Hakyeon

Coincidence

Today is the start of exams week. And talking about exams, it means that he needs to study 24/7. Studying like that, then the words wrecked and stressed out will be an understatement. He can say that his three exams for today went out smoothly. He's not being confident but he really studied hard this weekend that's why he's confident on his answers on the exam.

After his exams, he decided to chill and relax his mind for a bit on his favorite place. This place was on a bridge, he really like it in there because the nature is still well preserved in there despite the busy cars passing on that bridge. The bridge gives you a very good view during sunsets and sunrise. Also the water under the bridge is very calming.

It's almost half an hour that he's standing on the bridge when he just noticed that he was not alone. He turned his attention on his right side and he was right, he's not alone. There's another presence, he looked at the guy intently. The guy was leaning on the railings and was closing his eyes. He just didn't mind the guy and he turned back his attention on the calm water below.

Two to three minutes have passed when he felt that someone more particularly the guy beside him was staring at him. He then looked on his right. The guy was looking on him with a frown on it's face.

Is he new here? I haven't notice him before.

He take a good look at the guy from head to foot. The guy was wearing all black. Backpack hanging loosely on one of it's shoulders. Headphones on looping around it's neck. Wearing a black tight jeans, black t-shirt and a black converse high.

A rocker.

Staring on the guys frowning face makes him feel annoyed. The guy was looking at him as if he did trespassing on this place.

What is his problem? This is my place!

To avoid feeling annoyed more, he just looked back on the water below. But when he was about to enjoy the calming water below, he noticed that the guy sit on the ground and let his feet hang on the edge of the bridge causing it to swing freely.

Is he going to jump!?

He took a step closer towards the guy, so that if the guy would actually jump, he can immediately pull him away. He didn't want to witness such scene and also he's afraid that maybe he would be accused that he was the one who killed the guy pushing him on the bridge. When he was about to reach the guy's shoulders, the guy stand suddenly. The guy dusted some dust off on his jeans then walk opposite to his direction without looking back.

 

 

__________________

 

 

He was now studying on one of the tables of 'Nature Cafe'. Books scattered on the top of the table. He really needs to study for this subject because it's one of his major subjects and he can't afford to fail.

Feeling bored, he dropped his pen on his notebook and lazily let his gaze wander around the cafe when he noticed a familiar face on one of the tables. His eyes bulge out due to shock. It's the rocker guy again.

Is he following me!? My stalker?

He immediately turn his attention to the books that was scattered on his table, trying to look busy studying. He can't help but to glance to the rocker guy again. He examined the guy again. Headphones on, banging his head to the unheard rhythm on it's headphones. Hands moving as if his drumming.

He's really a rocker.

Gazing on the rocker guy, he thought that it was not just a coincidence that they met again. He's a type of person who really believe on destiny, he have heard a lot of stories about it but it didn't happen to him yet he still believe on it.

Should I talk to him?

While throwing some glaces on the rockey guy, he also noticed that the other was also glancing on him.

On how I'll talk to him? I'm nervous.

He really wants to talk to the guy, but he was really nervous.

Okay, I'll talk to him in a count of three.

One.

Two.

Three.

He then stands but he was shocked that the rocker guy also stand up. They looked at each other for a few seconds, then avoid each others gaze.

Not knowing what to do, he immediately stacked his books on his bag and stormed out the cafe.

 

 

___________________

 

 

Walking alone on the busy road, he can't stop but to think what just happened on him that day. He did miss the chance to talk to his destiny, he considered the rocker guy as his destiny. Mind full of thoughts, he decided to go back to the bridge to calm his mind for a while.

If I'll saw rocker guy again, I'll approach him.

 

 

___________________

 

 

Nearing on the bridge, he saw someone approaching. His heart beats fast, and he doesn't know why. When he finally recognized the one who was approaching, that's when he felt the need to approach him.

This is it, this was my second chance.

One.

Two.

Three.

"Hi." And they both laugh.

 

T H E  E N D

 

 

an

Soooooo, how was this? Please leave comments!