Bonus fight+ original End

Migraine

BONUS!

So hey, it’s me again, here there are the original ending to this fic + the short first fight between Chungha and Minkyeong. I didn’t want it to be really short and adding this up might help clear a couple of loose knots I had in the story, mainly something I realized after I published the story, and it was that Chungha should’ve had a gun herself but didn’t use it.

I’ve changed the focus of the storytelling for this part, instead of being in third person it’s done from Chungha’s POV. Ending, however, remains the same style. Enjoy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was the third cup of coffee I was having since Sejeong left.

After Nayoung straight up pushed my girlfriend to the floor things had gotten awkward. Sejeong smiled and said it was nothing but the atmosphere, that was perfectly fine before that fiend I call friend interrupted, turned kind of gloomy.

I couldn’t sleep, I know I wasn’t exactly on Nayoung’s shoes but everything had been taking a toll on me too. I always find myself thinking about ways to get out of this mess but everytime they end in either fleeing the country or with Nayoung and the other girl, Jieqwhatchamacallit, dead.

I looked at the wall clock that was on my kitchen, 11 p.m. Nayoung had been almost three hours inside the guest room, she is probably asleep right now. That or enjoying herself with the other girl, kind of like she was about to do UNTIL that demon interrupted.

Nayoung sure had a way to attract problems to her.

I got up to serve myself another cup of coffee when I heard a crash and that made me automatically hide behind my kitchen’s door. My hand went straight to my belt but I remembered I left my gun inside my room when I came home.

I peeked through it first and saw a masked thief dressed totally in black. And besides that it seemed they had broken my ing front window, they should thank god I’m an officer and I can’t use lethal force.

“Freeze, stop right there, I’m Chungha from the special forces brigade of the city’s police department, You are under arrest for breaking and entering private property”- and as soon as I said that the thief turned to face me and god it was really creepy, the mask, it was a bloody parrot with red eyes.

“You are stupid, you are stupid, you are stupid”- The thief started talking like a machine while it advanced in my direction, giggling from time to time, but it was still unnerving nonetheless.

“I said stop right there!”- Why do this people always have to make it difficult for me? Screw the use of non-lethal force then, ain’t nobody got time for that.

When it didn’t show signs of stopping neither the annoying chant nor the movement I went for the kill.

Usually the first thing you need to do when you want to take somebody out in a quick fashion is to go for the legs, a low kick should suffice if you have enough strength, and that’s exactly what I did.

What I did not do was cover myself when the thief suddenly jumped to dodge my kick and kicked me back right in the chest, god damn that hurts.

“What the ?”- I’m going to end this er. My first plan did not work, but hell, I love it when they are capable of doing other things than crying profusely on the floor after I leave them there with a few broken bones.

I’m the best, Nayoung may say otherwise because she is too proud to admit it, but there’s nobody, and I mean NOBODY that can match my close quarters combat skills in the entire special forces.

I went for a common front kick to measure the distance between us and the thief actually had to leap back to avoid being hit square in the chest, good sign.

I’m going to end this in one shot.

I got closer to the intruder again, my guard raised, they tried to connect a few punches while they were backing up against the wall but those were either dodged or blocked by my unstoppable advance. Poor thing, it almost looked like they were about to cry. They had stopped chanting and that was a good sign, I’m about to break their body AND spirit so hard the only thing they will be repeating is going to be my name, again and again.

I threw a simple roundhouse kick to corner them against the wall, then immediately followed with a tornado kick and they dodged to my right with remarkable reflexes.

But not enough to outspeed me.

As soon as my kicking feet landed against the floor I used all the momentum generated by the last two kicks to transform my back leg into a literal rocket. This spinning reverse heel kick would be enough to make her regret ever entering my house.

“Nuh uh”- Those were the first words muttered by the intruder since they had stopped chanting.

After that, everything went too fast for me to react.

The thief rolled behind me after ducking to dodge my kick. All the boost that I gathered into the kick threw me off balance and, truth be told, I was surprised the mask-wearing freak was able to dodge my last kick.

I took less than a couple of seconds to recover my balance but by that time it was already too late, a heel crashed right into my face and I was thrown of balance again, only that this time I couldn’t recover properly and had to try and backflip. I didn’t want to become an easy prey for the assailant once I fell to the ground.

