Family

HISTORY

When Sehun wakes up he’s surprised to see a bunch of teenage boys – just like himself – surrounding him. “What?” His brain is still fogged with sleep and his eyes are slowly assessing them. His brother Chanyeol is there, his face full of worry and happiness at the same time. He doesn’t recognise most of them until his eyes fall onto one of the boys standing near the end, he had dark brown hair and beautiful chocolate eyes and Sehun knows that he has seen him before. “It’s you!” His outburst attracted the attention of another boy – a short one that he remembers Chanyeol ogling.

“Not that this isn’t adorable or anything but WHAT THE !” The exclamation came from Sehun’s right and he tracks it to a blond-haired boy who had cool black studs on his ears.

Sehun blinks owlishly before he, finally, stops staring at the guy’s earing’s and focuses back on the rest.

“Where am I?” His voice sounds hoarse and croaky even to him and he winces when the sounds come out broken.

“I’m not sure what you remember,” A boy says – he has brown hair, almost red – “but I’m pretty sure you remember ESM and uh…the tubes and experiments.” He says this slowly as if he’s afraid of triggering him into a panic attack or maybe he’s worried – thinking that he has some mild form of PTSD. All Sehun can do is nod slowly as the memories start penetrating his mind and he can’t help but wonder how he’s stayed sane throughout the…torture.

 

Suddenly, a hand assaults his shoulder and he turns glaring at the familiar smile his brother is sporting. “You were right Sehun.” The red-pink and is that…orange.

Sehun’s eyes narrow as he tries to make out the colours in his brother’s hair before he is interrupted (once again, might he add) by Chanyeol. “I shouldn’t have met up with him and, and I can’t believe that he betrayed us like that.” The red head (yeah let’s just say that he has red hair, because Sehun – for the life of him - can’t figure out what colour it is.)

 

Sehun nods again, “Can uh…can I get your names – except yours Chanyeol – it would make life easier.” Chanyeol looks sheepish and the others nod their heads.

The guy with the black stud earing’s breaks the silence that had been settling on them ever since Sehun voiced his request.

“My name is Yifan but you can call me Kris – everyone does.” He gestures to the man next to him, “This is Yixing and the one standing next to him is Tao.” Sehun observes the people that Kris gestures to and finds that Yixing has really deep dimples and that Tao has hair that’s so blond it’s almost white. “Yixing is my brother and Tao is a friend. His brother is Jongdae.” This time he points at brown haired male standing next to Tao – he also notices that he has prominent cheekbones.

 

“Okay, Kris, Yixing, Tao and Jongdae – I got it. What about the rest?”

 

They look at the others. “My name is Kyungsoo,” says the one that Sehun knows Chanyeol was ogling. “and this is my brother Baekhyun,” the boy next to him looks pale and he seems to have a huge plaster on his arm – which he periodically rubs – but he still manages a wave.

The original boy – the one who he’d pointed at waves at him and smiles. Sehun can’t help but observe that it makes him cuter.

“I’m Luhan and this is Minnie,” He points at the boy next to him, who has really light brown hair. “We met before, at the café I think.” Luhan looks lost in thought before Baekhyun interrupts him.

 

“What café was it? I feel like I’ve seen you two before.” He looks at them his eyes squinting as he tries to figure it out.

 

“Oh, it was a small café, nestled into the corner of Junior Street. I forgot its name though.” Luhan looks at ‘Minnie’ for help but the other shrugs and everything is quiet before a tanned boy with dark hair speaks up and gives ‘Minnie’ a look.

“So Minnie…” He looks at Minnie questioningly and surprisingly Jongdae is the one who answers him.

“His name is Minseok,” He sighs, “I know this because we ran into each other at the park, was it?” He looks at Minseok to confirm this but the other shrugs, again.

“Oh, well my name is Jongin but I also go by the name Kai.”

 

“Why?” Tao questions and Jongin shrugs.

“I’m par-”

“Wait you’re Kai?” I hear another voice shout out with me and I turned to look at Yixing.

Jongin just nods, and my heart speeds up and I think that maybe Yixing’s has as well.

