Capitulo Nueve

Enamorarse de Nuevo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

J4, as expected, is outside of the daycare, waiting for Hana to be done, and looks up from her phone when she spots the fellow bodyguard. “K2, what are you doing here?”

Interesting, she hadn’t called Miran to stop him or at least that he’s coming. Either way, there’s nothing that could stop him from his daughter. He ran a hand over his suit, smoothing out the non-existent wrinkles. “Yoona needs you at home so I’m here to change places with you.” A white lie but it’s nothing compared to her lies.

“Oookayy,” Miran answers skeptically, the miss normally always tells her a week in advance if there’s a change of schedule. “Let me just double check with the miss.”

Changwook nods and doesn’t mind her suspicion. Occupational hazard. In any case, he would want someone who is alert and wary enough to protect his daughter...his daughter. He walks closer to the glass window and peers through it, spotting her instantly. The round forehead, doe-like shaped eyes, button nose, thin lips, nothing about her looks like him. Well, maybe the ears, they were longer like his. Unconsciously, he touches his ear, the corner of his lip curling up. This is really happening, in a matter of hours he became a father. The whole thing felt so surreal. He didn’t know whether to be happy or angry or worried even. Elated, he decides. He’s not alone in this world anymore, he has someone to live for, to protect. The anger and resentment he feels against Yoona subside with each passing second of watching the little girl they had created.

“She said it’s okay.” Miran comes back, showing no indication that she knew what went on between Yoona and him. “I guess I’ll go home now...class ends in half an hour. I sent a text to the teachers so they know you’re the one taking Hana home.”

“J4,” Changwook stops her when she’s almost out the door. “Hana’s father...did the miss ever try to contact him?”

Mirian hesitates, feeling as if she’s falling into a trap. Something is up. Him showing up all of a sudden, the masked hurt in Yoona’s voice and questioning Hana’s father whereabouts it’s too much of a coincidence to happen all at once. “That’s something you’ll have to ask the miss.”

 

—ღღღ-↛

Enamorarse de Nuevo

 

Time passed in a blink of an eye, he spent the whole time watching Hana. The other parents who were there to pick up their kids kept giving him a wary glance, probably thought he was some creepy e but he didn’t care. Soon class was over and the kids are filing out of the room in an orderly fashion. Changwook walks up to the little girl who is peering left to right for her chaperone. “Hana.” He calls out gently like a dad would.

Hana’s lips immediately spread into a grin. “Uncle Woo!” She jumps to his side. “What are you doing here?”

“J4 has some work to do with your mom, so I’m in charge of looking after you today.” He taps the tip of her nose and she giggles.

“Okay. Look at what I drew!” Hana held out a piece of paper for him to see.

“Wow, that’s absolutely beautiful, you’re a natural.” Stick figure didn’t even come to describe what she drew. On the paper there were odd shaped potatoes with lines coming out of their body in various colors.

“This is mommy, uncle Gum, uncle Kyoo, Aunt Miran, uncle Woo and daddy.” Hana points to each shape as she names all of them.

Changwook feels a swarm of what could be only described as warm and fuzzy at the mention of his shortened name. Then the last word she says registers. “Daddy, who’s daddy?”

The three-year-old shrugs her small shoulders. “I don’t know. I think I have one. Everyone else does.”

He pressed his lips firmly together, the fury he felt at being kept in the dark resurfacing. It seems Hana longed for a dad after all. “Hana, if you could go anywhere right now, where would you want to go?”

Hana’s eyes sparkles. “Playground! And ice cream!”

—ღღღ-↛

Enamorarse de Nuevo

 

“Chocolate’s the best aren’t they?” Changwook declares as he scoops out the last bite of his chocolate ice cream while Hana does the same.

“Yum!” Hana smacks her lips together, savoring the sweet flavors.

The recently turned father laughs at the sight of the chocolate ice cream covering the bottom half of her face like a beard. “Here.” Changwook fishes out a napkin and wipes away the stain.

“T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter