In the Sea of Tranquility

In the Sea of Tranquility

The wind rushes through Yunho’s ear. Passing by... whispering... whispering...

The scenery around is a still blue sky. But, the thin layers of clouds fastly changing into thick, thicker, and thicker clump.

In a slower pace, what once was a single dot, changed into more dots.

With time passes, the dots widen into shapes, and the shapes started showing colors.

Yunho has done this jobs thousands time.... no. Actually Yunho has done it much more that he lost count.

On other people eyes, this space guardian job might seems boring.

Travel through times. Past. Present. Future.

Going down to planets. Thousands of planets, more than what human learned and taught.

Death planets. Death stars. Toward unidentified space items. Flying toward them. Checking on the surface one by one. Checking if there are anything left over there. Anything that seems dangerous that it has to be exterminated. And that's it.

Dying planets, stars, or other space objects are very dangerous. They let out a very poisonous gas, before they slowly withered into pieces. Imagine if there are something left there and it grows. We will never know if it’ll, someday, turned into threat for human’s life.

Once all aliens things are exterminated. Only then the dying planets/stars/other space objects could be left withered. Those space objects will gone forever. Never even once written in human history nor they even know that such things exist.

But, that is a single portion of Yunho and Changmin’s jobs. Deleted all the dying space objects before it reach human’s awareness.

Because once it reaches human’s awareness, it could only mean a thing:

Whatever it is, dying, has reached earth close enough that it could spread it’s poisonous gas or whatever living threat live there that Yunho and Changmin failed to exterminate.

Yes, Yunho didn’t do this job alone.

Earth has a secret organization, very secret that even the most secret agent only know it as a legend spread among them.

Every one hundreds year... no... it’s actually more. This organization will choose two very special human who has showed an excessive extraordinary talent.

The talents are various. From being able to see through human’s mind to the ability of breathing under the water.

Of course they usually not only have one talent. But, to simplified it, Changmin’s talent is to fly. While Yunho’s talent is his super eyesight. The eyesight which allow him to see such faraway, that distance doesn’t matter for him anymore.

That explained why Changmin isn’t currently around him.

Changmin has earlier flew down toward the death city below.

Changmin could just helped Yunho and flew down with him, but, Yunho preferred to skydive freely on his own rather than having Changmin helped him. Enjoying the cold wind rushing toward his face and through his body.

Yunho could see Changmin hanging playfully on a pole of a flying clock tower.

Yes, a flying clock.

When Yunho overview it, this planet’s city has a random flying structure everywhere.

It could be clock, lamp, or just random billboard.

Changmin smirked widely, as Yunho fly down into his sight.

He reached out his hand, giving cue to Yunho to take it, as soon as Yunho get closer into Changmin.

Yunho quickly reached it, before he fully trusted his weight toward Changmin. Resisting as the gravity pulling them down to the surface.

“Have a nice dive, do you?” asked Changmin with his naughty smile.

Yunho smirked back, “Yes, I did have a nice dive earlier,”

Changmin laughed, before his stare softened.

Changmin’s wide smirk slowly faded into a softer smile. His eyes stare toward Yunho lovingly, tightened his grip on Yunho’s hand, while feeling the warmth of Yunho’s touch spreading to his body.

“Another task to go, huh?” Changmin said finally.

“Another task to go!” Repeated Yunho enthusiastically.

Changmin smirked naughtily again, before his hand slowly let go of Yunho’s.

Changmin let Yunho dive down first, while Changmin himself, getting ready to catch Yunho when they reached close to surface.

xxxxxx

Yunho jolted awake.

He gasped for air loudly, before his breath goes down into panting.

Yunho, has awakened again.

He automatically turned into Changmin.

But, surprisingly, Changmin still fell asleep.

Their hands are still holding together, just exactly like when both of them were put to sleep, again.

Yes, every time Yunho and Changmin were done from “scavenging” dying space objects, they are “rewarded” with a very long sleep.

Eternal sleep, is how Yunho and Changmin calling it.

It’s a very long sleep, it goes over months, seasons, and years.

Life over space could be very boring.

Having to keep their identity to secrecy added to the boredom, as it means they have to stay at the space, and couldn’t suddenly popped up anywhere they wanted to.

Only death or dying city.

Is one of the rule that Changmin and Yunho had to obey.

