Chapter 2

Winter's Tale
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back at it with another chapter aye ;)

 

 

 

 

 

 

Visiting Heechul’s house in the winter, Yesung realized rather quickly, was an absolutely horrendous decision. Originally, he had been planning on dropping by just to say hi and perhaps catch up on recent happenings, but instead had found himself standing on the front porch, knocking on a dark wooden door, and freezing in the cold winter air. He only hoped the man would have some hot cocoa at home.

 

“Come on hyung, what’s taking you so long…” 

 

Hopping around in an attempt to generate some extra body heat, the singer quietly hummed some notes under his breath, trying very hard to ignore the fact that white clouds were escaping his lips at a scarily fast pace. I swear to God, Kim Heechul, if I freeze out here because of you…

 

Okay, so perhaps he should have called or texted his friend before arriving, but then again Heechul had been rather quick to open the door on all previous occasions. In fact, the blonde had the tendency to pull the door open, slam it in his face, pull it open again, smirk, and then make some snarky remark or bad joke before finally dragging the man in and depositing him on the rug. 

 

Yes, the rug.

 

“Only the best for my dearest friend of 10 years, right?” Heechul had said the very first time Yesung tried protesting. To keep things simple, there had been sickly sweet smiles, spiders, and eggs involved, and Yesung never said anything about his predicament ever again. 

 

The man cringed at the memory, and momentarily wondered if he should call the ambulance or something similar. After all, the diva wasn’t someone who was very tolerating of tardiness, both in himself and others. Which meant he himself was never late to anything. Ever.

Just kidding, he enjoyed doing stuff like that that for fun.

 

 

“Ah it, if you don’t open this door in 3 seconds I’m gonna break it down.” Yesung mumbled to himself as he began the countdown in his mind, his gloved hand already on the handle while his reached for the doorbell.

 

 

 

xxx

 

 

 

”Maybe I should keep you.” 

 

Ryeowook let out a quiet laugh as he leaned his head on his hands, gaze focused upon the man seated across the table. Just a while ago the brunette had been rummaging through the kitchen shelves which, to his delight, were rather neat. Of course, that was partially due to the fact that Heechul didn’t actually have enough of anything in those cupboards to make a mess, but Ryeowook was still grateful. Remembering his promise to be faster than any delivery man could ever be, the young man had been quick with his hands, and managed to churn out a plate of fried rice within forty-five minutes.

 

He hadn’t been super proud of his dishes this time around, but Heechul seemed to be enjoying his meal, at the very least, and Ryeowook assumed that was good enough. Prodding at the last bit of rice left on his plate, he tilted his head slightly and let out a sigh.

 

“Okay, what’s wrong?” The older of the two asked, finally glancing up from the pile of food laid out in front of him. “Because I, for one, see no reason for frustration when you can cook as well as this.”

 

“It’s the one thing I’m good at.” Ryeowook shrugged, pushing himself off the chair. He began piling the dishes on top of one another, being careful to make as little noise as possible. While he didn’t know if the other male was sensitive to noise —judging from his lack of response to the calls previously Ryeowook decided that probably wasn’t the case—, he was still a well-mannered person and after all, just a guest. “You can leave the dishes in the sink after you’re done, by the way. I’ll clean it up.”

 

Blowing a loose strand of hair away from his face, the older the two rolled his eyes. “You really do sound like the model housewife, don’t you?”

 

“I’m not going to answer that.” Ryeowook half-shouted from behind the walls as he switched on the faucet and began soaping up the clanging metal. Humming a soft tune, the brunette allowed his mind to wander towards the steadily falling snow beyond the frosted glass. He wasn’t really sure what he was supposed to do now. Sure, he’d made his way into the home of an unsuspecting stranger, but was he meant to leave now, or leave later? Was he ready to leave? Probably not, but did he risk the chance of being thrown out of the house? Most definitely yes. Also, more importantly, was he really that much of a model housewife? The thought made Ryeowook scowl, and he furrowed his brows in annoyance. No, absolutely not. No matter how petite nor how good of a cook he was, Ryeowook was definitely not on the road to being the perfect housewife.

 

“I know plates and spoons are incapable of drowning, but if they could, those would probably be dead by now.”

 

Snapping out of his previous daze, the young brunette jumped as he whipped around to face the smirking blonde by the doorway. Cursing under his breath, the boy frowned as he turned back to the sink, grateful that he hadn’t broken yet another one of Heechul’s things. “You didn’t have to scare me like that.”

 

“Don’t accuse me, I merely stated an observation.” Heechul smirked as he dumped the dishes into the already full sink, causing the water to splash out over the edges and onto the younger boy. “Oops, did I do that? Sorry, it was an accident.”

 

Glaring at the older while his jaw hung open in shock, Ryeowook resisted the urge to lash out at the other male as he ran a hand down his drenched clothes. Damn clothing and their stupid ability to hold water. 

 

At least they weren’t his.

 

 

 

And then the doorbell rang. 

 

 

Two things happened. One, Ryeowook glanced curiously at the front door, wondering if Heechul had in fact called for the pizza delivery guy. He wouldn’t be surprised, after all the taller male seemed far from trusting, and trusting someone with your first meal of the day was probably a big deal. Second, Heechul froze up, and he quickly pulled Ryeowook towards the cabinet, which made the younger glance up with a questioning gaze. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter