More Answered Questions

Project V

Minsoo threw open the door, stumbling through it. The girl, he couldn't remember her name, but she giggled and followed him through. Her hand almost slipped out of his as he leaned over to throw the key into the bowl. He missed (terribly), and it flew over the counter and hit the floor.

"Shhhh," he whispered; or rather, attempted to whisper, but really he might as well have yelled it. His head buzzed with too much alcohol and the room spun wildly, but he pulled the girl towards him and leaned back against the counter. She smelled like perfume and sweat and most of all: blood. He could practically taste it already; sweet, salty, and utterly irresistible. She stumbled into him and he wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer and closer as he kissed her. She was just as wasted as he was, if not more. Minsoo was vaguely aware that she was beginning to his shirt. He reached up and ripped the rest open, tossing it to the kitchen floor. She kicked off her heels and they began to walk towards his bedroom, their lips never parting for more than a moment, his belt and her jacket hitting the floor on the way. As soon as the door closed, she pushed him up against it, her hands reaching up underneath his tank top. He lifted his arms and let her pull it up over his head. As soon as it was off, he grabbed her. He pushed her onto the bed, crawling up on top of her, gripping her shoulders. His lips left , moving to her jawline where he left a trail of kisses that led down to . He paused, just a moment of hesitation. He heard her say his name.  Then, he sank his fangs into her neck and covered with his hand as she screamed.

xxx

Changjo woke to the sound of the bedroom door being opened and closed. It was Niel.

"You're back," said Ricky, who was sitting on his bed. He started to get up, but Niel put a hand on his shoulder. "What's going on? Where's Minsoo?"

"Ricky, you have to stay in here," Niel whispered. Ricky reached up and grabbed Niel's wrist.

"You didn't...did you?" His voice sounded panicked. Niel shook his head.

"No, I...took care of everything at the club we went to. But Minsoo, well, uh..."

"He brought a girl back, didn't he?" Ricky asked, exasperated. "Why? Why does he always have to do this?" Niel just shrugged. Changjo was completely confused, but didn't want to interrupt and ask questions. Niel looked up and saw him watching them.

"Sorry if we woke you up, Changjo. Go back to sleep. Everything's fine," he said, letting go of Ricky and laying down on his own mattress with a sigh. Ricky pulled up his legs and hugged them to his chest, biting his lip and staring at the wall.

"Byunghun said Minsoo didn't kill the humans he drank from. He said that Minsoo told him so," Ricky said suddenly. Niel looked up at him in surprise.

"What?"

"Byunghun said-"

"No, I heard you the first time. But when did Minsoo tell him that?" Niel asked, propping himself up on his elbows.

"I don't know. He didn't say. Do you believe it?" Ricky asked, eyeing Niel carefully. He nodded slowly.

"If Minsoo said it, then I believe it."

"I thought that Systems had to kill humans?" asked Changjo quietly. "When I was in headquarters, a man told me that that's why they made the Virus, so that we would kill people no matter what."

"Did this man call himself Five?" Niel asked. Changjo nodded. "Don't believe everything he says. He's an A System, so he's pretty much been brainwashed by the Project. If you learn to control yourself, you can drink a human's blood without killing them. It takes time, but it's possible. We're not entirely sure, but we believe that most of the Systems, at least in Seoul, feed this way."

"Do you kill the humans that you...drink from?" Changjo asked.

"No, of course not," Niel said, taken aback.

"Then why did you think Minsoo did?" Niel opened his mouth to say something, but closed it again. He sat and thought for a moment. 

"I guess...I guess I don't really know. I mean, he's a C System. The Virus effects him more than it does us. I suppose I always assumed that he couldn't help it, that he had to kill the humans. But if he says he doesn't, then he doesn't," Niel replied. Ricky rolled his eyes.

"I saw him once, you know. Feeding. He drank a girl's blood until she was dead," he said, looking at Niel.

"How do you know she was dead?"

"She just...went still all of a sudden. She'd been fighting him, and then all of a sudden she went limp. Then Minsoo stopped drinking her blood. Obviously, she was dead."

"Or just passed out," Niel explained, "That's usually what happens when we feed on humans. In fact, it's pretty unusual if it doesn't. They're scared and losing blood. It's their natural reaction. I'm surprised you didn't know that, actually."

"I've never-"

"I know, I know. I guess it makes sense. But the point is, Minsoo has a human here right now. I know it bothers you, so stay in here. I'm going to take a shower." With that, Niel grabbed some clothes out of a dresser on the opposite wall and left. Ricky sighed and let himself fall backwards onto his mattress, closing his eyes. Everything was quiet for a few minutes, only the muffled sound of Niel's shower and the traffic outside cutting through the darkness.  

"Ricky?" Changjo said, turning to look at him.

"Hmm?" he mumbled, already falling asleep.

"Why is Chunji here, if he's a human?" Ricky opened one eye and looked at him.

"That's for him to tell you, when he's ready. Not me. He'd actually probably get mad if anyone else told you, except for maybe Byunghun. You can ask him about it in the morning." Ricky yawned and closed his eye again, "Goodnight, Changjo."

"Night," he mumbled back. It didn't take him long to fall back asleep.