둘 | second visit

cinnamon tea and macaroons ↠ showhyuk

second visit
word count : 625 words

Hyunwoo visited the next day like he promised, entering the patisserie a little later than he had the day before. Minhyuk was working in the back room whilst the other two manned the front. Flour decorated his hair making his blonde hair look even whiter than it already did, smudged lines of espresso macaroon batter lined his cheeks as he worked hard to create more of that cute male's favourites. Hyungwon had been the one to break the blonde out of his intense macaroon-making, pushing open the swinging door to stick his head in. "Minhyukkie, Teddy-Bear has arrived. I repeat Teddy-Bear has arrived" He said cutely, sounding like an agent before disappearing as quick as he showed up. Minhyuk coughed, patting himself down to remove the flour from his clothing, not feeling it in his hair.

Hyunwoo was waiting at the counter patiently when Minhyuk came out of the swinging doors, although in a cloud of white as some of the flour became airborn. "Well hello there" Hyunwoo chuckled, his deep voice resonating through the smaller's entire body and making goosebumps rise on his skin. Minhyuk's laughter joined in, light and bubbly "Yeah sorry about that, it's my turn to do the baking" he spoke shyly, rubbing his arms. "I can see" Hyunwoo replied and reached across the counter to swipe a finger over Minhyuk's blushing cheeks and popping his finger in his mouth. "Mmm, espresso. My favourite" He finished.

"Another box of them then?" Minhyuk questioned and tried to feebly steady his heart that was pounding so furiously fast. Hyunwoo nodded and rubbed his neck. Minhyuk packed up another box and gently handed them over, the taller exchanging money across the countertop. "Why don't you come to our café, it's only fair since you helped me here" Hyunwoo suggested and Minhyuk's eyes flickered toward his bestfriends, both who were close enough to here the conversation and see the excitement lighting up his dark-brown eyes. "Go on then, Minmoongie" Changkyun teased, who was then playfully swatted by a blushing blonde. "Okay, just let me take off my apron" Minhyuk smiled at Hyunwoo, taking off his apron and hanging it up. Sliding his phone into the back pocket of his black jeans, Minhyuk headed out of the patisserie and to the small café with Hyunwoo by his side. With the walk being minimal, they had no reason for small talk but Minhyuk's cheeks were a constant pink, the cold wind forcing him into Hyunwoo's side to keep himself warm.

"Hyunwoo, you went to the patisserie to buy your macaroons, not bring back this blonde cutie. Hi there, what's your name?" One of the baristas said the moment the two of them walked in, his muscled biceps leaning across the wooden countertop. Hyunwoo swatted the back of the barista's head making Minhyuk giggle "Hoseok shush, he's a customer. Stop your flirting and get back to work" He ordered and Minhyuk shivered, the command traveled over his skin like a tidal-wave. "I'm Minhyuk" he brightly, waving at the mocha-haired barista that just smirked at him cheekily. Hyunwoo directed him closer to the countertop, shooing away Hoseok who snorted and moved to cleaning the tabletops. "Is there any drink you like in particular?" the taller male asked softly, gesturing towards the long blackboards that decorated the walls with the list of various drinks written in coloured chalk.

"Cinnamon tea please, it's my favourite" Minhyuk answered, pointing to the drink that was written also in his favourite colour, red. "Regular or Iced?" he asked again, fiddling with his collar a little which Minhyuk missed.

"Iced"

It was the descent into something bitterly sweet despite the sharp turns, and the end product was beautiful...