Chapter 2: Meeting

Rabbit House

Chapter 2 

 

A raven-haired woman peeked out from under the blanket. It was morning now and the sun was shining through, to her dismay. A figure beside her shifted to attain a more comfortable position.

Kwon Yuri carefully slid out of the white comforter. She was extra careful as to not wake up the sleeping girl.

She slid on all of her clothes before making her way out of the girl's apartment. She took a deep breath when she exited. Being secretive was something Yuri at.

I seriously wonder how ninjas do it.

Her arms pumped out with a huge grin on her face.

"I made it!" she practically yelled.

A door right next to her opened and she immediately pretended she wasn't celebrating or doing anything unusual.

Out walked a familiar redhead. They looked at each other. One pair opened in pleasant surprise while the other glared.

"Fany!" Yuri called.

Tiffany groaned out loud, not bothering to hide the fact that she did not want to see Kwon Yuri at all. She kept walking towards the elevator despite Yuri's constant hellos and repetitive "can you hear me?"

She walked faster in hope of abandoning the blabbering dog-like, taller girl behind her. Unfortunately, she was not quick enough. Tiffany tried repeatedly banging the close button when in the elevator, but Yuri managed to slip through with her lean body of hers. The doors shut.

"So what are you doing here?"

No reply. Instead, Tiffany pressed the lobby button. Yuri didn't mind and kept blabbering on and on. She talked about the party, how wild it was, and how many people were checking her out. Tiffany couldn't care any less.

For someone who everyone claims to be the most talkative, Tiffany always became quiet and irritated every time Yuri was around. The tanned girl liked to annoy her along with their other housemate, Im Yoona.

The reason behind Tiffany's main dislike towards Yuri was none other than Yuri's open uality; she was a lesbian.

"Was that your boyfriend's place?"

"Just shush will you?"

"Oh hey you finally talked!"

The elevator doors opened. Tiffany looked as if she flew out of the confined space.

"Hey so do you want to get something to eat before we go home?"

"No! Now walk over there!"

Yuri frowned. She didn't like when she was being yelled at or told what to do, but irritated Tiffany was scary. In Yuri's opinion, annoyed Tiffany was cute and angry Tiffany was hot. Despite her erted thoughts, she slowed her steps and stopped talking.

"Taxi!"

A taxi car slowed down. It pulled to the side a little ahead of Tiffany. Yuri watched as Tiffany heaved herself inside and saw the car drive away. She shrugged and continued walking.

 


...

 


Im Yoona yawned. She was tired from her date that lasted until midnight. It would have been worth it, but her date and the date itself was really boring. Her head fell on the dining table. She ignored the loud bang and the radiating pain on her forehead. The first door on the left opened.

"Ow! Ow ow ow ow!" Hyoyeon shouted. Seohyun was pulling her by the ear.

"I told you I have a hangover!" she yelled.

"That's why you have to eat porridge and take some medicine!"

Hyoyeon groaned. She sat down across Yoona, who was snoring. The blonde noticed it and laughed.

"Seohyun get a marker and my phone."

"Why do you need that?"

"I'm going to draw on Yoona's face."

"That's not nice."

"Since when were you nice?"

Taeyeon exited the bathroom. She just finished brushing her teeth and was going to prepare breakfast. After a long night working, she wanted to sleep in until class, but Yoona had knocked on her door and asked her to cook something.

Out of all the housemates, Taeyeon was the only one that knew how to cook without burning something. Hyoyeon knew a bit too, but when she did cook, she would go all out. In the end, the kitchen would be a huge mess that no one really wanted to clean up, including Hyo and Seo. The latter believed the people who made the mess should always practice cleaning up after themselves.

Taeyeon found the two roommates arguing. She knew almost immediately that Hyoyeon was having a hangover. They always argued like that whenever she came back after a party wasted and with a banging headache.

She awkwardly made her way to the fridge. Taeyeon decided that a simple omelette and toast should do the trick to satisfy all of their hunger. No one asked, but they just expected that Taeyeon would cook for them all, even Hyoyeon. Speaking of that girl, Taeyeon started boiling something to make porridge.

Yoona woke up during the midst of their arguing. She was making weird groaning noises to display her hunger and annoyance.

"Shut uuuuup." Yoona whined.

"Yo Yoona I'm older than you. How dare you? Young people these days have no respect!"

Seohyun recalled all of what she learned through sociology textbooks and videos. She recited some of what she heard. Yoona ignored them and saw Taeyeon. Her mood instantly perked up.

"Taeyeon is cooking!" she announced.

"Good morning." Seohyun greeted politely.

"Hey!" Hyoyeon also greeted.

"Morning..." Taeyeon replied quietly.

"Oh yeah." Hyoyeon remembered. "Have you guys met our new housemate?"

