Good Changes

Good Changes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The last time Sungkyu had a relationship was four years ago. He broke up with his girlfriend right before his graduation day. The girl dumped him when she knew Sungkyu wasn’t going to pop the “question” anytime soon. She wasn’t the soon-to-be manager’s priority so he didn’t really mind with the break-up. He got bigger things to be handled, anyway. His father expected him to do his first job in the company excellently. No mistakes, only perfection. That was the first step that he had to do before replacing his father as the CEO.

Busy with work, he started to think relationships were just hassles. He didn’t have time to prepare romantic events nor dealed with sulky lovers. ? He’d just find one night stands from clubs or something. Girls or guys, he wasn’t picky.

For him, there was no need to have a stable relationship. He knew in the end, he  would marry one of his parents’ business partners’ kids. He knew he didn’t get a freedom to choose his own bride because his mom had been showing him pictures of some companies’ heirs since he was twenty years old; when he was still dating his girlfriend. He didn’t refuse married for business, though. Just like his parents, he was as ambitious as they are. Marriage by love sounds too naïve for people like him, like them. So, he wasn’t surprised when his mother told him she had finally decided with whom he was going to marry and the engagement party would be held as soon as possible.

His fiancé was from the Nams. Nam family’s second son finally accepted Kim family’s marriage proposal. Sungkyu had heard about him before, Nam Woohyun. That boy strongly refused to have an arranged married with anyone his parents ask him to, Sungkyu included. He was going to marry his boyfriend, he reasoned. It was a few months ago, though. What had happened with him? Why did he give up and agree with the marriage? A cheating lover?

From his secretary, Sungkyu knew the story.

Woohyun’s love life was almost like those chaebol drama plots where he fell in love with an ordinary girl (in this case, a guy) and didn’t get his parents’ acceptance. Sadly, the guy decided to leave him after his parents bribed his boyfriend with money and an office job in Japan. Sungkyu literally laughed his off hearing that, falling from his chair and damn, that hurt.

That poor boy still looked heartbroken the first time they met at their engagement party (yes, that was their first meeting). Woohyun had a manly feature—sharp jawline and all—but he was like a kicked puppy during the event. Sungkyu wanted to with his failed relationship, but they were still strangers, so he just stood beside him, acting indifferent while glancing now and then at the sulky boy.

 

 

They talked for the first time on a day before their wedding to discuss about what they should and should not do after they became husband and… husband. The first thing they discussed was about their soon-to-be new life. They would just consider each other as roommate, so they were free to do whatever they wanted—inside and outside the house—but, with one conditions, which led them to the second topic: ual activities. They agreed to have casual , but one night stands with other people were forbidden. It was for safety reasons, of course, and also to avoid unnecessary scandals.

Just like other arranged married couples, they thought about divorcement too. They knew that it was a complicated process, so they’d do that after they were finally tired of each other or found a lover. There was no time limit, meaning that if they didn’t feel the need to divorce, then they wouldn’t.

 

*

 

They got married then, with smiles on their faces and no more kicked-puppy look. The wedding vows were declared in a big church, and the reception was held in Kim family’s garden. Black and white suits hugged the new couple’s bodies, making them looked good for the photographers’ cameras and guests’ eyes.

After gulping glasses of wine and having some pointless conversations, the party was over and Sungkyu brought Woohyun to his apartment. The younger had moved his stuff from his house to Sungkyu’s place before the wedding. The place was big, but only had one bedroom so they had to share it. Sungkyu had to buy a new

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter