly but Taeyong was absolutely serious.

"Yeah, yeah I know." Ten resisted the urge to roll his eyes.

Ultimately Taeyong just wanted him safe and in a relationship he was happy in so he couldn't say no to him.

The thing was....Ten was so unbelievably happy with Johnny, he felt warm and loved and cherished...he could go on.

"Okay-"

Taeyong's voice snapped him out of his thoughts. "I want to know how you guys met."

"Okay uhm...where should I start?" Ten seemed to be having some sort of internal crisis about how to explain this to Taeyong.

"Just start from the beginning, day one!"

"Okay that's easier I can do that! So do you remember that day you couldn't come to class because you were sick so you had to cancel?"

"Yeah, that was..." Taeyong looked off to the side and bit his lip, "ah, last month right?" His gaze focused back on the thai.

"Yeah, like a few weeks ago. So Mark showed up because he wanted to talk to us about how things were going with college and Donghyuk, but you weren't there so it was just me and Sicheng that day. Well Mark walked in with some guy that we didn't know and it turns out the guy was a professor at Mark and Donghyuk's college-"

"What? Then why the hell was he with Mark? Mark isn't even 20 yet!" Taeyong looked ready to grab his phone and lecture Mark then find that professor and hunt him down. Ten smacked his leg.

"Tae listen to me! Let me finish before you start something without understanding! Mark will freak if you attack him like that." Ten sighed and shook his head, "Anyway, as it turns out the guy was Mark's childhood friend and they grew up together and so Mark was surprised to find out he taught at his college."

Taeyong's brows shot up, "What a crazy coincidence."

"Mhm," Ten nodded. He started poking at his friends slacks before continuing, "and so that was Johnny. Sicheng got really into conversation with Mark so me and Johnny started talking about stuff and we sort of...flirted a little bit."

Taeyong was (very poorly) withholding a snicker.

Ten smacked him again. That had Tae pulling back and mouthing a soft 'ow'

Ten continued on with his story, "And I found out that Johnny came with Mark to the studio because he was thinking of picking up an activity on the side since he'd fallen out of just going to the gym. Cause teaching takes up an awful lot of time but he wants to stay fit and attending the gym and having the same schedule was boring to him and so that was actually perfect right and by the way while he talked he smiled and his smile was really nice and his eyes-"

"Ten, Ten!" Taeyong snapped his fingers in front of the other's face, "Earth to Ten, come back to Earth. Who will interfere with parents trying to chat me up if you don't come back?"

Ten huffed and grabbed his hand, "I heard you the first time! Also i'll let you suffer from the cougars if you do that again- but I know I was ranting..." the male admitted with a look of defeat.

"This guy really makes you weak, huh?"

"I-No! He....no?" The thai sputtered.

Taeyong cocked an eyebrow. The black haired male slumped forward, "Okay, yea. Anyway...I took the opportunity and told him to join my modern dance class and that he just pays the fee and he can show up to classes when he's able to."

Taeyong's jaw dropped and soon he began to break down into small bursts and fits of laughter. "Dude you...you're totally into him."

"Thanks captain obvious."

The older's laughter cut off, "I still haven't declared him worthy of you though; Mark's childhood friend or not."

"Totally couldn't figure that out even though we've been friends for years." The thai snorted.

"Yah! Don't get fresh with me, mister." Taeyong shook his finger at the other with an air of playful disapproval.

Ten lunged forward and grasped Taeyong's hand, pulling it down and allowing himself to fall back into his original position, "Enough about me and Johnny! Tell me more about this chef; Jung Yoonoh was it? You think he's cute don't you?"

Taeyong had withdrawn his hand in order to pick up his cup of tea unfortunately while he was trying to take a leisurely sip he coughed. Then sputtered and choked and stated at Ten with tea dribbling down his chin.

The raven haired boy stared at him, mouth open and eyes wide. "Whoops." He quickly reached over and wiped the tea off his friend's chin with his sleeve. Normally he would NEVER use his shirt for that but he wanted to live for one more day.

"I never said anything about his looks or a-anything and don't try to set me up again!" the older's cheeks were flushed but his eyes told Ten that his determination was for another time and another place.

"Mmkay...whatever you say..." he wouldn't let the subject go that easily. Putting it on hold couldn't hurt though.

Taeyong continued to frown at his friend, eyes narrowed at him slightly. Normally Ten would retaliate in someway if not another so he had to pay close attention.

Ten could tell that Taeyong was currently in fight and flight mode which meant bad news if he made the wrong decision.

Naturally he went the safe route.

"Wanna order some chicken?"

Taeyong, though he'd eaten not long ago, absolutely wouldn't deny the offer of food. "You're paying." he declared as he pushed off the couch and made a beeline for Ten's well lit kitchen.

The thai had a drawer where he kept menus that appeared in his apartment "seemingly out of nowhere" (at least that's what he thought). After reaching in Taeyong quickly withdrew the correct menu and returned to the other's side.

The expression on his friend's face was without doubt one of mourning. Taeyong scoffed, "Listen, you suggested it AND ruined my night so don't make me seem like the bad guy. Besides you got your paycheck like last week."

They received them on the same day so Ten couldn't avoid him! He'd sniff out every little white lie and fake act.

The older clicked his tongue, leaned over the coffee table, and tossed the menu to his companion, "Just get the 20 piece, I won't eat that much."

Ten paused and suddenly glowed with gratefulness, "Thank you for having mercy on my pitiful wallet." he wiped a nonexistent tear.

Taeyong failed to conceal a chuckle so he waved him off and headed towards the Thai's bedroom.

"Next time you're buying me all the samgyeopsal I want!"

Ten felt a sense of dread and joy simultaneously. He quietly prayed for his wallet.

Meanwhile Taeyong pulled open the drawer where Ten stored his pajamas and grabbed the ones he normally wore while staying over.

He stayed over so damn often that they even discussed clearing a drawer for him. He rejected the idea specifically because Taeyong, knowing his friend so well, was certain the other would panic with the lack of wardrobe space.

As he'd said before, the guy had a major obsession with his fashion. A.K.A he had too much freaking clothing.

Scooping the PJ's up, he headed out of the room. Tae stripped his clothing off in the bathroom and  dressed himself with the red t-shirt and black sweat pants.

A few more moments were spent correctly folding his formal clothes and storing them safely.

"Taeyong! Come on! I Howl!"

"Howl's Moving Castle? , count me in, hold on!"

The brunet twisted the knob and shoved open the door, ran down the hall, and dove onto the suede couch.

"Begin." He whispered.

The other snorted and pushed play on the remote.

The rest of their night consisted of consuming way too much food, watching more Studio Ghibli movies (as they were Taeyong's favorite), and sharing stories about students in their classes.

The two boys also participated in a minor (read: major)  competition, whoever laughed first had to buy the other lunch.

...Taeyong lost.

He always did.

-----

After all was said and done, the two of them both on the verge of sleep, Ten stood abruptly and stretched his arms out.

Rubbing his eyes with a quiet yawn he leaned down and poked Taeyong's cheek. "Let's head to bed."

Taeyong jerked out of his limp position. For some odd reason the first thing that came to mind was a certain chef's smile accompanied by two deeply set dimples.

He shook his head to rid himself of those thoughts and kicked out his foot in the process, effectively hitting the coffee table and stubbing his toe.

Ten gasped while Taeyong yelped, hands wrapping around his poor toes holding them tightly, "Oh my god! !" He inhaled sharply and squeezed his eyes shut.

Ten stood by absolutely speechl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter