Chapter 4: Our unnie's officially married!

Love behind-the-scene

"Unnie!! What's that on your hand??" MAMAMOO beagle-dols gushed in surprise as their leader reached home on her wedding night. Solar blushed as they stared at the ring in awe. "...Oh my god! Ric Hyung finally proposed to you??" A simple nod from Solar send her dongsaengs running around their home squealing in excitement and envy. It was hilarious to see their reaction and of course, they squeezed every little detail of the sweet proposal from her.

 

After a warm shower, Solar returned to her room and saw a blinking light on her mobile phone. "Are you asleep?" It was Eric. His message set her smiling to herself. "Nope, I just got out of the shower. The members refused to let me go shower unless I tell them everything about today. Aren't you having an early schedule tomorrow? You should rest early.." Solar giggled as she hit the 'send' button. She is beginning to feel like Eric's real wife, he filled up her thoughts so often lately. She felt the need to nag at him for little things, sending reminders to take care of his health and all. "Yeah, I have to be up at 6am tomorrow to get ready. Alrighty, i shall listen to Yongddongi. See you in my dreams~" Eric replied with a voice message, his gentle voice set her heart fluttering. Solar squealed softly after hearing his message and hid under her blanket. This man is too much for her heart to take. That night, Eric and Solar dreamt of each other. Love has never felt so real...

 

"Unnie, how does it feel like to be married?" Gfriend members asked Solar during their SHOWTIME filming. Solar kept her usual beagle coolness and smiled. "Well, feel free to ask me anything about marriage life. It's nice to have someone to call yours and have them in your thoughts from time to time." Sparing no humbleness, Solar was proud of her marriage life. The simple thought of Eric made her smile uncontrollably. Every single little thing could make her think of him, from coffee to english pop songs. He is everywhere in her life now.

 

Eric was done with his schedule for the day. Scrolling through his instagram, he paused at MAMAMOO official instagram to look at her. As bizarre as the whole virtual marriage idea may be, he was thankful that Solar was the one. They are of opposite personalities and complement each other well. It was like finding someone who could fill up your flaws and being together simply makes things seem perfect. Being alone without his family in Korea, she was the next closest in his heart. He has good friends of course, but she simply holds different meaning to him. Tapping to his contacts, Eric attempted to call her. "...Yoonddongseu~" Her cheerful vibe generated through him as she picked up the phone almost immediately. "Hey..Just done with my schedule, was wondering if you have time for dinner..Its ok if you are still busy though" Eric was nervous, he does not want to sound too eager and scare her off. Being brought up in a western country, he is still adapting to the Korean culture of relationships. "Ok! Sure! Where shall we meet?...I know this may sound a little abrupt but maybe we can meet at your home for dinner? I'm so craving for your cooking right now. Please~?" Solar's cute little request made Eric's heart skip a beat. This girl sure knows how to make his heart race fast..

 

Ding Dong! Eric was halfway through his cooking when his doorbell rang. Looking through his doorhole, Eric saw Solar with her hair bunned up wearing a hoodie and skirt. "How can she be so pretty even when dressed casually?" Eric thought to himself as a wide smile spread across his face. "Yoonddong~!" Solar giggled as Eric opened his door. "Something smells good~" Solar bounced into his apartment and followed him to the kitchen. She never knew a simple dinner date could make her feel so fortunate and grateful. Sitting on a high chair and observing his back while he cooks, Solar felt her heart melting. She must have done something great in her past life to deserve this man.

 

"How's the food? Eric asked as they cleared the dishes together. It was nice to stand next to each other, one washing the dishes one drying the dishes. Solar gave him a thumb-up in response and smiled sweetly. After cleaning up, Eric and Solar sat on his couch and listened to jazz music. Although Solar preferred hip-hop music, she was also enjoying the soothing music that Eric recommended to her..

 

Looking down, Eric smiled as a sleeping Solar lied on the pillow placed on his lap. Her trust in him was something he is thankful for, being someone she can rely on was also a plus point. Raindrops hitting the windows added on more rhythm to the jazz music which is setting a relaxing atmosphere in his home. Running his fingers softly through Solar's hair and tucking a loose strand behind her ear, Eric took a close look at her face. Her irresistably pinch-worthy cheeks felt smooth to the touch. It was getting late but Eric really wants to just stay up all night like this..