Chapter 3

A Long Story for Our Short Lives

It turned out that they skipped school for three days after they managed getting away from their mothers’ wrath thanks to their fathers (“Let them be.”, “They’re going to be separated for a long time.”, Let them spend their time together.”). 

They spent their morning on Ryeowook’s room (Kyuhyun had spent the night at the Kim’s residence), catching up everything they have missed when they were arguing last week. Then, they had take-out lunch on their secret treehouse (really, it’s just an abandoned treehouse which they didn’t bother telling their friends about). After that, they wandered around the town, visiting ahjummas and ahjussis they knew for bidding goodbyes. They spent their afternoon cooking with their mothers. Both families had dinner together at Kyuhyun’s house. After dinner, they played family games, in which Kyuhyun easily won and Heechul was forced to admit his lost. They all had a very great evening, sharing their laughter with one another.

All day long, Kyuhyun would take glances at Ryeowook, and smiled when he saw the smaller laughed, but deep inside his heart, he couldn’t deny the fact that Ryeowook would still be gone in few days. That made Kyuhyun cherished this moment more than anything. He could do nothing to stop the latter from going, so on the way to Ryeowook’s house, he held the smaller closer than ever.

All day long, Ryeowook had to fake a smile because he always remembered that he had to go and they would finally be separated. He had turned his head away every now and then when a tear threatened to fall. But that night, for once, Ryeowook forgot that he would move away when he fell asleep with a smile on Kyuhyun’s embrace.

 

The next day, they went to the zoo with Changmin and Donghae, after Kyuhyun forced them to skip school. Unfortunately, Shindong and Eunhyuk couldn’t come along because they had to practice for the dance competition. They met up at the main gate, but separated ways when Changmin and Donghae got bored after 15 minutes staring at the giraffes. Ryeowook urged Kyuhyun to go with their friends too, but the latter insisted staying with him.

They met up again during lunch time. They agreed to have lunch near the zoo. Right after they finished their meal, Ryeowook’s phone rang. “Yah, Kim Ryeowook, where are you?”

“I’m at a cafeteria near the zoo, hyung. Why are you calling?”

“Nothing. Do you already have plan after this?”

“I don’t know. Wait,” Ryeowook turned his head to face Kyuhyun. “Kyu, what are we going to do after this?”

“If Heechul hyung’s going to come then I won’t tell.” Kyuhyun said softly.

“I heard you Kim Kyu!” Heechul shouted very loud that even Changmin and Donghae (who were at the other side of the table) could hear through the phone. “Wookie, can you give this phone to your beloved devil?”

Ryeowook handed over the phone to Kyuhyun, but the latter refused. The smaller then shoved his phone on Kyuhyun’s ear, and unwillingly, he accepted it. After some shouting and threats, Heechul hung up the phone and Kyuhyun sent some messages to Heechul’s phone. Then, they paid their meals and went out of the cafeteria.

“Where are we going Kyukyu?” Ryeowook asked.

“Theme park.” Kyuhyun answered shortly, still in a bad mood after Heechul’s phone call. Suddenly, Kyuhyun‘s hand reached the smaller hand. “Let’s walk like this now since your brother would likely kill me if he saw me holding your hand.”

Ryeowook laughed then nodded. He intertwined their fingers and both walked ahead. Behind them, Donghae laughed when Changmin grunted. “They’re ignoring us again.” Changmin looked to his side where Donghae walked beside him. “By the way, why does Heechul hyung called him Kim Kyu?”

“Oh, it’s just Heechul hyung’s new pet name for Kyuhyun. He really likes the idea of Wookie and Kyuhyun becoming a couple.”

“But he seems to dislike Kyuhyun so much.”

Donghae laughed. “Oh, he did, just a little bit, because he doesn’t want Wookie to get corrupted by him. But on the other hand, he has never failed protecting Wookie. Both of them are happy simply because of each other’s existence, and Heechul hyung really wants his little brother to be happy.”

“Then, shouldn’t Ryeowook be the one who changes name?”

“I think so too. But Heechul hyung refuses to let Ryeowook change his surname into ‘Cho’, instead, he insists that Kyuhyun is the one who should change it. That’s why he called him Kim Kyu, and Kyuhyun seemed not really bothered about it. Besides, they look cute together, don’t they?” Donghae explained, “I mean, Wookie has been crushing on him for a long time.”

“Yeah. Don’t you think they really should be together?”

Donghae nodded. “I don’t know about Kyuhyun’s feelings, tho. But I do suspect Kyuhyun likes Wookie at some points.”

“Oh believe me he is.” Changmin smirked.

 

 

 

 

 

 

---

Aahh~~ sorry for this short chapter... but the next one I'll make it longerjust a bit heheh

Sorry and enjoy!!!