“No way,” Yixing mutters quietly but we can all hear him, “I’m Lay.” He says louder and my heart skips a beat, and I can see Jongin is just as perplexed.

“That must mean, that you’re Oh Sehun – the young dancer that’s meant to be competing against us.”

“Dude.” Jongin goes, “We’re all meant to be competing against each other.” I nod solemnly and the atmosphere is quiet before Jongin pipes up again:

“Oops, I forgot to introduce my brother this is Junmyeon but he goes by Suho in his choir group.”

At this more gasps are introduced to the world and more questions are flung about the room.

 


 

Just as Junmyeon begins another story the door opens and a dozen or so men walk into the room – surprised to see them awake. They stare at them in open curiosity before one of them – a pink haired man – opens his mouth. “Good morning,” he starts and everyone is even more confused at his way to cheerful voice. “My name is Jinki and I would personally like to welcome you to our house.”

 

“You’re not a e, are you?” The man looks at Sehun, his face a mixture of shock and amusement.

 

“No, why would I be? When I have, a beautiful partner standing next to me.” A raven with a wavy fringe giggles as he is pulled flush against the other and stares at Jinki’s blue/grey eyes.

They stay like that for a few seconds before the shorter male breaks eye contact, his faith dusted in light pink.

 

“I think some introductions are in order, from us to you.” He hastily adds on the last part when he spots one of them opening his mouth. “My name is Sungjong and I would also like to welcome you here.” He gestures at the people behind him, “This is Jonghyun, Kibum, Minho, Taemin, Myungsoo, Sungyeol,” They were the people who were directly behind.

He then points at the ones at door introducing them.

“Sunggyu, Woohyun, Aaron and Ren.” They all waved and Ren seemed to have a Serene smile on his face as he stared at Luhan and Kyungsoo.

 

Jinki claps his hands together to get the attention of the occupants, “Now that you’re awake you might be wondering why you’re here. You’re here because…you’re family.” After he says this a series of confused noises makes its way around the younger occupants. Jinki cringes at them.

“I’m sorry for making it very blunt but I see no other way to put it. I’m pretty sure you all know you’re adopted.”

At this they all nod and wonder where he’s going with this.

“Have you ever wondered who your birth family are? Well we are your birth family. Your parents are in this very room and so are your siblings.”

This prompted them all to look around in suspicion wondering who they were.

 

“It doesn’t matter,” Tao suddenly starts, extinguishing any noise that had started, “Kris he, Jongdae, Yixing ge and Chen are family.” He turns to look at Yixing, “Where is he?” Yixing shrugs as if he’s not concerned about this ‘Chen.’

“Anyways, just because we’re not related by blood doesn’t mean we aren’t family.”

 

Everything is quiet for a while.

“We know,” Sungjong starts his voice soft, “And we aren’t going to try to change that, here we are all a big family. Just because your birth family is in this room and just because the person who you call brother is not your birth brother doesn’t mean that you have to stop calling them or considering them your brother.”

After Sumgong’s little speech Tao nods his head and his expression starts clearing up.

 

“I’ve got one last question,” he looks at Sungjong, “Who’re they and who are our birth parents and brothers?”

 

“They are B.A.P – Andromedian Border Patrol. This is Yongguk and Himchan. Zelo and Jongup and Daehyun and Youngjae.” They all gave a salute when they were introduced.

 

“If you’re name is Andromedian Border Patrol,” Baekhyun starts his eyes never leaving Daehyun’s form and vice versa, “why are you called BAP?”

Daehyun chuckles at the question and shrug his shoulders:

“I don’t know. We’re not the ones who picked the name.” And he leaves it at that.

 

Jinki turns to Tao, “That should’ve answered your first question. Now for your second. Me and Sungjong are the parents to Baekhyun and Yifan.”

“Yifan, who’s that?” Baekhyun asks.

“I believe he introduced himself as Kris.”

Baekhyun makes a noise of recognition and smiles at the other male before nestling back into his shorter brother’s arms.

