Episode 1

The Reality Show
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

EPISODE 1

 

 

 

“You’re kidding, right?”

“No, I’m not”

A beautiful red head with seemingly smooth skin looks at the man on the table with his hands folded on top as if he has grown not two, three, four but five heads. “Are they that desperate? This is crazy”

“It is not. I actually think this is a good idea.” He said with a smile. “They want me to play with someone’s heart.”

“So? It will give us loads of money, we can just pay that person” he said with a shrug. “With today’s economy I don’t see anyone who will say no. I know I won’t”

“I won’t do this”

“I already signed you up for this. The contract is done and you cannot say no. Unless you want a lawsuit under your belt and me after your ”

“Arg! I cannot believe you, Dad!”

“You need this. It will put your name on history forever”

“More like have people hate my name. So who is this victim?”

“Her name is…”

 

 

 

 

“Kim Taeyeon! Seriously can’t you do anything right?! Anything at all?” a man in suit slams a bunch of paper on a table in front of a nerd-looking girl with thick glasses and unkempt hair who keeps on bowing.

“I’m sorry, I’m really sorry”

“This is the third time this week, Kim and if you don’t do well on the next papers I swear I will fire you!” the girl stares at him in shock. “Please no! I really need this job”

“Then you better do good! Ugh” the man leaves frustrated. The woman named Taeyeon just lowers her head and rests it on her table. “Hey, Taeng. Cheer up. You’re not the only one who faced the wrath of that stupid manager. Everyone here has. He’s just pissed because the higher office liked your report more than his. His subordinate might be promoted on a rank higher than him” Sunny, one of Taeyeon’s friend in that office and her best friend said as she pats her back. “Yeah Taeng, you move positions faster than any of us had. I bet that freak sees you as a threat” a taller, slimmer woman said. “Thank you Sooyoung, Sunny” Taeyeon said with a softer and brighter smile this time. “Hey! No chatting, go back to work!” And so they did with teasing smiles on their faces.

 

 

Tiffany’s face turns solemn and dark after hearing the name her father said. “Kim Taeyeon?”

“Yes” She looks at the picture in her hand. It is a picture of a woman who looks younger than what is stated on her file. She has a child-like face even behind those thick eyeglasses covering up her face. She also has a white skin and she looks nerd-like. “She’s an office worker and apparently she has no life and a nerd. Exactly what the viewers love. A lonely office worker falling in love with a superstar. Almost everyone can relate to it.”

Tiffany looks at the picture again. “Tiffany…” her Dad called her. “Make me proud…”

‘Those words…’

“… I will.”

 

 

 

 

 

DAY ONE

 

“Ahh! Finally I’m done!” Taeyeon stretches her arms and legs after a long day of work. She can finally go home after working overtime on a project that their manager forced her to finish. She cleans up her table and puts her things inside her bag. She stifles a yawn as she fixes her coat and makes her way out of the office.

She was going home and chose to walk instead of hailing a cab to catch a glimpse of the night sky and a whiff of fresh air. Thankfully her workplace is near a park so the view and the air is fresher. “Oh my gosh!” she hears a scream from somewhere like someone’s in trouble. She immediately looks around but sees no one. She chose to ignore it and move along. She feels a little weird as if someone’s watching her but again chose to shrug it off and kept on going.

“Help!” she heard the voice again. It was clearer this time and sounded more desperate.

 

“Okay, so all you have to do is bump to her and hope that she recognize you.” A man in cap said. “We will be behind the trees and this drone will just be above you. Remember, distract her she should not notice us or all of this wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter