what feels right

this world is a wasteland (of opportunity)

kris/suho

rating: pg-13 (some language, ual references)

title from kris wu's july.

-

 

joonmyun always knew when he was in yifan's territory. the water was always pristine, abnormally clear around the perimeter of the elder's home in comparison to the rest of the pollution-filled landscape around him. yifan wasn't a messy person, but nor was he a compulsive cleaner. organized chaos followed the elder around like a shadow, and his home was no different. so the only explanation for the water's clear appearance had to be either that he simply felt the need to cleanse it himself for appearance's sake, or that he knew joonmyun was coming.

yifan never gave much of a care for what everyone else thought of him, so joonmyun was inclined to believe it was the latter. yifan always knew when joonmyun was coming.

"your waves always settle just before you wash ashore." 

if there was anything yifan was for certain, it was poetic, if not also thoughtful.

from the shallow waves, joonmyun rose, eyes closed and breathing in deeply to allow his body to reshape and for his clothes to reform. after a moment, he opened his eyes slowly, taking another few seconds for them to adjust - pupils constricting slightly in the early morning light, black dots against sea-blue irises. before him was a small island, bordered by tall, jagged boulders with the land covered in dense forest trees. over the tops of the trees, joonmyun could make out the distinctive top of a dark chimney - his destination.

with a smile, joonmyun started forward, walking across the few meters of water to the sandy surface of the island ahead.

it had been a while.

 

-

 

It had been a while.

Yifan lazily poured himself a drink - a whiskey, the name of which he was not sure nor did he care - and turned towards the fireplace behind him. Crouching down, he stared into the dark space, at the untouched oak wood at the hearth. Eyes filled with ember shifted, pupils constricting into reptilic slits, and in a mere second, Yifan spat out a small burst of fire, igniting the firewood in an instant. 

Standing, Yifan stared into the flames and paused, as if remembering something. His eyes flicked down towards the drink in his hands and, without hesitation, threw the glass' contents into the fire, watching as the flames burst in reaction, fanning over his form. Most people would be burnt to a crisp in the resulting flash fire. Yifan is not most people.

"What a waste of good liquor," 

Yifan scoffed, setting his glass down on the shelf just above the fireplace. "Good liquor," he rumbled, "Rich coming from someone who hates the ." He turned to face his visitor who stood, hands clasped behind his back, across the room by his front doorway and, upon doing so, felt a little breathless, the way he always did when their eyes met. He was good at hiding it, however.

Joonmyun needn't another reason to inflate his overlarge ego.

"Dirtied water," Joonmyun mumbled, eyeing the whiskey bottle sitting on an end table, "That is all it is. Foul."

 

 

a heated breath upon his face turned joonmyun's eyes back to the front. his eyes met small yet full lips, mere centimeters away, and he looked up to meet the elder's blazing eyes and, upon doing so, felt a little breathless, the way he always did when their eyes met. he was good at hiding it, however.

yifan needn't another reason to prod at his pride.

"you did not travel miles across frigid waters to give your thoughts on my choice of beverage, joon," yifan muttered lowly, "why have you come?"

joonmyun averted his eyes. "frigid water is water all the same, it-" he falters for a moment when yifan's head tilts to the side and down, nose skimming his left cheek, "-it matters not the temperature, you know it does not affect me."

yifan hums, somewhere so close to joonmyun's ear that the younger can feel the vibrations reverberating off his skin. he suppresses his shudder.

"and what of heat?" yifan mumbled, trailing down to joonmyun's neck. the younger determinedly held stock still as the elder pressed a gentle kiss to his pulse. "what of fire?"

joonmyun exhaled, cursing inwardly at how shaky his breath had become, "i am resistant."

yifan lifted his head, eyes burning into joonmyun's. "resistant."

"yes," joonmyun replied, "to...ordinary fire."

"ordinary fire," yifan repeated, leaning down to nudge joonmyun's nose with his own, "but not mine."

joonmyun sighed softly, his hands - once clasped behind his back - relaxing as he nudged the elder back, "not yours," he replied, "not dragon fire."

yifan took joonmyun's hands from behind his back, holding both wrists in his own hands and backed the smaller man up, just so his back was comfortably against the door. their lips brushed but did not press, and they breathed.

 

"Why have you come?" Yifan repeated against Joonmyun's lips.

A pink tongue darted out to wet abnormally dry lips (abnormal for someone like Joonmyun) before the younger answered, "We have issues to discuss."

Yifan hummed again, gently taking Joonmyun's lower lip between his teeth, taking in the other's familiar fresh taste, the scent of clear glacial waters that clung to his flesh. A soft noise filtered through the younger's lips and Yifan released the flesh between his teeth. "And?" Yifan pressed.

A soft, adorable huff, and Yifan fought down a fond smile. The lip Yifan just had between his teeth was now just slightly jutted out in a slight pout as Joonmyun gazed up at him.

"Must you always make me admit these things?" Joonmyun mumbled and averted his eyes, "You know it well enough that I miss you dearly. Enough with this, you have enough pride."

However, it was not Yifan's pride that swelled, but his heart.

 

 

"once again," yifan said, as a soft smile crept onto his normally stoic face. "you are one to speak about pride, joon."

joonmyun opened his mouth to retort but then - of course it was then - yifan leaned down to capture his lips in a kiss. deep and all-consuming, the way yifan always kissed him, like he owned his soul. joonmyun was inclined to think that, in a way, the dragon did.

with his wrists still held fast in yifan's large hands, joonmyun could do nothing but let the kiss happen.

no, he mustn't fool himself.

if he had truly wanted to be free, he could. there are numerous ways to escape this situation and yet, he chose not to. so he did not just let the kiss happen. he returned it, because his soul permitted it. no, because his soul wanted it.

joonmyun gasped when yifan pulled away, swallowing as yifan's kisses trailed downward, passionate, unyielding. "issues," joonmyun choked out, feeling his eyes flutter and the blood beneath his skin begin to simmer from yifan's heat, "discussing!"

a deep, guttural growl - more dragon than man - cut joonmyun short. yifan's head rose back up, eyes reptilian slits before flaming irises, "later."

joonmyun's soul was happy to agree.

 

 

They did discuss, a few hours later. Dragon Yifan may be, but soul he still had. And in that moment, Yifan's soul had been out of patience. Lucky for him - or honestly, since he didn't care much for what others thought of him, lucky for Joonmyun - his den was on a remote island. No one would overhear their passionate reunion.

After all, it truly had been a while.