Jung Yoonoh

Chassé
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Two: Jung Yoonoh

 

Yoonoh mulled the name over in his mind. He liked the way it sounded coming out of Taeyong's mouth so he quietly said the name himself, "Lee Taeyong."

 

Taeyong stiffened at the sound of his name. For a moment he thought to himself about how much he would like to enjoy the other man speaking his name but as of now the atmosphere and the feeling in his stomach wouldn't allow it.

 

Taeyong had been looking forward to a night out with his friend but instead ended up utterly exhausted, anxious, and wanting to empty the contents of his stomach in the closest stall. He was unsure of why the chef still stood beside him and he was also unsure of why he was still currently in his seat.

 

He should have left.

 

Taeyong should have left while he still had a chance.

 

He should have done something dramatic like waste his drink by tossing it in Sungho's face and leaving.

 

Everyone knew that only happened in movies though.

 

He hunched over the table, chewing his lip with his front teeth and digging his nails into the palms of his hands.

 

The brunette had done so well, he hadn't had an anxiety attack in a long time. The last place he wanted to have one was a crowded restaurant during dinner rush while everyone stared at him.

 

He shakily dragged in a breath of air, squeezing his eyes shut and desperately grasping for something to ground him.

 

He felt pain in his palms from the way his fingernails dug into his skin and left crescent shaped marks.

 

It had become a bad habit of his in the past; every time he had these moments of suffocation and desperation, he would cling to the sensation. It was at least something.

 

It didn't work.

 

He clawed his way through the thoughts clouding his mind. Taeyong looked up from the plate in front of him and all he could think of were the gazes of customers on him and the movement of lips that no doubt generated gossip.

 

Whispers and judgements.

 

He whipped his head around to look at Yoonoh. His lips were moving but Taeyong heard nothing. His eyes were narrowed and concerned; Taeyong still could hear nothing.

 

He was slipping so quickly. Taeyong's grip on reality was slipping so quickly and he could not do a single thing.

 

There was pressure on his shoulders.

 

What?

 

This wasn't the type he created himself, there was actual pressure and warmth. Something or someone was squeezing his shoulders tightly.

 

When the brunette blinked he came to realize that it was none other than Jung Yoonoh.

 

"Are you alright? Taeyong?" He sounded concerned and the shorter male realized he could hear again. The words were still muffled to him and he felt like there was something in the man's tone that he was unable to comprehend.

 

Taeyong felt light headed.

 

Then Yoonoh was grabbing his wrist and pulling him out of his seat. Taeyong followed the other without saying anything, not able to fully decrypt the situation.

 

Everything was fuzzy to him. There was an increasing amount of  commotion around them as he was lead to the back of the restaurant and pulled through a door.

 

Everything was silent.

 

"Sit right here."

 

Taeyong sat.

 

It was moments later when he jolted forward and realized what had happened.

 

The room was no longer silent: the chattering of customers and the clanking of silverware returned to his ears from behind the door.

 

"Oh god, wow, I'm really sorry." He choked out, gaze shooting up to Yoonoh's face.

 

The dark haired male directed his gaze down at Taeyong. Yoonoh was leaning against the wall across from him, probably waiting for Taeyong come to his senses. He wasn't close enough to make the ballet instructor uncomfortable. The brunette glanced around for a second to survey his surroundings and realized it was the break room.

 

"You don't need to apologize, really. I think you've dealt with enough for one night-" he paused and bit his lower lip, "Well, actually I don't know because we just met but by the looks of it you weren't enjoying yourself. Sorry for butting in."

 

Taeyong was rather shocked.

 

This man had absolutely no business with him and yet he was concerned for Taeyong, worried even.

 

Why? Taeyong didn't mean to be cynical but people normally tried to keep their nose out of other people's lives. Except Chittaphon...but he was Thai so it didn't count. Maybe it was a culture thing.

 

Taeyong was truthfully at a loss. "Who are you?"

 

"I told you, I'm Jung Yoonoh."

 

"Yes but why did you help me and how did you know how?"

 

"Oh," Yoonoh seemed to think the question over in his mind, idly messing with the buttons on his white coat. He opened his mouth, closed it, and then shrugged his shoulders at the man. "Just cuz..."

 

Taeyong placed his hands on his knees and sat up straight in the chair, his feet planted firmly on the ground. The posture gave him a little more mental strength when he needed it.

 

Yoonoh stared at him blankly before sighing, "I overheard some pieces of your conversation and I was already unhappy with the way that guy was treating you and of course the employees here and what made me sure you weren't like him was that your plate was uhm...clean. So you probably liked the dish. Oh, also I have a friend who gets anxiety attacks too..."