“Taemin and Minho have Jongin and Minseok. Kibum and Jonghyun have Junmyeon and Chanyeol. Myungsoo and Sungyeol have Jongdae and Yixing,” Everyone notices the relief on Yixing’s face on being with someone he can easily communicate with. “Woohyun and Sunggyu have Tao and Sehun and finally Aaron and Ren have Luhan and Kyungsoo.”

 

After that revelation, everyone was looking at their parents and siblings in awe thinking, ‘I’m related to that person, OH MY GOD...’

Except Jongin whose thoughts were going something like this: ‘Thank ing God I’m not related to Tao – ewwww, how gross would that be. Ugggh. Tao, you better watch out I’m coming for you my fried chicken.’

 


 

“Now that the news has been delivered, there are things that we must do and have done for your arrival and stay. So now we must depart!” At this Jinki raises his hand and Taemin smirks at the look he gets from the leader but decides that he would listen to him. “I’ve always wanted to say that.” Jinki mutters out loud and everyone gives him a weird look (that he doesn’t notice) as him and the Guardians teleport out of sight.

 

Now only the members of BAP and the twelve young ones remain. The members of BAP are all busy conversing with themselves except for Daehyun who subtly glances at Baekhyun – who seems to have dragged Kris and Kyungsoo into a conversation together, claiming they were family now and therefore had to get along.

 

“Thank you.” A voice calls out towards the members of BAP and all conversation stops turning to look at Junmyeon, “I never got to thank you for saving us and now that I have the opportunity to, I would like to say again: Thank you.”

Kris also bows along with Junmyeon and soon everyone else is bowing and giving them thanks.

 

“You’re welcome,” Yongguk starts, “we would also like to thank you as it’s because of you that we have earned the trust of the Guardians and been allowed a place to stay.” He gestures to Zelo, “follow Zelo he will take you to your rooms. You will be rooming with your brothers so Kyungsoo and Baekhyun etc, as we didn’t want to room you with people you might feel uncomfortable with being.” At this he nods at Junmyeon and turns to Himchan.

 

“However, your rooms are close and you will be placed in the guest wing until your bedrooms are done and you won’t be rooming with anyone after that so enjoy it. I guess.” Himchan nods at them before walking out.

 

After that the infirmary is a bustle of movement and Daehyun finds himself once again supporting Baekhyun to his room – this time with the help of Kris.

 

“Can you believe this?” The boy asked to no-one.

“No,” Kris answers and Baekhyun turns so fast that Daehyun didn’t have time to register that he was moving, “It still seems surreal to me.” Kris chuckles and Baekhyun snaps out of his self-induced shock.

“What? The fact that you’re related to moi surprises you?” He teased, leaning into Daehyun so he could get a better glimpse of Kris, which made Daehyun wince.

“Are you okay?”

“Don’t worry about it. You’re just heavy.” His tone was so nonchalant that it took Baekhyun awhile to register what he said.

“Did…did you just call me fat?!”

You can hear the promise of death in the screech and even Jongin, who’d been attempting to woo/flirt with Tao, paused at the unholy sound.

“What the .” Daehyun mutters as his ears continue to ring from the screech and his statement (not question) doesn’t change when he’s assaulted with Baekhyun’s pout.

 

Sniggering can be heard from Do Kyungsoo as he amuses himself in the plight of the poor alien.

 


 

“What the ?” The CEO of ESM mutters as he eyes the strange mix of DNA, that was currently being used to create another living being.

“How the did we manage to, accidentally, create an inter-racial alien? HOW!?”

His cries are met with silence.

 


Hey Guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, now if you're very observant you might have notice the change I made to BAP about their name. Orinigally is was Border Andromedian Patrol but it didn't really make sense when I checked up on it so, it's now Andromedian Border Patrol but they're still going to be called BAP.

Anyways, we got a better glimpse of what was happening at ESM. Does anybody know who the inter-racial alien is? Does anybody want to guess on who the DNA comes from (HINT: TWO PEOPLE). As well as that I have more exciting news as BTS should be making an appearance in the next chapter and I cannot wait to continue playing around with them in this story (I've already written a bit of Chapter 8) and I'll try and make sure there isn't much of a gap.
KEY WORD: TRY.

BYE