The Guardians

HISTORY

“Quickly,” hissed Jinki, already holding Yifan. The baby sensing his carer’s fear had quieted down, no longer wailing like he had when he was accidentally awakened.

“We’re trying,” Jonghyun hissed back, all the other babies except Yifan were asleep and he had no intention of waking them. Cradling Chanyeol, he got into his position in the circle, where everyone else was already waiting. Key, rolled his eyes at his partner's behaviour before muttering the incantation, in a flash they had all disappeared.

 

A few moments after they had teleported to a safer location, the door to the home was burst open. In strolled the general of the Red Force, a violent fire tribe, that were trying to take over EXOplanet. “Where are they?” He spat out to his soldiers before ordering for them to look around.

His soldiers came back with nothing, “Sir, maybe they’ve already left.” The general sent the soldier a glare that could rival death’s. He let out a sigh, before stomping out to contact the higher ups.

 

Meanwhile, the Guardians had just arrived at their safe location. It was a green and blue planet that used to house the Magnificent Beasts - the dinosaurs, before they were killed off.  “They will be safe here.” Sungyeol breathed, gently rocking Jongdae. Jongdae is a light sleeper and thus wakes up really easily. Minseok, sensing his friends despair, started squirming in Minho’s arms. Whilst, said man looked at the baby with panic drawn out all over his face. Taemin, smiled at Minho and started cooing at the baby Minseok.

Jinki looked at them and sighed.

“We can’t keep them together,” they all looked at him. “They’ll find them - they’re power will attract them.” The rest nodded at his explanation.

“We should keep some of them together, though.” Key spoke up.

“It’ll make sure they’re protected and have someone to turn to,” Jonghyun spoke agreeing with Key. Jinki looked perplexed and like he was going to argue back but one look from Sungjong had him agreeing.

“Fine, but who’s staying with the other?” Jinki questioned.

 

“I have it all planned out,” Sungjong spoke up for the first time, causing everyone to look at him. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo will stay together.” Hearing Kyungsoo’s name Baekhyun perked up and started cooing at his carer, however it was the complete opposite for the other boy, who started shrieking loudly with Aaron trying to calm him down. After a while, Kyungsoo did stop and Aaron sighed in relief.

“Well if that’s the case, Lulu and Minseok can stay together,” Ren said, everyone agreed since they were the closest.

“Jongdae and Tao can stay together,” Sungjong started again, “ Yifan and Yixing, Junmyeon and Jongin and finally Chanyeol and Sehun.” No one disagreed with him as they were too afraid to. Sungjong looked around and nodded at all of them. “Now that’s all sorted, should we go do it before they find us?”

They all teleported out of the valley in pairs, determined to find the perfect family for their boys.

 

On EXOplanet, the General had just returned from talking to the higher ups. “The boss says just get to the Tree of Life as the Guardians have left the planet.” The soldiers gave their sign of understanding before leaving the house and heading towards the Tree of Life. However, when they reached it, they could only see its silhouette. The Tree of Life had fully disappeared by the time they had all snapped from the stupor. The general sighed again. “Sir,” holding up his communicator, “the Tree disappeared. Yes, sir I am pretty sure that’s what happened, I saw it with my own two eyes. Yes sir.” He turned around and started walking back, making a vague motion with his hand to follow. The soldiers obeyed.

 

***

 

“Well that’s sorted,” Jonghyun announced as he lit up the cave the Guardians were currently residing in.

“You said it.” Key snorted, “but I am pretty sure we found decent families for our children.” He huddled into Jonghyun’s side before sighing, “I hope they do turn out to be good role models though.” They made a weird pair, Jonghyun and Key. Since they were the complete opposite of each other but somehow they made it work.

“They will,” Sunggyu answered simply, before warming his hands by the fire.

“Don’t tell me,” Sungyeol answered, “you used your time powers again?” He asked raising an eyebrow.

“Well what did you expect?” Myungsoo asked, leaning against Sungyeol’s tall frame. Woohyun, who had been slowing down the wind blowing through the cave entrance, elbowed Sunggyu, who had been falling asleep.

“Guys, I have something important to say.” Everyone looked at Sunggyu in curiosity, “when we were looking for homes for the babies, I felt something. I think the Tree might be on Earth.”

“Seriously,” Sungyeol breathed.

“He is, I felt it too, actually I can feel it now too.” Woohyun answered.

“Then what are we waiting for, let’s go looking for it,” Jinki stood up, startling the others. Sungjong held onto Jinki’s hand.

“I don’t think we should jagiya, it’s getting dark,” Sungjong said.

“No, I think we should, it’ll protect us and  we’ll have to recharge, anyways.” Minho added. With this, they all left the cave, using Sungjong’s light and Sunggyu's fire to guide the way.

Eventually, they found it in the middle of the valley, they had been in that  very morning.

“Yeobo, wake up.” Jonghyun shook Key, who had fallen asleep standing up. “We found it, let’s go.” When they all started walking towards it, with Jonghyun dragging a half asleep Key, they felt something pass through them. “What was that?” Jonghyun questioned, alert.

“A forcefield, it’ll keep us out of sight and safe, I think.” Taemin answered.

“WOW,” Woohyun breathed taking in the sight behind them, “guys I think found where we could camp out. They all turned around and gasped at what they saw. A temple/castle like building loomed in front of them.  

“Are you sure it will keep us safe?” Sungjong asked skeptically.

Jinki grabbed his hand, “Yes I’m sure.”

 

“Hey, you idiots come up here!” Woohyun was waving from a window inside the house.

“How, in the name of God, did you get up there so fast?” Sunggyu called from below,

“Huh?” Woohyun shouted, not being able to hear his other properly.

“How did you get up there so fast?” Sunggyu repeated,

“Oh! Wind!” Woohyun replied, from above before disappearing into the house again, “now come inside, I’ll meet you downstairs!”

 

All the remaining Guardians came inside to see the house. When they walked in through the doors they gaped. The whole ground floor was a training area covered in mats and weapons. One area was dedicated to one on one combat. Another was dedicated to all sorts and forms of fighting styles and so on. As they were busy gaping, they didn’t notice Woohyun creeping up behind them. “What are you guys doing here?” he questioned making the others jump slightly.

“We were looking for you,” Myungsoo replied, Woohyun looked at them in confusion,

“Then what are you doing here?” He questioned.

“What do you mean?” Sunggyu furrowed his eyebrows, trying to understand the young man in front of him.

Woohyun rolled his eyes, “this is the training building!” He answered already annoyed, “the building that has the bedrooms and kitchens and stuff is over there.” He pointed to a bigger building, that was almost hidden behind the training area.

Sungyeol huffed, “how were we supposed to know? There a bunch of buildings and stuff here.”

“How do you know this anyways,” Jinki asked, Woohyun, “we literally just arrived.”

“Ah! Hyung you can be so stupid sometimes,” Woohyun replied, “obviously I asked the wind to check it out for me!” Woohyun then skipped off, grabbed Sunggyu and dragged him off, to show him where they would be living.

“Come Jagi, we should follow him,” Taemin was now dragging Minho towards the looming house, if it could even be called that, that Woohyun and Sunggyu where currently headed towards.