Hello

Logophile

“No matter how much I hate you, no matter how much I get irritated, in the end I’m a repeated sign.” 

Hello — Hani 


Areum is annoyed. None of her best friends know what makes her annoyed, but she herself is certain that she is annoyed of herself. She is usually the happy-go-lucky girl who will smile and laugh at anything. But at the moment, she seems so gloomy. She understands though, what the real problem is, but Areum doesn’t want to admit it for she thinks that she is losing by doing that. 

On the other hand, Hakyeon is also grumpy. He has been waiting for a call or any text message the whole day, but nothing comes from the person he wants to hear from. Once in every five minutes, the tan-looking guy will flip his phone over and over again, but what he gets are only spams or messages from his friends. 

The previous day, the couple was in a fight. Well, it isn’t like they are never into one, instead, Hakyeon and Areum's relationship basically consists of different kinds of fights. Usually though, they will make up some moments later. However, this time, it seems a lot more serious. 

“So you’re saying I am childish?” snaps Areum. “What about you then, nagging grandma?” 

“Nagging grandma?! Yah, Choi Areum! I am your freaking boyfriend, it is my responsibility to tell you if you are doing something inappropriate.” 

“Yes, you are my boyfriend and that means I am not your kid. I’m a responsible adult as well, Cha Hakyeon. Just for your information, I was not only with him. I drunk with the other guys as well.” 

“Why should it be him who brought you home? Why were you letting him come into your place when none of you were sober. And why didn't you just call me to pick you up?” 

Areum has certainly lost her patient. She knows that sometimes her boyfriend is a jealous prick, but this time he is just too much. “First of all, why are you even jealous over him? You know that he knows you are a scary hen once you get jealous. Second of all, you were freaking 100 kilometers away at that time!” she reasoned. 

“I am not a scary hen. And for God’s sake, everyone knows he's into you! How couldn’t you notice that?” 

“He’s a good friend of mine, Hakyeon!” 

“Just stop befriend him!” 

Hakyeon sighs, remembering their last fight. He doesn’t understand why his girlfriend never believes him how he knows that the guy is never thinking of her as purely a friend like how she does. And that is not the first time they fight because of that guy. Hakyeon has been telling her numerous times but Areum is just so stubborn. On the other hand though, Areum herself has realized that her friend has had a long-time crush on her, but being a great friend she is, she decides to ignore it, pretending that their friendship is merely just a good friendship. 

It now has been three days since the day they fought, but neither Areum nor Hakyeon has called each other. If there’s something similar from the couple, that is both of them maintain their too high pride dearly. None of them wants to give in although they actually have been longing for each other. 

“Yah, just call him already. You look like a zombie, you know,” says Areum's friend. They are now going out to a club downtown in order to get away all of Areum's restlessness. But still, the girl is still sulking because there is no call from Hakyeon. 

“Don’t want to. He’s the one who started the fight.” 

“But it’s not a sin to call him first. Think, if you were in his shoes, wouldn't you get angry to know that he was alone at night, drunk with a girl?” 

Areum nods, contemplating it. “But still, he doesn’t need to start a fight. He could just tell me nicely.” 

“Yah, Choi Areum! How many times has Hakyeon told you about that? He has the right to start the fight because you always underestimate his concerns.” 

“Ah, I don’t know. I don’t wanna think about it. I’ll just order some drink. Do you want some?” 

The following night, Areum is still thinking about her fight with Hakyeon, about his reasons, and about her friend’s suggestion. At some point, she knows that a part of it is her mistake, but being the adamant girl she is, Areum is still annoyed. 

Meanwhile, Hakyeon has decided to just call Areum. He realizes that his girlfriend is just stubborn as hell. If he does the same thing, their relationship will be at stake and he doesn’t want it to happen. He has fought hard to get Areum by his side. Though they argue most of the time but his life without Areum will be meaningless. 

However, when he is going to grab his phone and dial his girlfriend's number, her picture has popped up on the screen, indicating she’s calling him. 

“Hello,” greets Hakyeon. 

“I’ve missed you.” 

He chuckles. “I know. I’ve missed you too.” 

 

★★★ 


 

Hi, there!

Hope you enjoy this one as well...

 

With love :)