0.0

Utopia or Dystopia

It is me, Jeon Jungkook. I live in city where money and happiness seem to be allowed to everyone, but me. As long as I remember I was bullied, it is always like that. Everybody in school seems to be happy so all of us have to pretend to. It doesn’t affect me, because “I am happy and I will always be.” To say the true, I don’t know what happiness is, we are all happy and when I ask somebody what is happiness, they always answer: “I don’t know and I don’t care.” Besides, it is since I asked this question that people have started to bully me and I was five.

Since, I don’t ask anymore and I agree with my situation.

But one day, I saw something special, I saw somebody, not happy.

 I don’t know what emotion it was but it was not happiness.

He was like daydreaming, or maybe the term that fits the best is “daynightmaring.” He was anxious, maybe out of his nerves, I don’t know, but he intrigued me.

So, I decided to go and talk to him, because he was, different. And it attracted me. He was sitting on a bench and eating his lunch.

-What is happiness? I asked.

- I don’t know... He answered.

 I confess, I was a little bit disappointed.

- It is… for me, when you fight for your objectives and make a way to achieve it. When you have dreams you realize, when you are so proud of yourself that you can do anything but cry.

He said after finishing chewing his bite of sandwich.

I was flabbergasted by his speech. Because I never thought of it like that.

-Are you happy? I don’t know why I asked this question but I had to know.

-Well, sometimes, it can happen. And you?

-humm…well,  yes, I suppose.

-Suppose? Why? You don’t know what happiness is?

-Yes, everybody is happy no? But I never thought happiness was like that. For me, we are always happy.

-You know, you cannot give only one interpretation to feelings. Everybody feels it differently; you have to take alone this unique experience.

-But you don’t look happy, I came to talk to you because you looked upset or something not really pleasant…

I was blushing. Indeed, I don’t know what it was as a feeling but it was even worse when he starts laughing. I felt so stupid.

-Haa..hahaha, indeed, I am upset because I couldn’t find my can of soda. Why is it so strange to look upset here?

- Yes, hum, no.. I don’t know. So you don’t come from here?

-No, as I said. I come from Sweden in Europe. I decided to live here because my dream is to explore the world and South-Korea is the last country, now I will stay here with my family because even if I was born in Sweden, my family is from here.

-Oh, it is for that…

-For what that?

-For this reason that you look handsome.

-OH! Thank you…

This time he was blushing.

-Why are you blushing?

-Because you are cute.

I really don’t know what feeling it was but my heart was racing and I couldn’t stop it.

-You are so cute when you are ashamed.

-Ashamed? What it is?

- When, you… well, it is complicated to explain.

A silence came; I thought it was the right time to leave him. So I turned my back and was about to leave when he stopped me and says:

-Are you happy? And by the way, my name is Kim Taehyung, nice to meet you. Hope I’ll see you next time.

― Yeah! And I am Jungkook. S…See you next time, Tae…Taehyung.

 

Is it love?