"Wow," Seohyun said, "you were drunk but you remember that?"

"Don't be too impressed with me. Anyway, I think she's an American."

"Have you met her?" Yoona asked Seohyun.

"I did. I explained to her the rules and everything here."

"Ugh. You and your rules. Taeyeon, have you met the new girl?"

"N-no."

"Why do you always stutter when we talk to you?"

The door beeped, saving Taeyeon from answering. Tiffany walked in looking tired and worn out.

"Oh ho ho ho! You look tired! Tiffany did you get it on with your boyfriend real good last night?" Hyoyeon joked. Seohyun lectured her for being intruding with personal questions.

A sweaty Yuri walked in right after Tiffany. The older eye-smiling queen looked back. She didn't know how Yuri could walk so fast. Tiffany took the cab and yet, Yuri was not even a block away when she arrived. The truth was Yuri ran back just to annoy Tiffany even more, but she let Tiffany think that she was a fast walker.

"Yuri! You jerk!" Yoona stood up and threw a couch pillow towards Yuri. She ducked and it hit Tiffany instead. The eye-smiling queen was fuming by now. She huffed and sat on the couch. She wanted to go back inside, but she noticed Taeyeon was cooking.

"Sorry," Yoona said then continued her assault against Yuri, "you said you'll set me up with a nice man!"

Don't throw the pillows. Taeyeon wanted to say. She would have to clean up after them like always.

"He was a slob, Yuri! A slob!"

"Whaaat? Kyungho isn't a slob."

Jessica tossed and turned. With all the commotion right outside, she couldn't go back to sleep.

"I'll go get the newbie!" Hyoyeon excused herself. Seohyun was trying to give the best treatment to her hangover headache, but she was actually getting a headache from Seohyun's lecturing.

"Yo!"

A loud knock interrupted any chance of Jessica going back to sleep. She knew there was no pretending. By the looks of it, it seemed as if her housemates had no sense of privacy or consideration. She threw the blanket off her and slipped on her shoes.

Hyoyeon was at her door. Jessica was surprised. She didn't expect Hyoyeon at all, but then again, she had no idea who was knocking on door.

"Good morning! Do you want to have breakfast with us?"

Seohyun appeared and promoted that idea. "Everyone except Sunny is home, so we can discuss the rules again too."

"Ugh. You and your rules." Hyoyeon groaned. Jessica was glad she wasn't the only one that thought that.

"I'll be there after I freshen up."

Taeyeon began toasting the bread. She threw the bag into the trash. With so many people who loved to eat, food ran out pretty quick. She ignored the two hyper girls running around the living room. At last, Yuri was caught by the back of her shirt. The tan girl's eyes widened.

"Him Yoona!" Yuri cried.

The strong, taller girl pulled her closer so that she could kick her.

"Ow!"

"I can't—" kick!

" that hurts!"

"—believe—" kick!

"Calm down!"

"—you!" kick!

Tiffany laughed when Yuri stumbled face-first into Hyoyeon and Seohyun's door. Unfortunately, the two roommates witnessed the collision.

"Damn," Hyoyeon started as she made her way over towards Yuri, "are you okay?"

Yuri feigned an exaggerated state of pain to get more sympathy. "I think I got a concuss—"

Hyoyeon had already knelt down and interrupted by saying, "My poor door," while the wooden surface.

It was expected, but Yuri still couldn't help feeling offended.

"Yah!"

"Are you done?" Tiffany turned to Taeyeon. The latter was in the process of scraping the last omelette into a plate. She didn't have to reply for Tiffany to realize that she was done.

"Food is done! Thanks Taeyeon!"

She happily took one of the eight plates and settled on her favorite seat at the dinner table. Yoona had already ran over when she heard the word "food," and Yuri followed suit. Hyoyeon was getting dragged by Seohyun over to where the other four were.

Another door on the other side of the hallway closest to the kitchen slammed open. Out barged a tall, model-sized girl with a bad case of bedhead and a white sleep mask half pulled up over her forehead.

"Did I hear and do I smell," she paused when she saw the mouthwatering breakfast, "FOOD!"

"Why is everyone so loud in the morning?" Tiffany complained.

"Your voice is pretty loud itself." Yuri argued.

Taeyeon nodded in the background. She thought the same thing. The hungover girl offered Sooyoung a plate, who happily took it and settled next to Tiffany.

"Thanks midget!"

'Don't call me that.' Taeyeon wanted to say, but she could only lower her head. She couldn't even mumble a "you're welcome."

"We have a new housemate," Seohyun announced, "and since everyone is out here already, we should explain to her the rules."

"Oh," said Sooyoung, "where is she though?"

"The American is getting ready to meet us." Yoona joined.

