birthday bartender

birthday bartender

Baekhyun had been so happy all day. He went out shopping for his boyfriend, Chanyeol’s birthday. He bought three brand new sweaters that he KNEW the boy would love, a bottle of his favorite cologne, knowing he was almost out, and a ring. Tonight was the night he was going to propose to the great love of his life, Chanyeol. He was so excited to go home and surprise Chanyeol with the gifts and homemade 불고기 and 파전, his favorites. Baekhyun had been planning this for months, and wanted it to be perfect. One final trip to the grocery store and he would be ready to go home and start cooking. Baekhyun got into his car, drove to the grocery store, picked up some spring onions (and a bottle of soju, who knows what could happen?) , and drove home. As he got up to the front door, Baekhyun heard a long, drawn out moan. Is Chanyeol already prepping himself?  He got excited, and unlocked the door a bit faster than he normally would. He threw open the door, and was less than excited when he saw what was on the other side. Chanyeol, pounding ferociously into a man he couldn’t see the face of. Baekhyun dropped the bags he had in his hands, and let out a heart-wrenching sob. Chanyeol immediately turned around, and saw his boyfriend on the ground crying. He ran over to where Baekhyun was, and tried comforting him. ‘I’m so sorry Baek, he doesn’t mean anything to me, I love you, Baekhyun! Please forgive me!’ Baekhyun couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Chanyeol has the audacity to tell him that he loves him after he catches him with another man? He turned around to see who it was, and it was a man he barely recognized, maybe seen him once or twice, Baekhyun thinks his name is Kyungsoo, no matter, he wasn’t the true problem, Chanyeol was. Baekhyun picked himself up off the floor, and started yelling at Chanyeol. ‘YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO TELL ME THAT YOU LOVE ME, AND THAT HE MEANS NOTHING TO YOU, AS YOU ARE ING ANOTHER MAN, ON OUR COUCH, ON YOUR BIRTHDAY, OF ALL DAYS?! YOU MUST BE ING CRAZY, PARK CHANYEOL IF YOU THINK I AM GOING TO JUST FORGIVE YOU AND THINK THAT THIS IS ALL OKAY.’ Baekhyun seethed. ‘Baek’- Chanyeol starts, “DON’T EVEN TRY. HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN GOING ON, CHANYEOL? HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN ING ANOTHER MAN BEHIND MY BACK? HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN UNFAITHFUL TO THE MAN WHO LOVES YOU MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THE WORLD?’ Baekhyun screams at him, pacing around the room with tears streaming down his face. ‘Y-your birthday. You know how we all went out to that bar, and you lost me for a couple hours? Well, long story short this is Kyungsoo the bartender, and the first time we met I put my in his ’. Chanyeol says, emotionlessly. ‘SIX MONTHS. SIX MONTHS OF ME BRAGGING ABOUT MY AMAZING BOYFRIEND TO MY FRIENDS. SIX MONTHS OF ME LOVING YOU ENDLESSLY. I WAS GOING TO PROPOSE TO YOU TONIGHT, CHANYEOL, AND I FIND OUT THAT YOU HAVE BEEN CHEATING ON ME FOR SIX MONTHS? I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU’. Baekhyun screams, as he walks into the bedroom, grabbing his suitcase, Chanyeol a beat behind. ‘W-what are you doing Baek? Please, Baek, please don’t leave me’ Chanyeol pleads, dropping to the floor crying. He didn’t actually think Baekhyun would leave him. ‘I’m done, Chan. I can’t.’ Baekhyun put all of the clothes he could fit into the suitcase, remembering the ring in his pocket, pulled it out, and threw it on the floor in front of Chanyeol. ‘Now you can propose to the bartender Kyungsoo. Hope he wears a size 9 ring.’ Baekhyun walked out of the room, and walked out the front door, all while Chanyeol silently sobbed in the bedroom. Baekhyun got into the car, drove down the street, stopped, and started sobbing. Why me?