Taekwoon

Coincidence

No other words to describe this day, it's only 'hell'. Why?

First, he just woke up late today. His phone's alarm didn't ring, and he don't know why. Waking up late means that he missed his first exam in the morning. Waking up late also means that he wasn't able to eat his breakfast. He literally walk just to reach school in time, because he missed the bus.

Second, his exam for the second subject is math and talking about math. HE REALLY HATE IT. So he just answered the questions with his instincts, because he believed on the saying 'trust your instincts'. Third, his friends is too annoying. Particularly Jaewhan, he didn't know why that Jaewhan's energy today was extra active thinking that it was the exam week. And him, being the quite guy doesn't like 'too much noise'.

Lastly, today's weather is super hot. Yeah, he knows that he's hot but it's just the weather is too hot that can cause headache and temper for him. So after his hell like day, he decided to go to his so called 'hidden place'.

It's not hidden literally, but he called it hidden because no one knows from his friends that he usually went to that place. Only people residing and passing through that place saw him, but he didn't mind because no one knows him. This place is a bridge, yes a bridge. A bridge were cars pass by, this bridge was in a river.

Standing on that bridge gives you a better view of the sunset. And it's a very breath taking view. He loves nature a lot, despite his appearance. Not that his ugly, he admits he is quite handsome. Based on what others say and also from what he saw in the mirror everyday. His appearance is just very contrasting to breath taking view of the nature, why? Mainly because, he loves to wear black. As in all black. His favorite color is just plainly either black and grey. So it's very contrasting, his black aura and the colorful view.

He leans on the railings of the bridge, feeling the cool breeze of the river. His mind immediately become at peace, it feels so refreshing. He's savouring the now peaceful atmosphere despite the busy cars passing through the bridge. He looks at the calm water under the bridge, he really wants to abruptly jumped on the water because the weather is damn hot. He just wants to let his body relax on the cold water. If he wasn't supposed to be going somewhere after this, he maybe now swimming on the river.

About half an hour have passed, he felt that there's another presence on the bridge. He glanced on his left side when he noticed a guy. The guy seemed to also enjoy the calming and soft breeze of the river.

Is he new here? Why the hell is he here? This is my place!

He examined the guy from head to foot. The guy was wearing a red and black checkered polo, a tight pants that really gives you a better look on his down curves, a white sneakers. The guy was holding two books and also has backpack slung on his back. The guy's hair was neatly combed and it wears a big glasses.

A nerd.

He was too busy examining the guy that he didn't noticed that it was also looking on him from head to foot with a frown on his face.

What is his problem? This is my place!

He turned his attention back on the cool water, trying to distract his mind away from the nerdy guy. How he wished he can jump on the water. He sits on the ground, letting his feet hung on the edge of the river. Swinging it. He can feel that the nerdy guy was still looking at him and was inching closer to him, but he just ignore him because he badly wants to jump on the water.

The weather is getting hotter. Deciding that he should leave now so that he won't really jump literally, he stand up and dusted of his jeans from the dust. He saw from the corner of his eyes that the guy heaved a big sigh and relief. He didn't spare a glance on the guy then turn on the opposite direction to leave.

 

 

 

_______________

 

 

He's now sitting on one of the tables of the 'Nature Cafe'. Headphones in and sipping his Iced Americano. He often laze in this place because it was really relaxing, he just love nature so much.

Head jamming slowly on the music playing, he looked around the cafe and he was surprised to see the nerdy guy again.

Is he following me!? My stalker?

The nerdy guy also surprisingly glanced at him and eyes bulge out when he noticed him. The nerdy guy immediately turned his attention to the books scattered on the table.

Hhmmm, basic accounting. Bright child.

Gazing intensely on the nerdy guy, he thought that this wasn't just a coincidence. He met this guy twice on this day. Maybe this is destiny. He remembered how Jaewhan told him so many stories like this on how you would meet your other half.

Maybe this is it? Should I talk to him?

While on his deep thoughts, the nerdy guy was also unknowingly sparing glances on him.

How should I introduce my self? Wait, I'm nervous.

He's still contemplating whether to approach the guy or not. Okay, maybe I should. On a count of three, I'll walk to his table.

One.

Two.

Three.

He stands up, but he was shocked because the nerdy guy also stands. They looked at each others eyes. Embarrassed. He immediately grabs his phone that was on the table and took his drink then stormed out the cafe.

 

 

__________________

 

 

Walking alone, he thought that he just missed his chance. He's too shy to approach the guy. Maybe they weren't really destined? It's just a coincidence. His mind was full of thoughts that's why he decided to go back to the bridge to think things right. If I'll saw nerdy guy again, I promise to immediately approach him.

 

 

_________________

 

 

When he was near on the bridge, he noticed someone was also approaching from the opposite side. Eyes wide in shock, it was nerdy guy again. Nervousness creeping through his body, he slowly halts then turned his attention on the bright orange sunset. This is definitely destiny. I should approach him now.

One.

Two.

Three.

"Hi." Then he laughed.

 

 

 

an

This will be two-shot. I wrote this a long time ago, I'm just guilty about my hiatus that's why I posted this. And... I don't know when I can post the next chapter *sighs* I'm so sorry. 

 

Please do leave comments! ILYSM 😘