THAT UNEXPECTED KISS

IT'S YOU THAT I WANT

     “Good morning ajumma…” Jinyoung greeted Mark’s mom as the older woman walked out from the gate.

     “Good morning Jinyoung ah…Mark is inside…go ahead…”

     “Nae…”Jinyoung bowed and went towards the door. “Hey Mark…” he called as he took off his shoes.

     “Kitchen…”

Jinyoung walked to the kitchen and saw Mark scooping some rice inside the cooker.

    “Breakfast?” Mark asked. “My mom made her famous stew…”

    “Sure…”

While eating…

    “I swear, your mom made the best stew…” Jinyoung said as he sipped a spoonful of the reddish liquid from the bowl.

    “I hope your mom didn’t hear that…” Mark smiled.

    “Well, she knows the truth…so, how things with Taehyung?” Jinyoung seriously can’t believe those words came out from his mouth.

*Stupid mouth!*

    “Cool I guess…it feels weird that we’re actually dating…” Mark was amazed the lies he spurt out. Truthfully, he just wanted how Jinyoung would react to it.

    “Are you happy?”

    “Yeah…Tae’s cool…you know him right…”

    “I guess…” Jinyoung felt his insides crumpled up in knots hearing Mark’s word. So he was happy with another guy…that left a bitter taste in his mouth…and he hated it.

They finished eating and Jinyoung offered to do the dishes as a token of appreciation. He was just taking off the rubber gloves when Mark came from his behind and put a bowl inside the sink.

    “Here’s another one…” Mark said winking at him.

    “Yaa! You should’ve given me this sooner…” Jinyoung whined turning to face Mark.

     “Sorry…I just love seeing you suffer…”

     “Sadist…” Jinyoung murmured.

     “Just leave it there…we’re late for school anyway…it’s just one bowl…” Mark said, pulling Jinyoung away from the sink.

     “I’ll be quick…”

    “C’mon…just leave there…”

Mark pulled Jinyoung’s arm, jerking him backwards. Their chest met and they were standing facing each other.

    “Jinyoung ah…”

    “Fine…I’ll just leave it…let’s go…”

Jinyoung wanted to escape the awkward situation they were in. he’s afraid that he would do something that both he and Mark gonna regret. He was about to walk away when Mark suddenly grabbed him by the wrist.

    “Jinyoung wait…”

Mark spun him around and now Jinyoung had his back on the warm door of the fridge. Mark was standing in front of him and he got nowhere to go.

    “Mark…we’re gonna be late…”

Jinyoung’s eyes went wide when he felt something soft landed on his lips…Mark was kissing him.

Mark didn’t know what demon possessed him at the very moment…all he know that Jinyoung was freaking adorable with that pout and somehow he had just to kiss that plump luscious lips. He tried to break it off but he felt that Jinyoung was kissing him back…and it was better than he had imagined their first kiss would be like.

Everything was a blur to Jinyoung, here he was…kissing his best friend…he never kissed anyone before and this is relatively new to him. Mark’s lips molded perfectly with his own, it tasted almost sweet to him.

*Is this how he kiss Taehyung?* his mind wondered and something clicked. Mark is dating Taehyung right now.

Mark perfect little bubble were crushed when Jinyoung pushed him away, breaking the kiss they shared. He stared at Jinyoung and saw something in his eyes…guilt…regret.

    “We’re gonna be late…” Jinyoung said, as he slipped away, walking towards the door.

The whole journey to school was quiet…too quiet for their comfort. Jinyoung felt guilty about the kiss…it wasn’t supposed to happen, no matter how much he liked Mark...the guy was in a relationship for goodness sake…

*I’m such an !* he mentally slapped his head.

Mark knew he just ruined everything with Jinyoung when the kiss happened. He’s be lying that he didn’t enjoy when Jinyoung kissing him back but the look in Jinyoung’s eyes tell him that it shouldn’t happen. He occasionally glanced at Jinyoung but the guy had his attention elsewhere most of the time.

*Great way to ruin your friendship for years Mark Tuan.* He hissed.

     “Hey babe…”

Taehyung’s voice pulled the two back into reality.

     “Hey…” Mark tried to smile when Taehyung grabbed his hand.

     “Hey Jinyoung…” Taehyung said,

     “Hi…” Jinyoung tipped his head. “I gotta go…morning duty…”

Jinyoung walked away, leaving the pair behind.

     “What was that?” Taehyung looked at Mark.

     “I’ve ruined it Tae…I ruined it…” Mark sighed, feeling dejected.

     “Ruined it? What are you talking about?” Taehyung frowned.

Exit stairs of the south building…

     “You what?” Taehyung squeaked.

     “I kissed him…” Mark sighed, as he sat on the stairs.

     “When?”

     “This morning…in my kitchen…I dunno what got into me…he just stood there and all I can think was that I wanted to kiss him.”

     “How does it feel?”

     “Right…it was great when he kissed me back but then…”

     “What?” Taehyung sat next to him.

     “The look in his eyes…seems like he was regretting it…I’ve ruined it Tae…I knew it…”

     “Maybe it’s not that bad…” Taehyung rubbed Mark’s back, trying to soothe him.

     “I dunno Tae…everything is ed up…the friendship…if only I could turn back time…”

     "Look at this way…you can cross kissing Jinyoung off your bucket list…”

     “Tae…you’re not helping…” Mark glared at his friend.

     “What do you want me to say then? I mean…you said it was great and he did kiss you back…that showed he actually got feelings for you…”

     “I don’t think so…why did my life had to be so complicated?”

     “Maybe things weren’t as bad as you think…”

    “I wish…god…I felt so stupid right now…”

Meanwhile…

    “Jinyoung ah…yaa Park Jinyoung…”

Jinyoung was out of his little trance when he heard someone calling his name.

    “Earth to Jinyoung…” Jaebum snapped his fingers.

    “Oh…hey…”

    “What’s going on with you?”

    “Nothing…” Jinyoung replied.

    “Really?” Jaebum cocked an eyebrow. “Care to explain that?” he pointed at the duster he was holding.

Apparently Jinyoung had dusted the chalkboard on static, away from the spot where the writings were.

    “Oh…sorry…” he quickly do his work properly.

   “You wanna talk? You look a little different since you came in…”

   “I guess I just got a lot of things in my mind…:

   “You sure?”

   “Yeah…don’t worry about it…”

Students’ starts coming into the class and then Mark walked in with Taehyung in tow as usual.

Their eyes met for a brief moment but Jinyoung quickly diverted his gaze away when he saw Taehyung reached for Mark’s hand.

 

Sorry for the late update...I got stuck lately (damn you writers' block!)

Anyway...Mark kissed Jinyoung! What happen next? Just wait and see...

Happy reading and as usual, flood the comment box!

BBYONG!!