Chapter 2: Our secret night date

Love behind-the-scene

It was a chilly night when Eric first walked Solar home. They had fun playing by themselves along the way, it was the first time a guy has walked Solar home. There was so much they could talk about. Eric was reluctant to let her go, he really wanted to have more time with her. 

 

"Yongddong ah" Eric mustered his courage to call Solar on her mobile phone after the filming crew has left. "I was wondering..do you want to go grab something light? I need a supper buddy.." Solar was smiling at her end of the phone, little did Eric know that she did not go up to her apartment but was actually hiding round the corner observing him. "Sure, are you still in my neighbourhood?..Ok, give me 5 minutes. Let's meet at the cafe round the corner." After ending their phone conversation, Solar ran all the way back to her apartment to change into a hoodie, leggings and her favourite crocs. Checking her makeup once more in the elevator, she giggled to her own reflection. She cannot believe they are going on a night date off-screen.

 

"Guess who?" Solar tiptoed to Eric's back and covered her small hands on his eyes. Eric broke into a smile at her little cheeky action and turned his head around as she uncovered his eyes and popped her face close to his. Time seem to go on a slow motion mode as their eyes met.

 

"Is it ok for us to meet like this? Will your fans come screaming at me?" Solar was a little worried. Being in this industry, she knows the speed of social media and how scary netizens can be. One wrong move and boom, you get loads of hate comments."Dont worry, fans should respect our privacy too. Come on, we are humans too." Eric winked as he replies. Knowing that they cannot stay at a cafe for too long due to the high chances of being recognised, Solar racked her brain to think of somewhere they can go to. "I know of a secret hide-out place, even my members dont know about it. Do you wanna go there?" Solar asked.

 

Eric was surprised by Solar's suggestion, he did not expect her to share her secret hide-out with him. After grabbing their drinks, they walked towards a park. Solar led the way and they arrived at a quiet jetty. There was nobody there except them, surrounded by the soft crashing of waves. "I always come here when I feel like being alone. During my trainee days, it was really difficult. I was not sure whether my decision to become an idol was right or not. But I didnt want to burden my family or friends, so I often took long walks alone. This is my favourite spot to stop and just sort out my thoughts.." Solar's voice trailed off as she looks far away at the distance. Eric stood beside and glanced at her. This is the first time he has ever seen her being herself, being Yongsun and not Solar. They stood in silence as the waves crashed against the rocks. 

 

"You know..you can always share with me your troubles, your happiness, anything. I may not be the best to give advice but I'll be more than glad to listen. You are not alone, now I'm here." Eric smiled at Solar as he broke the silence. Solar looked at Eric as he finished his little confession, the warmth in his smile and his words made her wish that she has known him earlier. They sat down and talked about their pasts, their fears and funny experiences.

 

As the wind blew, Solar shivered as goosebumps form along her arms. A warm arm rest on her shoulders and pulled her close. Being a shy girl, she has been rather resistant to skinship. But this time round, it felt different. Part of her was frozen by Eric's action, part of her was actually enjoying it. "When i was informed by my manager that I have to join WGM, i was a little hesitant. I dont want to end up forcing myself to display skinship on-screen but have a cold relationship with my partner off-screen. Let's just take things slowly ok? I really do want to know you more and hopefully let you know more about me too." Eric confessed. He did not want to make Solar feel stressed by the requests from the PDs or their fans. All he wants, is to do things naturally at their comfortable pace.

 

Solar nodded as she snuggled closer to him. This was a different side of Eric - not singer Eric, not goofy Eric - but Eric Nam, the man who sincerely wants to know her as her.