"Wait, she's not an American..." Tiffany argued.

"I thought Hyoyeon said she was an American."

"No, I said I think she's an American."

"Same difference!"

Jessica sighed after she carefully closed her makeup box. The girls outside were arguing about the most ridiculous stuff, and she was getting annoyed with all the ruckus they were making. She checked herself one more time before heading out to meet her housemates. She opened the door and walked down the hallway. When she neared, she saw exactly 7 people huddled around a rather small dining table. The smell of freshly fried omelettes and toasted bread reminded herself of her parents' home.

The tallest girl seemed to see her first. She pointed with a mouth full of food.

"Oh! She does look like a foreigner!"

Everyone turned to see the full-blood Korean girl staring. She was completely puzzled and lost. Seohyun spoke up and introduced Jessica and the housemates to each other.

"The tallest is Choi Sooyoung, you met Tiffany," she paused, "the slightly tan one—"

"You mean the iest?" Yuri wiggled her eyebrows. She found Jessica extremely attractive and made it her goal to get in her pants.

"—is Kwon Yuri, the one that looks like the typical flower girl is Im Yoona, and you've met Hyoyeon along with me."

Once again, she paused. "Oh," she said, "and that's Kim Taeyeon."

The Jung and Kim recognized each other right away. However, neither showed that they did in fact, remember each other. Nonetheless, they were surprised about being housemates.

'Crap.' Taeyeon suddenly remembered. 'I didn't prepare another dish for Jessica.' She mentally cursed herself and gazed at her own plate.

"Oh." Jessica replied. It was a short and simple response, but perhaps a little too vague.

Yoona abnormally blushed. Jessica was extremely beautiful and even her voice was extremely alluring.

"So are you an American?" Yuri asked.

Before she could answer, her phone started to ring in her hand. She answered it regardless of her situation.

"I'll be there right now." Jessica stated before hanging up.

"Sorry but I have to meet someone."

Seohyun frowned. "But we were supposed to discuss the rules."

"Just let her go." Hyoyeon said. "It's probably urgent... And she probably knows the rules already. It's common sense."

"B-But w-what about breakfast?" Yoona questioned.

"I'm eating out today." Jessica informed. She was already walking towards the door.

"Nice to meet you all." she said in a monotone. Then she left.

"Wow," Tiffany spoke up after swallowing her toast, "she's actually ruder than yesterday."

"Aren't you the one that's rude?" Yoona snapped. "It seems like you ditched her for your boyfriend."

"How'd you know?"

"You came back home just now with the same clothes, and you always do that only if you've spent a night at your boyfriend's."

"Damn." Yuri laughed.

"And you're not off the hook. You owe me a favor for setting me up with a slob."

"Okay okay."

Taeyeon dug into her own plate now that Jessica was going to eat someplace else. She didn't know if she was supposed to cook another batch for Jessica starting from then on. Sooyoung leaned over and took a piece of Taeyeon's omelette.

"Hope you don't mind. I'm starving!"

Taeyeon blankly stared at her remaining omelette. There seemed to be less than a half left. She began to eat and started mentally listing the groceries list. Of course, she'd have to go shopping would after she goes to work. She looked at the time and noticed she only had half an hour to get to work. Her eyes bulged and she stood straight up.

"Yah!" Tiffany yelled. Taeyeon flinched, which the other girl noticed. She didn't mean to yell so loudly, but she was annoyed with her housemates and her voice was naturally loud. "Don't just shoot up like that. Scared me."

Taeyeon nodded. She was about to put away her dish when Yoona and Sooyoung caught her hands. She jumped.

"Can I have your plate?" they both said at the same time. Taeyeon let go of the plate and rushed into the bedroom. Seohyun would've lectured the older girl, but she was going to force Yoona or Sooyoung to clean the dish, depending on who was going to get the plate. The two girls decided rock-paper-scissors would determine the winner.

Meanwhile, Jessica got into a yellow convertible. She kissed the driver's lips before buckling in.

"Let's go." said the old man. He ertedly smirked at her.

Meeting is the start of the beginning. 

...

 

A/N: I had writer's block hahaha. I didn't really know what to write for the end, so it's just an obvious, common-sense note. Well, I'll think harder next time. Until then, thank you for reading and I apologize if this chapter was a bit boring. It's actually pretty complicated, trying to fit a whole bunch of characters into one scene without a character being left out for most of the interaction. For this, I've gained even more respect to those other writers out there. I'm trying to plan a smooth story to wrap this whole thing together and the significance of each character, so in order to do that, I have to be a bit slow, but not too slow. Sorry for any grammatical or punctuation errors. I honestly got lazy when I was checking for them, so if there's a misspelled word or something, my bad. People make mistakes. I think that's what keeps this world interesting—mistakes.