Pre-Crash

Crash & Fall

Namjoo fished out her phone as soon as she got her privacy. She rang Sungjae’s phone a lot of times but it seemed as if the young lad wasn’t getting her calls. She kept on being redirected to his voicemail. Desperate, she left a voice note to call her back.

“Hey, it’s Namjoo. Call me back as soon as you get this. Bye.”

Namjoo wanted to hold onto whatever she’s been holding on for so long. Sungjae is precious to her. And if her opposition is what it takes to lose him, she’ll gladly take it back. She was just being paranoid, she thought. Yook Sungjae is a fine actor—a freaking artwork. There’s no way in hell he couldn’t pull the job off. Whatever faith was left in Namjoo, she held onto it tight.

A few minutes later, Namjoo have become impatient. She couldn’t sit still anymore. It was impossible for him to not receive the voicemail and text. Sungjae doesn’t sleep early. He prefers working his off. Why wasn’t he replying, then?

“Take a chill pill, kid. He’s probably busy doing something.” She whispered to herself, trying to seek the comfort of solidarity and darkness. 

“Or maybe he’s ignoring you.” She answered back. Her pessimism persistent.

“He’s busy!” She called out all of a sudden. When she realized how pathetic and noisy it was, she withered on her bed and stared at the ceiling.

“But you went overboard today, sweetheart.” She retorted. She was starting to lose her sanity. Why won't Sungjae reply already?

“Couples fight.” Namjoo turned silent at what she said. She started weighing the word 'couple' in her head. Are they really a couple? Or just friends that fought over something? It could go either way.

“Are you two a couple?” She whispered, not directly to herself to keep the pain out of her proximity. Namjoo sighed heavily.

Suddenly, everything's a joke.

A faint ting pulled Namjoo away from her horrendous thoughts to reveal a reply from Sungjae.

 

 

"Well, that stung like a ." Namjoo threw her phone away and went to sleep, because sometimes being with Sungjae is like that. Your case is closed. You can't do anything. So, you rest for awhile for another tedious day with him. But as long as you love him, everything's fine, right? It's worth it, right? 

Namjoo couldn't think anymore. 

Finally, she shut down.