Chapter 1

Between Us

"Jinha! Breakfast is almost ready!" I heard my step-mother call from downstairs.

"Coming, Eomma!" I shout back and run my brush through my long black hair once more before straightening up my uniform, grabbing my house keys and backpack and then heading downstairs to the dining room. I see my father and step-mother already at the table, ready to start the day. 

"Good morning, Eomma~ Appa~" I chime softly before I take my seat at the table. We all begin to eat before my father speaks up.

"Do you have everything ready, sweetie? Your schedule? You know where you're going? Do you want me to go in with y--" He was cut off by my step-mother, Jocelyn, and I let out a small giggle. 

"Yeobo, you worry too much. Our Jinha will be just fine. She's smart, just like her father. I'm certain she will be just fine on her own." She smiles at me and I nod my head before I look over at him.

"Eomma is right, Appa. I'm going to be fine. I already know where the main office is and I'm sure I can find help if I need it. I already have my stuff ready. All of my notebooks, my planner, and everything else. What more do I need? I've done this more than enough times, Appa~"

He lets out a sigh and then a chuckle. "Aish, you punk. I just want to make sure my baby girl is going to be okay."

We all share a laugh and finish our breakfast before Jocelyn gets up to take our dishes to the sink before she comes back with a packed lunch. "Here you go, sweetie. The driver's outside ready to take you to school. Have a great day, darling. We love you." She hands me the sack and kisses my forehead before I give her a kiss on the cheek. 

"I love you both as well~" I smile brightly before I go to give my father a kiss on the cheek and I'm out the door, heading towards the nice car in the driveway. I get into the back and greet the driver, smiling and getting a smile in return before he begins to head out, driving off to my new school while I think. 

A new school... It's nothing new, really. I just honestly hope this is the last time for a long while. My father works in a big company, and he used to get transferred into different areas constantly, causing me to have to transfer schools every few months. I believe he is settling here for a long while so I hope I'm not transferring anymore. I think Jocelyn may be hoping for the same thing. I feel bad that she has to deal with this as well, but she's so happy with my father, so I can't say anything's wrong. 

Jocelyn.. My father remarried a few years after my mother passed away when I was only seven years old. We were both heartbroken.. But then Jocelyn found her way into our lives and my father can be happy again. 

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the driver call out my name. "Miss Jinha. We have arrived. Have a nice day, Miss." I smile and nod my head before I step out of the car, checking the time. 7:13. I still have plenty of time before the bell rings. I take a deep breath and walk in through the doors, making my way to the main office which I memorized from my research on the school. I mumble the directions to myself whilst looking over my schedule. "Take a left down to the end of the hallway.." 

Next thing I knew, I was on the ground and I look up to find a group of guys standing in front of me. I scramble to stand up and I bow my head frantically. " I-I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going and and-" I stopped and looked up in confusion when I hear laughter. 

"Don't worry. We're not mad or anything," the guy in the middle spoke up. I let out a breath of relief and I start to speak again.

"I'm still sorry. I should have been looking where I was going.." I mumbled a bit before another chuckle is heard and I feel someone ruffle my hair. 

"We said it's okay, silly. Are you new here? Since you didn't seem to recognize us or anything."

I tilt my head to the side and nod my head at his question. "Yes, I am new. I just transferred here today. I was just on my way to the main office."

They all nod in understanding and begin to introduce themselves. Jaebum, Youngjae, BamBam, Yugyeom, Jinyoung, Jackson, and Mark. Otherwise known as Got7.

I smile brightly at them and bow politely, introducing myself as well. "I'm Oh Jinha. Nice to meet you all! Ah, I should probably get going~ I still need to find out where everything is in this school so I don't get lost or become late later on." 

"Oh! we could help you if you would like." the one I believe was Jinyoung said. Jaebum hit the back of his head. 

"You're just trying to find an excuse to stay with the pretty lady, aren't you?" They all laugh and I feel my cheeks heat up at his words while Jinyoung seems to flush as well. 

"Aish, hyung! I was just trying to be nice!" He whines softly and I let out a giggle. 

"It would be nice to hang out and get a tour, but I don't want to bother you guys." I say to them and they stare at me.

"Nonsense," Youngjae spoke this time. "We really don't mind. Here, let's see your schedule." I hand it over and they look at it. "It seems like you have classes with at least one us each period. That's great." He smiles and the rest nod in agreement.

"Now, you can't refuse help from us. Hah!" exclaimed Jackson and I laugh softly in defeat. 

"Okay, fine. You guys win." I shake my head as they cheer. I have Economics first period with Jaebum and Bambam. It's 7:55 so we all begin to go our separate ways for our first class. Oh, boy.. If this is only the first morning, I wonder what the rest of the year will look like. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Hello! I know the first chapter was sooooo boring. The next chapters should be a bit better though! I hope you all enjoy!

Please subscribe and leave a comment for me! I may or may not upload a second chapter today, depending on my motivation for writing cough cough

Much Love, BabyByuntae~