Anticipation

Wounded Kiss

Train of thoughts running through his head as he prepared for the final performance of his comeback concert since he was discharged from the military. Deafening screams of fans could be heard from the backstage as Jaejoong adjusted the earmic which had just been taped to his ear earlier on. So much memories came flashing in his mind. Finally after two years, he has returned to his fans and regained his lavish lifestyle after suffering the torturous military. 

Suffer?

Torture?

There was no suffering at all especially when he managed to spend many nights with his beloved without the prying eyes of others. Freedom lies in nowhere but in the military. Freedom to have his beloved by his side until the final torture arrived where he had to be the one leaving first. The freedom that was being snatched from him again upon his military discharge. However, he knew that it will not last long. He knew that very soon, he will reunite with his beloved again and they will not be separable. No matter what it takes, he will fight for his freedom to be with his beloved Yunho.


"So.. what excuse did you gave them this time round?" 

Trailing his fingers all over the arm that was around him, Jaejoong smirked. "The usual. Somebody ed up during training so everyone have to stay in during the weekend as our punishment. Yoochun always buy that for he understands. Junsu was annoyed that I couldn't spend the weekend for myself again but well, he knows there's nothing he can do isn't it?"

Adjusting his position, Jaejoong cocked his head to face the perfect being behind him. "How about you? Don't tell me you gave the same excuse to Changmin. He's not so stupid to believe that you offered to stay in and help out at the military events!"

"Well, at least he will always believe that I'm stupid enough to stay for that reason right?" Yunho chuckled as he tightened his embrace of the younger. 

Jaejoong's eyes looked around when they faltered and he sighed, "I will definitely miss this shed. In two weeks time, we will be separated again. This time round, will be for a prolong period until it's your turn to be discharged a few months later. Can I sign on to serve extra weeks?"

"Don't be ridiculous. You want to remain in the military longer?? Who was the one who kept complaining about everything? The food, the water, the sun, the day, the night and even the air you breathe? This place is not for you, Joongie."

"Any place is fine for me as long as I can always be with you. These two years are not enough to make up for the loss of five years without you. Do I need to suffer another five more years until we can be with each other again like this? I'm not strong enough, Yunnie..." Jaejoong held on tight to Yunho's arm.

The older felt sorry as he pulled Jaejoong's chin and kissed his lips, "You don't have to suffer anymore, baby... I promise."

"Don't make promises you can't keep. You promised that you will never leave my side but you chose to stay for five years and watched as I left. I couldn't even reach you at all Yunnie, do you know how hard it--"

"I know, Joongie." Yunho interrupted as he kissed the younger's lips again. "I know. That's why you have to believe in me. No matter what, we will return to each other. It has not been easy for me either. I can't shun away from my responsibilities just to be with you. I have explained to you before and you understood my difficulties. However, you still gotta trust me. I will make this work. I will make us work."

Still not convinced, Jaejoong questioned. "But how are you going to do it? Changmin is always sticking by your side. That boy hates me to the core. I'm sure he still does." 

"No, baby.. our Changmin doesn't hate you. He knows you dote on him the most.."

"You really can be so ignorant at times," Jaejoong scoffed. 

Yunho caressed the man's cheek as he whispered to his ear, "Maybe if you stop being so selfish and y then perhaps we can all get along together again."

"No, we can't"

"Selfish, y and pessimistic"

"Yunnie!!" Jaejoong exclaimed and hit the older's thigh. "I'm just fighting for my rights and especially after these two years, all the more I want you for myself!" 

Clasping their hands together, Yunho replied. "After this, no matter how hard it is and no matter what happens..... you have to be patient. Don't be so impulsive all the time."

"What you mean all the time??" Jaejoong was appalled at the accusation. "If there is one thing that the military has taught me..... it is to fight for my own freedom... and I will do anything to achieve that. Anything."

 



"Kim Jaejoong-ssi? Kim Jaejoong-ssi!" the flashback of his memory was disrupted by the staff who was waving infront of his face. "Kim Jaejoong-ssi, you can take the stage once the lights have been turned off."

He nodded as he watched the woman leaving. It is coming to the end of his concert tour and he can spend the rest of his remaining time preparing for Yunho's return in approximately two weeks. Just the thought of how fast time flies was exhilarating. The lights have powered down and Jaejoong headed out to the stage, cheered by thousands of fans who have filled up the dome. 

The spotlight shone on him as he held the standing mic and kissed the locket of his necklace.

This is for you, Yunnie



-----TO BE CONTINUED-----

Very first YunJae-focused fic! To those who're familiar, 'standbyouknow' has all along been focusing on EunHae. This time after our very long disappearance and the long-awaited updates on active stories, here's another project which has been lingering for awhile. 

Please share your thoughts :)

See you in the next chapter!
Till then!
Love :)

-Kat-