So, to make their life easier and feel shorter, once they were done with their task, they were put into “short nap”.

None of Changmin nor Yunho were dreaming when they are asleep.

They only close their eyes once, and when they opened it again, probably lots of years has already passed.

And when they were awakened, it’s only when there is a mission for them.

That explained Yunho confused look when he realized Changmin was still asleep.

Why could it be?

To be honest, for both Yunho and Changmin, being put asleep once their mission done, isn’t a reward at all.

It’s a punishment.

Yunho, loves Changmin to the fullest.

And so does Changmin, loves Yunho as much.

But can they convey it to each other?

No. there is almost, no time at all.

Once they were done with their mission, both of them were urged to back to their spaceship, and put down to sleep immediately.

Yunho and Changmin has been long unable to make love to each other.

To feel the soft lips while kissing, to enjoy the brushing of each other skin, and to moan in joy as both of them having the utmost loving session on each other.

If they wanted to do that, they have to steal times between their mission. On a dangerous withering land. As it is seeping poisonous gas from inside.

So be it, their miserable love life for thousands of years.

Yunho’s hand softly caressing Changmin’s, wondering still why Changmin didn’t wake up yet?

And to think about it, there was no mission warning on their spaceship system, at all?

Yunho suddenly remembered, once going into a dying star and got into some kind of archive room or library of it’s city.

Apparently, that dying star was once a place of space guardians like Yunho and Changmin, born.

Before the baton of the task was passed over to the human of earth. Where Yunho and Changmin were born.

Both Yunho and Changmin found a book, which contained legends of space guardian.

As the real identity of space guardian is a secret, it seems that the citizen of that stars only considered them as a legend, too.

On the book, it’s telling the process of a dying space guardian.

The book said, the space guardians are such heroes that need to be respected, to the extreme that they are also have to be worshiped.

The reason is because they spend their whole “immortal” life guarding the entire space.

And also, because the way they died.

Space guardians died, at the way that terrified them the most.

In short, they didn’t die “peacefully”.

Both Yunho and Changmin have thinking about it for long time.

What could it be that they both very terrified of, that they will be dying of?

Yunho stare still toward the emptiness of the sky.

It’s really amazing... isn’t it?

The space is actually the richest place of the whole universe. It contains everything at once.

But also, it seems that there is nothing on it... but tranquility.

Empty.

Wide.

Silent.

Peaceful.

The Sea of Tranquility, is what Changmin called the space they are living at.

Yunho remembered, the small talk happened between him and Changmin at that dying star where once two space guardians born at.

“What could it be that you are really terrified of, Yunho?” Changmin said between their kisses. Gasping on air as they break from each other touch, for a while.

“Mmhhmmm...” Yunho hummed while bitting his lips. His whole body was still nervous after touching Changmin again, after a long time not doing it.

“If you’re talking about the way I will die... I think it will be really scary if I died without you beside me...” answered Yunho, carefully. Half of his heart, really wished that it wouldn’t be that way when he finally dying.

Changmin started kissing Yunho again.

They were kissing for a long time.

Hands travelling and brushing around each other body.

Enjoying the warmth that they barely feel if they are “off-duty”.

“Yunho...” whispered Changmin between his kisses.

“Now that you said it, I’m also afraid that you won’t be there when I died...”

That conversation happened such a long time ago, actually.

Yunho remembered it, as he noticed some kind of numbers showing on a screen in front of him.

Yunho couldn’t remember what was the numbers showing.

Was it time? Was it the current year that they were residing at? Was it their age?

Yunho didn’t know.

He still stare at it with blank mind, as the space ship suddenly turning on it’s red code.

“Emergency, Emergency,”

Said a robotic voice repeatedly.

Yunho surprised.

Automatically, he took off his hand from Changmin’s grip, then quickly get busy with the computer screen in front of him.

“Warning, Warning,”

The robotic voice now changed it’s “warning” after Yunho pressed on a button.

Yunho still remembered the conversation between him and Changmin.

About what way that could possibly scare them the most, when they are finally dying.

“Everything you thought you knew, will self destruct...”

Yunho’s thought suddenly clicked together.

At the robotic’s word, he quickly turned from the computer screen, completely ignoring it’s warning, and reaching for Changmin’s body.

“In T-Minus...”

“4...”

“3...”

“2...”

The last thing that Yunho could remember was... hugging Changmin tightly to his embrace.