 

Yoonoh was really analytical, wasn't he? If not then at the very least he was thorough.

 

"I did."

 

"What?"

 

The instructor coughed, "I did like the dish, a lot...it was good." He moved his teeth along his bottom lip. For some reason he was nervous and his stomach felt off. He didn't feel sick though. The feeling was different.

 

Yoonoh's expression shifted. Now there was a smile on his face, a really wide one that made two dimples on his cheeks far more apparent with a soft flush that spread across his cheeks. His eyes were gleaming and narrowed ever so slightly from the expression of genuine gratitude and happiness.

 

Taeyong was astonished.

 

His gaze stilled on the other male as he took time to study his features. Yoonoh's jaw was sharp and defined, slightly round but not much. He had prominent eye smiles that were perhaps a little more than cute.

 

His smile was...nice.

 

It was then that Taeyong realized he had probably been staring so he tore his gaze away and looked down at his lap.

 

Yoonoh, in his own way, felt drawn to Taeyong and couldn't bring himself to mind his own business. Not to mention that the rude man had been interrupting business and disturbing the peace. He wouldn’t stand to let anybody be treated that way if he could do something about it; it just wasn’t acceptable.

 

Most of all it was Taeyong's defensive posture and expression that had reeled Yoonoh in. He felt an abnormally strong desire to help him somehow.

 

While Taeyong's gaze was directed at his lap, Yoonoh took time to observe the male's frame. It was slender but he was obviously muscular with wide shoulders, not as much as his own but none the less. Taeyong had large brown eyes which had Yoonoh frankly tripping over himself and as the shorter male's teeth worked on his lower lip nervously, the chef wanted to ruffle his hair.

 

That would be inappropriate given that they’d only met moments ago.

 

His eyes followed the sharp line of Taeyong's jaw which was, without a doubt, sharper than his own.

 

It was funny how Taeyong's features battled each other; there were many softer things but many sharper and more distinguished features as well. Still, Yoonoh found the balance they created to be quite handsome.

 

He was really attractive. Wow.

 

But had he imagined Taeyong's own eyes staring at him? Was that just what he subconsciously wished to see or had it been real.

 

He'd met this man less than 20 minutes ago and the brunet was already dragging him in. That was pretty dangerous.

 

Finally, Taeyong lifted his head. When he noticed the other staring he felt even more self-conscious.

 

"Erm..."

 

Yoonoh tilted his head slightly and cocked his brows before stepping back and releasing a nervous laugh. "Sorry, I was lost in thought..."

 

"No worries..."

 

Now the situation was just awkward. Really awkward. He had to say something, "Do you know Nakamoto Yuta, Quian Kun, or Kim Donghyuk by any chance?" These were friends of his that he knew had been employed at Switch.

 

Yoonoh had to think of the names before nodding, "Yuta usually works the afternoon shifts, Donghyuk works the later shifts, and Kun jumps around but he tends to work early morning shifts. Donghyuk had off today to study for a college exam though. Ah, I usually work the later shifts because I tend to work dinner time but sometimes I come early and do Pastry work."

 

That was...certainly more information than Taeyong had asked for but it was information he would put to use for sure. Earlier he pointed out how thorough and analytical Yoonoh had been and there was no doubt he'd been right.

 

Normally you wouldn't be so familiar with people's shifts or life outside of work unless you cared to listen.

 

Yoonoh was the type to both listen and communicate. It was strangely comforting to the brunet.

 

He cracked a small smile and finally stood up from his seat.

 

"Those guys are all friends of mine. I intended to come here sooner but I've been busy lately and haven't gotten a chance." Taeyong was glad to know his friends worked at a reliable place.

 

"It's a shame your first time here was a really...uh...well, negative experience." Yoonoh frowned. In the ballet instructor's opinion, it wasn't totally bad.

 

"It wasn't all bad, I didn't have an anxiety attack in the middle of a restaurant because you knew what to do...." That sounded a lot more solid in his mind, huh. Well, damn. He covered his mouth with his fist and coughed, "Thank you for helping me out." He said quietly. It'd be nice if the other didn't notice how flustered he was.

 

That was wishful thinking on Taeyong's part.

 

A little too wishful...because his flushed cheeks were the thing that Yoonoh had been most focused on. He looked rather nice in the Chef’s eyes. But gosh, he really shouldn’t be staring.

 

Yoonoh soon was focused on the words the brunet just mumbled, he was actually glad he’d done something? Well, he didn’t want to brag or anything but he hoped the other would be grateful of his help; it was much better than being yelled at for intervening in business that had nothing to do with him. Believe it or not, it had certainly happened. Yoonoh smiled softly.

He then realized that perhaps Taeyong could use a small pick-me-up after the incident. The young chef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter