Forbidden

25 Days of Stories - A Christmas Gift List [OPEN]

Title: Forbidden

Authors: Joorin-sshi

Status: On-Going

Tags: Mature, Werewolf, Mates, Shinee, 2min

Link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/854998


Personal Opinion


I admit, I've never tried reading something that refers to male couples before, not because of prejudice, but because I didn't think I could relate to the characters. I would like to thank all of your recommendations that include that specific tag because I was and am able to escape my comfort zone and discover beautiful stories, that I would be missing if I stayed there.

I appreciate this story and its author immensely and this is why I will not disclose too much of the story line, but I will advise you to read for yourself. The plot is crafted in such a manner that mystery awaits at every comma, at every dot, at every line of dialog. The story unfolds itself at a steady pace: not too slow and not too fast, letting the character reveal themselves under your own eyes. You begin to see them as they speak, as they act, you get to see them through the eyes of the other characters, through their relationship with them, you begin to question their background and their traits due to the affiliation to a certain species and, at the same time, you spot the differences between their personality and their predefined characteristics. The savor of them as beings comes from the duality of their existence: there aren't any humans to witness the battle of supremacy that is fought between the beasts inside of their head. Some of them inherit different parts of beastly races, some of them just sparsely halves, some are pure blooded royalty, but somehow, they manage to mix together and walk a road to supposedly perdition.

The main characters are driven by different motivations: some by fear, some by love, some by revenge, some by curiosity and some by the weight of their debts and the consequences of their actions, The story doesn't leave you time to be bored: it makes you enter an unknown world - to you and to your characters. The history of their species, the habits, the names, the language and the existence of the characters itself are so well written and so well thought you are often times amazed by the hidden meaning revealed in the story or at the bottom of the page, as an encyclopedia explanation.

Even though the setting is on the border of a fantastic alternate universe, everyone carries a humanly side, although they have lived and thrived for thousands of years, the characters don't speak with the experience they ought to have. The world of their birth is still unknown to them, carrying secrets they wouldn't have dreamt of learning, putting them through journeys they wouldn't have thought to have. This story is about a lot of things: love - both requited and unrequited, sacrifice - both willing and unwilling, fate, soul mates, mates by nature, heartbreaks and loss, supremacy, packs, hoards, magic, etc.

I was swept off my feet. The chapters have the perfect length, the plot incorporates the perfect amount of every genre, the characters are sprinkled with the perfect amount of personality and dipped in the perfect amount of insanity. I wouldn't go back to the time I didn't know about this story and when I didn't wait for its update.

Congratulations!! This story is amazingly detailed and written.