Drunk Texting

Logophile

"I’ll be drunk texting, drunk texting, drunk texting you." 

Drunk Texting – Chris Brown ft. Jhene Aiko


 

Sanghyuk was not sober. That was at least a fact that he realized in his drunken state. He was right now sitting on a bar in a club he frequently visited with his fellow high school mates. Yes, they indeed had been separated by college and work, but at least once in a while the group would meet up. However, this time being, a bottle of vodka and a cellphone were his mere company. 

Basically, it wasn’t the type of Sanghyuk to get drunk by himself. He was more the type of guy who would go hang out in group and having fun after a tiring day. But today was different. No, it wasn’t today’s matter in fact, because actually it had been bugging him for days, or even weeks or months without him realizing it. And it involved his coworker, Kim Hana. 

To Han Sanghyuk, Kim Hana was actually a rival. They were both standing in the same position and that was why both of them would always compete. The two of them were all smart and talented who were also equally loved by their boss. However, lately, Sanghyuk who was never pleased to get defeated by Hana had lost his desire to win over his coworker. He felt reluctant to compete and yet he also had lost his spirit, inside and maybe outside office. 

“Yah, why are you here alone?” Sanghyuk was surprised by a familiar deep voice, none other than his high school friend, Kim Wonshik. 

“Oh, hey,” greeted Sanghyuk unenthusiastically, something so unlike him. 

“Oh, what happened with you?” 

“Nope, nothing. I’m just bored,” replied him, indifferently. 

Wonshik who knew Sanghyuk well, doubting his friend. “You sure? It’s not like you though. You seem down.” 

“Do I?” 

Wonshik nodded as he asked for some drink from the bartender. “Yeah. Come on, tell me what’s wrong.” 

“Nu'uh, nothing. It’s just, I’m tired. That’s all.” 

“Alright, then. You know you can tell me if there’s something, right? 

Meanwhile, Han Sanghyuk was too ignorant toward his own condition. His mind was only going on to his coworker on and on without him knowing that it was only Kim Hana occupying his mind. 

“By the way, how was that hotty colleague of yours? Are you two still in bad terms?” asked Wonshik suddenly. 

And, speaking of the devil. The hot colleague Wonshik meant was no other than Kim Hana. Yes, Sanghyuk had ever told his friends about her. About how she was, about how she would never give in their own competition, about how he thought his boss was in her favor, about how those guys' eyes were always on her though he thought that he wasn’t pretty or hot as how Wonshik pronounced. 

“Don’t ask anything about her,” he snapped. 

“Chill, man. Is there something wrong?” 

“Nope, except how she is now getting more and more arrogant after this ugly and short lad from marketing department asked her on a date,” spilled him. “She thought that she was the queen of everything, telling everyone how her date was. So childish.” 

Wonshik who was aattentive toward his beloved friend commented, “You are jealous.” 

“Me? Jealous? Of that shorty? No way.” 

“I’m not saying you’re jealous of the guy, though. You could be jealous of her for she got a date while here you are, sitting with only you and yourself.” 

Hearing that, Sanghyuk could only gape. He drank another glass of vodka and stayed silent afterwards. 

“You like her, don’t you?” asked Wonshik after a while. 

Sanghyuk didn’t say anything to answer Wonshik's question. Instead, he was asking himself whether he actually liked Kim Hana as a woman or not. Well, at first sight, Han Sanghyuk had thought that she was attractive, but after all of the competition, hate, and stuff, he thought that she was no more attractive. But when there was other guy escorting her, he was all grumpy and sad. 

“Listen, Sanghyuk-ah,” started Wonshik when he saw that his friend was contemplating something on his mind. “There's only a thin line between love and hate. And you, my friend, has probably crossed it. Chase her before it's too late, before regret comes to you.” 

Then, later that night, when Sanghyuk had come back to his apartment, he once again thinking about things that occupying his mind recently. With a can of beer in his hand, Wonshik's saying kept replaying and the more he thought about it, the more certain he was of his feeling that he hadn't realized it before. 

Sure of his decision, the young lad then grabbed his cellphone, and finding the contact of the girl he used to despise the most. Though in his drunken state, Sanghyuk confidently texted what he had been thinking. 

“Wanna watch a movie with me tomorrow?” 

 

★★★


 

 

Hi, there!

Yeah, I know it's been a while. But although it's late, Happy New Year!!
I wish this year everyone would get what they want and always stay happy and healthy.

 

With love :)