I managed to pull it off properly but the thief didn’t even give me time to breath. I was pushed against the wall violently and subsequently felt two hands grip my neck. I tried to pry them open but I wasn’t able to, this er was really strong.

“Where are those two?”- So they were not a thief after all, huh, should have assumed they’d come for Nayoung, but how did they know she was here?

“Screw… you…” – I wasn’t going to give it the pleasure of getting anything out of me. I felt myself getting lightheaded and stopped fighting the choke altogether.

Then Nayoung came in…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chungha arrived at the scene of the crime after Sejeong called her, saying that she should come and see something for herself. What it was she didn’t know, she just knows that it seemed to be urgent.

She got down of the police car and started walking closer to the old wooden house, it was really worn down so Chungha wasn’t surprised that this abandoned looking house was the main place for a murder or something. She took a look at the address and realized it was the one Jieqiong brought Nayoung to, that was enough for her to race inside, fearing the worst.

Yes, she had overhead them when they were about to get into the cab, she had even called Sejeong to ask for her to check up on them, since she was occupied racking her brain to find proof of Nayoung’s innocence.

When she entered the house and got past the tape the other officers had set up to keep away curious eyes she found something that broke her.

There were two bodies, fingers intertwined, one with multiple bullet holes on its stomach and the other one with one on its head.

Those corpses are, or more accurately were, Nayoung and Jieqiong, they were dead.

She could already see the headlines tomorrow, “Fugitive officer found dead with her girlfriend, double suicide is suspected” The media was always like that, truth didn’t matter, only good stories. Besides, Chungha knew very well that those hunting Nayoung would probably have the ability to manipulate the whole story for their own gain, it was infuriating.

She tried to fight back the tears but she couldn’t, and that’s when somebody tapped her on the shoulder. She turned back.

It was Sejeong, with her arms open, welcoming Chungha to cry on her shoulder.

She hugged Sejeong fiercely and started crying nonstop while the other girl her hair, she had lost her best friend and the pain she was feeling in her heart was excruciating.

“There, there, it’s okay to cry, she was one of my friends too”- Sejeong tried to comfort her and Chungha was thankful that she had her at least- “You know, this may be hard for you to know right now, but when I found them… Nayoung was still alive…”

Chungha stopped crying for a second to look at her, urging her to continue.

“I panicked, I didn’t know what to do, she just beckoned me to get closer, she wanted to say something” – Sejeong’s voice was trembling, and it seemed that tears were threatening to spill from her eyes too.- “She told me, with her last breath, that she regretted not spending more time with you…”

Chungha started crying again, this time even harder, the investigation had costed Nayoung’s life and Chungha didn’t try to help until it was way too late. But she was determined, she swore on her life that she’d find the one who did this to Nayoung.

And kill them with her own two hands.

Little did she know, little did she know…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed this, it’s really short compared to the main one-shot, but I wanted to include the ending I first wrote to the story, it’s a little bit longer than the “canon” ending, about 100 words or so, but there’s a different feeling that I’ve wanted to express and I think that’s the main reason.

I wanted the first ending to scream “sadness” so I had to elaborate on feelings a little bit more. While the canon ending screams “anger” for me and I think I might have done a good job with it, lol.

Either way, thanks for the comments, I’ll be answering them after I publish this and correct its mistakes.

I also have been outlining possible plot ideas for the sequel, I have already stablished part of the main plot, especially the driving conflict, and that’s a load of my shoulders.

Is it going to be multi-chaptered? Yes it is.

It’ll be divided into three or four arcs, one of them with Chungha as the main character, another with Napink as its main and the third and fourth one with new protagonists/antagonist.

The arcs will be, at the same time, divided into a certain number of chapters. They will be intercalated between them so as to not remain with a single arc for more than two continued chapters.

And no, sadly, Sejeong won’t be appearing again. Making that decision at the end seriously hurt my Sechung feels. Like, seriously, just a couple of days after I decide to kill her for this story there’s a new load of Sechung moments that get the Submarine ship sailing, big shout out to AmigoTV for making me feel miserable about my life choices!

But before I get into it I want to write another one-shot, to sort of end the warm up before I take anything big.

Either way, thanks a lot for reading and commenting. I hope you have enjoyed this story!